St Mirren V Partick Thistle 25/1/2014

faraway saint

That will be the same Lee Mair that just won a place in the squad of the day in one of the national newpapers? fish.gif

You mean the bastion of reliability that is the Sunday Mail?

I thought you were more intelligent than that Lee.

Still, I'll give you your moment as it happens so scarcely.wink.png

Yeh, they have him playing in the midfield holding role....

Also reported we had 2 shots on target and 0 shots off target.....

Well the rebound off the post was actually not on target.lol.gif And the rebound off the post was not off target because it actually hit a target. lol

Edited by jpg123

Well the rebound off the post was acctually not on target.lol.gif

Two other goals & thommos header straight at the keeper. Does that not count ?

& the post rebound you laugh at ? is that not a shot off target , along with the other gowser shot that hit the woodwork .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Yeh, they have him playing in the midfield holding role....

Also reported we had 2 shots on target and 0 shots off target.....

The papers always do that. Just like if u had Cole and Baines both having great games in the same weekend, they take out say the right back to get a player who was good in. = Mair must have been good. punk.gif

Or due to the amount of goals scored at the weekend. There must have been no good holding midfielders on show.

Edited by jpg123

where's the greeting faced Borheid taxi driver?

Just seen Davie Elliott tweeting he's going to the game.

Looking forward to this, Our activity in the transfer window has been outstanding including todays return of the prodigal son.

Chris Erskine, outstanding? You having a Giraffe?

where's the greeting faced Borheid taxi driver?

Just seen Davie Elliott tweeting he's going to the game.

Looking forward to this, Our activity in the transfer window has been outstanding including todays return of the prodigal son.

We haven't signed Davie Elliott have wewhistling.gif

Ops. What team are you talking about.1eye.gif

Edited by pod

Think this'll be a cracking game. We've got a point to prove after being mugged in the first game against the jags this season. We seemed to have developed this horrible habit of bossing the first half of a game then capitulating in the second. As long as we keep going in 3-0 up at HT we'll be ok!!!

Roll on Saturday.

Really? He's a first division player who's flopped in the Premiership. He's Harkins lite, metaphorically and literally.

I was referring to JJ's habit of getting very excited about any signing (real or potential) that we make rather than Erskine's ability. smile.png

^^^^^^

Monitored his career since he stepped up from the juniors.

Not!

I actually watched him several times when he played for Kilbirne, before he stepped up from the Juniors. He wasn't a Premiership player then and he isn't now.

No wonder he's been punted out of United at the first available opportunity.

I actually watched him several times when he played for Kilbirne, before he stepped up from the Juniors. He wasn't a Premiership player then and he isn't now.

FFS, Lex! You know how it works.

He is guaranteed to score on Saturday now :o

Edited by Drew

This.

I seen him play for Kilbirnie about 15-20 times the year they won promotion to the super league unbeaten under Tommy Bryce.

Amazed hes manages to play at premiership level when better players from that team have hung around SFL lower leagues.

To be fair to him he must just have worked hard but not, imo, good enough to play in this league.

Watched the highlights of thistle v killie and the jags played some nice stuff. This has the makings of a great game with a few goals in it. Is Gallacher likely to be in goals for them? I remember going to a couple of games when he was in goals for us and he didn't communicate with the defence at set pieces or command his area. This, along with our knowledge of Lee mair, should give us something to work on. Naturally the jags will feel they will have some inside info with mair being transferred recently so it will be fascinating to see how it pans out. I hope we really go at them from the off as we have shown we have the firepower to really hurt teams as long as we score first