St Mirren V Partick Thistle 25/1/2014

faraway saint

The Jags impressed me in there last game though it has to be said Danny Lennon impressed me more.

We sat back and let the jags knock the ball about then counter attacked and scored three. First game I have seen Danny actually have a good tactical plan. The jags play nice football but I would be surprised if we don’t take all three points

I was hoping Partick would win! Granted we beat them on Saturday of course (I know!), that would take us to within 3 points to the top 6!

Erm no, the Fakes are 9 points ahead after last nights win. They will probably have between 44-46 points at the split which would leave us needing at least 21 points from 11 games (2 of which are against Celtic) - ain't gonna happen!

Erm no, the Fakes are 9 points ahead after last nights win. They will probably have between 44-46 points at the split which would leave us needing at least 21 points from 11 games (2 of which are against Celtic) - ain't gonna happen!

Yes but before last nights win they were just 6 points ahead and we could have gone to within 3 points on Saturday if we were to win. Forgive me for being an optimist!

Yes but before last nights win they were just 6 points ahead and we could have gone to within 3 points on Saturday if we were to win. Forgive me for being an optimist!

Yeah but you posted after last night's win. wacko.png

I not only forgive you for being an optimist but congratulate you on your surrealistic posting - we need more Time Lords on the site.

I expect us to have a new first choice CH for this game - even with this I still reckon the transfer of Mair to one of our immediate rivals (likely a deal that had to be sweetened by us) cool.png is a risky piece of business.

It's beginning to look unlikely that we'll have a new CH in time to make the starting line-up for Saturday's game - not really Lennon's fault and I'm sure the club are doing their best to bring one in but the Mair deal is looking worse and worse to me.

Thistle have signed Mair and midweek got Erskine back from Dundee Utd. while we will be struggling to fill the bench again, now I've acknowledged that Mair had to go before someone could come in but we really should've had someone lined up to fill the gap - we've certainly been outplayed by Thistle this window.

Too much negative nonsense on here. Are Erskine and Mair better than what we have.....NO. Are Thistle better than us....again NO. So let's concentrate on the positives e.g. We have some of the best young talent in our squad....we were magnificent for most of the game at Easter Road on Saturday etc etc

Too much negative nonsense on here. Are Erskine and Mair better than what we have.....NO. Are Thistle better than us....again NO. So let's concentrate on the positives e.g. We have some of the best young talent in our squad....we were magnificent for most of the game at Easter Road on Saturday etc etc

Mair is as good as McAusland or McGregor (and that's not just this week's opinion) he's just been frozen out of our squad because of his salary - he's gone straight into the starting line-up of one of our immediate rivals in a deal that we, no doubt, had to sweeten.

I've no opinion on Erskine other that at least Thistle have managed to get their business done sharper than us allowing them to field 7 substitutes.

Edited by Bud the Baker

It's beginning to look unlikely that we'll have a new CH in time to make the starting line-up for Saturday's game - not really Lennon's fault and I'm sure the club are doing their best to bring one in but the Mair deal is looking worse and worse to me.

Thistle have signed Mair and midweek got Erskine back from Dundee Utd. while we will be struggling to fill the bench again, now I've acknowledged that Mair had to go before someone could come in but we really should've had someone lined up to fill the gap - we've certainly been outplayed by Thistle this window.

Nonsense. We have signed Wylde and Campbell while Thistle have signed Taylor and Erskine - to my mind Campbell will prove to more effective than Taylor over the piece and I wouldn't rate Erskine any better than Wylde so the signing of LEE MAIR means we have been "outplayed" !!!

Mair was of a very similar standard to the other 2 CB's at the club and we are working hard to bring another one in. We need to be signing better players than Mair to improve. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 17 or 18 players available for Saturday so why would the bench not be filled ?

Nonsense. We have signed Wylde and Campbell while Thistle have signed Taylor and Erskine - to my mind Campbell will prove to more effective than Taylor over the piece and I wouldn't rate Erskine any better than Wylde so the signing of LEE MAIR means we have been "outplayed" !!!

Mair was of a very similar standard to the other 2 CB's at the club and we are working hard to bring another one in. We need to be signing better players than Mair to improve. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 17 or 18 players available for Saturday so why would the bench not be filled ?

Well it hasn't been for the last two games.

I reckon Lennon's handling of the squad over the close season and including this window has been poor, like I said we haven't been able to field 7 substitutes in the last two games. We're going to be cutting it fine between now and the end of the season if any of other players get suspended or injured and yeah I reckon Archibald has done better so far this window with the resources available to him if you don't think getting us to subsidize the Mair deal was a masterstroke then I guess we'll just have to disagree.

Listen mate, I've no problem with you but I think you have been whooshed here. My comment about a must win was more of sarcasm than anything else because I read posts along similar lines of "big game", "we should win this blah, blah, blah". I don't quite see why so many people on here are so eager to conclude that someone is trying to have a go at anyone connected with the club?

Fair enough I never detected a sarcastic tone but I wasn't having a go in my reply. I honestly don't see Saturday as a must win game in our current position.