Lee Mair Signs For Partick Thistle

div

I can't heap enough praise on Mair since he's joined us.

Like Shuggie before him, he has provided a maturity to what was the second youngest team in the league.

With him, and Gal behind him, we are more composed at the back. He reads the game with ease. The way he communicates with all the lads around him has seen their confidence grow.

Balatoni was the worst of our 3 to choose from, a calamity this season and on the verge of becoming a scapegoat for the boo boys, but Archie obviously thought... Who can "be" the best, playing with Mair. Neither Muirhead or Gabby have got a sniff since Mair came in.

I hope he's got another season in him, and the 3 lads have the maturity to fight for their place as on their day they are great centre halfs.

I watched Gabby's interview at half time on alba. He said, I don't understand why I've been dropped, but I'm going to work hard to get back in the team. It was great to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

With him, and Gal behind him, we are more composed at the back. He reads the game with ease. The way he communicates with all the lads around him has seen their confidence grow.

That's the thing, it can't have been easy listening to Goodwin shouting at you for every time you didn't cover for him or every time covering for him pulled you out of position.

He had that fanny Potter next to him!

Didn't see Potter mentioned in your previous post, just the suggestion that Lee Mair only had bad games because he was always covering for out-of-position-Jim-Goodwin. Now you are saying he also had bad games because he played alongside Potter. He was signed to play alongside Potter.

That was probably cheesys fault as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26095136

From the picture in the report it would seem he was out jumped and outmuscled by Sutton for the third goal.

Edited to add - Sunday Mail picture shows McManus doing exactly the same thing for 'Well's fourth.

Agent Mair, we salute you!.thumbup2.gif

Edited by FTOF

Just seen the highlights on Sportscene. One goal is deflected off Mair's arse when he turns away from putting in a block and then the two headed goals in the last 5 minutes both come from Mair being outjumped. 3 goals courtesy of Mair's defending.

Agent Mair.. please be less obvious or you will blow your cover!!

Going to one of our main rivals in the league currently - see they tried to get him in the summer, wonder if & by how much we had to sweeten the deal.

Given that he seems to have fitness problems it'll be interesting to see if he starts for Thistle, especially next week. ph34r.png

The other question is do we have a replacement CH lined up - preferably one that'll be first choice.

Right can we all agree now that this move has improved the Thistle defence - and that we've subsidized this improvement?

Oh and we don't seem to have made any significant improvement to our defensive line - absolutely honking decision and that's not in hindsight!

• 1 month later...