Lee Mair Signs For Partick Thistle

div

Curtis Good at Newcastle is available for loan, can play CB or LB.

I saw this boy play with Melbourne Heart a couple of years ago. He is tall, strong and seemed pacy. He looked a bit raw. (he was only 18 then). I was surprised he went to a Premier league club tbh. Worth a loan I would think.

Why couldn't we have waited till after we play them. They have defensive frailties right now, why not wait till after next week.

... because Mair will add to their defensive frailties but it may take them a few weeks to work that out? Anyone remember Mairzo coming on to steady the ship against Celtic?

The timing is questionable to say the least and the destination at best bizarre.

Can't help seeing a bit of a parallel with Goodwin and Hamilton a few years ago. He moves from Accies to the Buds and we survive as they go down. Time will tell.

Lee was always going to move on and I hope being at the Jags proves a catalyst for a move into coaching.

The worry must be Danny's ongoing difficulties in recruiting defenders of quality. As it stands, he's weakened an already frail defence. He needs to quickly turn things around or County and the Jags will carry the momentum following the transfer window.

Lastly, given his treatment by Danny this season, I think Lee has acted with great dignity. Never whinged, especially on Twitter, making it clear that he was always available for selection.

Lee Mair played pretty well in DL's first season - 3 years ago. He has been out the starting XI for the last 12 months or more. In that time the club have put him through his coaching badges, brought him on as a sub during the Cup Final at a time when he was otherwise out of the team, and he has turned down at least 2 moves in the last window when he was told he was welcome to find a new club.

Lee should know things can change quickly in football - the same guy who had verbally agreed to re-join Dundee from Stockport until he got a better offer and signed for Dundee United instead.

... because Mair will add to their defensive frailties but it may take them a few weeks to work that out? Anyone remember Mairzo coming on to steady the ship against Celtic?

How many goals did we lose when he came on?

I think that we should punt Mair, however the timing is almost laughable.

What's laughable about the timing? It's a transfer window...

You on the Peroni?

The laugh is to sell him to our rivals before we play them. Don't you think we should wait till after the game. We're helping them strengthen their squad, couple that with we've no replacement and hey presto bad timing.

ETA the transfer people out window for us.

Edited by Kendo

You've not mentioned anything like that before....................................:whistle

You've not mentioned anything like that before....................................:whistle

What?

The laugh is to sell him to our rivals before we play them. Don't you think we should wait till after the game. We're helping them strengthen their squad, couple that with we've no replacement and hey presto bad timing.

ETA the transfer people out window for us.

Mair staying or going isn't going to determine our season and if we can't finish above a Thistle team with Lee Mair in it, we deserve everything we get.

Sad news but David your right, There was no chance lennon was gonna play him, so good luck to him, Hope he gets a good reception from us when he returns next week with Thistle

Well I'll be cheering him if he defends like he did in the majority of games for us.

A guy who earned a very tidy sum of money from our great club is getting lauded on here and in other social media outlets as some great servant to St Mirren who was very harshly treated. Not convinced. I can't recall too many games in his time at the club where I have came away thinking 'Lee Mair played a blinder today'. It seems like the longer he has been away from the starting 11 the better he has got in some people's eyes.

Maybe a nice guy but that didn't make him a great defender. Maybe a few of his Herbalife and Meta fit buddies posting with tinted specks on. He will be punting his Herbalife gear in Partick by the end of the weekend.

Danny didn't rate him highly enough, wanted one of higher paid players who wasn't always fit off the wage bill. Life goes on. It's just a shame it's taken 6 months for the management team to move him on. We will cope without Lee Mair. Danny and Tommy will have someone lined up to replace him.:-)

It's best for all parties that he moved on.

How many goals did we lose when he came on?

I think that we should punt Mair, however the timing is almost laughable.

He came on with 15 minutes left and with Celtic 4 nil up... will we head back to the matchday thread to find out how high the score could have got in Mairzo's 15 minutes on the park, during which time he also got himself booked.

I like Lee Mair. Seems like a nice guy and always seemed to give 100% on the pitch.

But for the last year at least every time he's come on, I have found myself thinking 'Oh FFS, please no, anything but that!'

It is definitely time for Lee to move on and regain his confidence elsewhere. Best of luck for the future Lee!