Lee Mair Signs For Partick Thistle

div

I don't think we should be punting either at the moment, they're both out of contract at the end of the season in any case.

I'd be happy for either of them to leave, as long as we get others in.

Vanzy is finished at this level IMO, and Barron is a perma-crock.

Mair's been a great servant but is probably finished at this level. A move to Thistle suits all parties concerned. Top bloke and cup winning legend, shame he never got on with Danny.

Hopefully we will bring in another centre half as well as one more midfielder before the window is out, the funds should be there.

Kenneth hasn't played for so long, any one know if he has any kind of match fitness? No point in signing him if he isn't going to be fit till March or something.

Mair's been a great servant but is probably finished at this level. A move to Thistle suits all parties concerned. Top bloke and cup winning legend, shame he never got on with Danny.

Hopefully we will bring in another centre half as well as one more midfielder before the window is out, the funds should be there.

Kenneth hasn't played for so long, any one know if he has any kind of match fitness? No point in signing him if he isn't going to be fit till March or something.

Never mind that, can you check your PMs please sir !

Right seeing as you all seem to be ignoring the elephant in the corner, ill ask what needs to be asked. I know some may not like the answer but we need to know

Whos gonnae take metafit now???......

Seriously though, wish him all the best, was a solid defender and a st Mirren legend in his own right!

Can we have Higginbotham and Taylor-Sinclair please as that would be a fair swap .

I'm sure Danny has been telling Archibald that Mair is a top class defender.

Archibald played in the same team as him at Tannadice . Danny wouldn't know a top-class defender if one booted him in the stones !

I think that was partly because the under-20's were all in Turkey though ?

Can I not have it both ways? ooolala-sign.gif

Back to reality - I don't know about the U-20's in general but Naismith & Kelly both played against the Fakes. I understand that given the budget restraints the club work under Mair had to leave before a replacement can be signed I just think it leaves us without realistic cover for CH tomorrow - still at least we're a wheelin' and a dealin'.

Like I said it'll be interesting to see if he goes into their starting line-up or the bench - especially a week on Saturday. cool.png

I like Kenneth to be honest. He's only 26 and is the sort of massive bullying centre half that I personally think we have lacked for about a million years.

Either way, popular opinion before Mair left was that we needed another centre half. Now it's beyond doubt. We absolutely 100% need one.

I will be astounded if we don't have someone lined up.

Jackie Copland will be pleased to note that you consider him over a million years old.

A lot of people seem to be missing the point here.

Rightly or wrongly Lennon decided over a year ago that Mair was no longer part of his first team plans so firstly dropped him and secondly made him available for transfer etc.

It's for the best that he's away and no longer being paid by us, the only issue I can see is it leaves us a wee bit short of cover.

For what it's worth I always thought there was little between him and Cheesy as players, Cheesy obviously edged it in our managers eyes.

A lot of people seem to be missing the point here.Rightly or wrongly Lennon decided over a year ago that Mair was no longer part of his first team plans so firstly dropped him and secondly made him available for transfer etc.It's for the best that he's away and no longer being paid by us, the only issue I can see is it leaves us a wee bit short of cover.For what it's worth I always thought there was little between him and Cheesy as players, Cheesy obviously edged it in our managers eyes.

I've got to agree it's the right thing to let him go. However the thing is we're great at letting go but not so great at bringing in. I would have thought it better to bring in before letting go.

A lot of people seem to be missing the point here.

Rightly or wrongly Lennon decided over a year ago that Mair was no longer part of his first team plans so firstly dropped him and secondly made him available for transfer etc.

It's for the best that he's away and no longer being paid by us, the only issue I can see is it leaves us a wee bit short of cover.

For what it's worth I always thought there was little between him and Cheesy as players, Cheesy obviously edged it in our managers eyes.

Yep a good servent, and cup winner to boot.

At the age Mair is at, I assume he is looking for regular games. Something which Danny felt he wasn't going to get with us, so was willing to let him leave to play. Really don't see why everyone was up in arms about that.

I assume he is on a decent wedge compared to others, so as long as we strengthen from his departure its a good move.

Also, an SPL rival with Lee Mair as the experienced leader (as the Thistle fans hope) of their defence, hardly strikes fear into me.

Good move for all concerned.