St Mirren V Partick Thistle 25/1/2014

faraway saint

Fantastic result yesterday. Unexpected - but will keep my Hibee neighbour quiet for a few weeks!

Heading south tomorrow for a week so will be going to the Thistle game next weekend and will be dragging my son with me.

Hope it's a good game and a reasonable crowd.

Looking forward to seeing Campbell in action. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet: 3-2 Saints.

If I were a St.Mirren forward, I'd be rubbing my hands with glee about facing Mair next week.

Gowser and Campbell will know that if you run directly at him he'll back off and back off, allowing space for a shot or a killer pass.

Thommo will know that in a physical battle that he should outmuscle him every time and win header after header.

Must be nice for our players to get the chance to face one of "our" centre halves in a competitive game.

That being said and knowing our luck, he'll probably play a blinder.

Its a big game for us next week, a real 6 pointer. Hopefully it will be a big crowd and following yesterday's performance expectation will be high amongst Saints fans. Problem is we have been here so many times before particularly in the league - question is what St Mirren side will turn up on the day ....... must be due a win at home unsure.png

Edited by Dare

Well , no mis placed optimism around this one.

We have far better players than them , I just pray that we turn up with the right attitude and that DL does not phuck about with the basic set up

Be nice to see us dominate and win fairly convincingly........ Gowser higher up the park please, we could give them a ridin !

Looking forward to next weeks game it's got the makings of a cracker.

As others have said it all depends which St Mirren team turns up, but surely Lennon will go with the same lineup as yesterday, apart from maybe a starting place for the new central defender we hopefully sign.

I reckon it will be a tight game for the most part but we will eventually run out 4-1 winners with 2 late goals in front of a crowd of 5000ish.

Massive game H2H against rivals for the play-off spot - when Thistle took the lead against Killie yesterday they were provisionally in 8th spot yet finished it in 11th - it's that close.

I expect us to have a new first choice CH for this game - even with this I still reckon the transfer of Mair to one of our immediate rivals (likely a deal that had to be sweetened by us) cool.png is a risky piece of business.

As ever - COYS

Looking forward to this one. I think it is safe to assume that Danny will stick with Gowser in the more advanced role, and Campbell on the right.

It would be great if we got an up-tempo, in your face type of performance for the full 90 muntes. If so, we could potentially give them a hiding.

Think I'm gonna drive up for this. Any advice on parking near the ground? How early would I have to get there to grab a space nearby? Biggish crowd hopefully and saints open up a gap between them and the play off place.

There's usually plenty of space on Murray St., and I've not known there to be any major issue of late with cars getting trashed, though you can never guarantee this.

Only a few minutes walk to the ground, and my usual spot.

Edited by Drew

If I were a St.Mirren forward, I'd be rubbing my hands with glee about facing Mair next week.

Gowser and Campbell will know that if you run directly at him he'll back off and back off, allowing space for a shot or a killer pass.

Thommo will know that in a physical battle that he should outmuscle him every time and win header after header.

Must be nice for our players to get the chance to face one of "our" centre halves in a competitive game.

That being said and knowing our luck, he'll probably play a blinder.

That will be the same Lee Mair that just won a place in the squad of the day in one of the national newpapers? fish.gif

Edited by jpg123

Think I'm gonna drive up for this. Any advice on parking near the ground? How early would I have to get there to grab a space nearby? Biggish crowd hopefully and saints open up a gap between them and the play off place.

I find arriving at 2pm I can get parked right next to the ground no bother... by 2.15pm it can sometimes be a struggle.