Lee Mair Signs For Partick Thistle

div

What a f**kin signing. Strolled through the game. Had Boyd in his back pocket so much Boyd resorted to clutching his head feigning injury repeatedly. Big man just smiled away.

Him and Barlow marshalled the team fir 90 minutes.

Old heads, the second youngest team in the league has been crying out for.

Thats what he is good at, a good talker and reading the game.

Plays better against a big target man as well despite not great in the air.

Problems arise when against direct players with pace especially down his left side

Good luck to him though and he will get a wee aplause from me before the game and then dokey afterwards

If you look at our best 11, there are top 6 teams who would happily take players from just about every position. Central defence is the exception...

Even at HT yesterday I didn't think that game was over, and it could easily have been 3-3 with those handballs.

With only two recognised centre halves left at the club we could really do with another two by the end of the window.

I liked Lee Mair, good passer of the football and I think he battled away well to get back into the squad despite DL making it obvious he was wanting to move him on. His goal against the Accies in the cup run was so important for us and I'm glad he came on at Hampden to shore us up at the back and see us through to a famous win. He's going to be a good signing for Partick and I wish him all the best !

If you look at our best 11, there are top 6 teams who would happily take players from just about every position. Central defence is the exception...

Even at HT yesterday I didn't think that game was over, and it could easily have been 3-3 with those handballs.

With only two recognised centre halves left at the club we could really do with another two by the end of the window.

Jason Naismith is a recognised centre back.Consistantly played there with the under 20,s.

I like Kenneth to be honest. He's only 26 and is the sort of massive bullying centre half that I personally think we have lacked for about a million years.

Either way, popular opinion before Mair left was that we needed another centre half. Now it's beyond doubt. We absolutely 100% need one.

I will be astounded if we don't have someone lined up.

Sadly Div I would not be astounded. I was so astounded by wee Dan's decision to play three at the back against Hearts (in the second half) that not having a centre half would not astound me at all, in fact it would not even surprise me. We need a centre half, in fact we could do with two but I have given up on second guessing our Mr Lennon as he is a fellow with strange ideas.

Time and time again I see dithering in and around the box - cue Goodwin & McAusland on Saturday - that's not a one off, either. They either hesitate, or meekly stick up a paw claiming off-side when basically they aren't reading the line remotely well - cue Boyd's winner at Killie.

We need a no nonsense centre half who takes a positive approach, commands the central defence, boots the ball to hell when needed and doesn't carry a reputation that comes before him for being a 'dirty' player.

I know you'll say it's hard to find, but I disagree. There are a lot of good journeyman professionals out there who would do a better job than we have at present (the -16 goal difference tells its own story). Both ICT & RC seem to come up with some pretty effective players that have 'failed' to make the grade elsewhere, so why can't we?

Is bahoken still injured? Like a few others on here I thought he should have been sent packing. However after his sincere explanation for his actions I actually believe this boy could come good for us now he has a point to prove. He could be like a new signing. Let's hope he stays fit to show us what he is capable of.

Oops wrong thread. It would seem that it's not only bahoken who can get a bit lost!

Is bahoken still injured? Like a few others on here I thought he should have been sent packing. However after his sincere explanation for his actions I actually believe this boy could come good for us now he has a point to prove. He could be like a new signing. Let's hope he stays fit to show us what he is capable of.

Has to get fit first.whistling.gif

Should of kept Mair since we had no obvious replacement lined up, still struggling to get my head around the fact we let him go to Partick. If you don't laugh you'll greet, absolute dreadful from st.mirren this window and we are now Certs for this play off spot, let's hope we bring in a decent manager before the play off who can actually motivate players because the current manager isn't capable I'm afraid.

What a terrible season this has been.

Should of kept Mair since we had no obvious replacement lined up, still struggling to get my head around the fact we let him go to Partick. If you don't laugh you'll greet, absolute dreadful from st.mirren this window and we are now Certs for this play off spot, let's hope we bring in a decent manager before the play off who can actually motivate players because the current manager isn't capable I'm afraid.

What a terrible season this has been.

I agree.

Just think, last season, if DL had been any use at all, Saints might have had a chance of winning something....

What a terrible year this has been...