St Mirren V Partick Thistle 25/1/2014

faraway saint

Whilst we had sold 600 tickets up to close of trade Wednesday. I noticed the following on our website:

Tickets will also be on sale from the North Stand ticket office at St Mirren Park before kick off on Saturday. These tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis until the North Stand is full – no additional tickets will be available for away fans once the North Stand has sold out.

Is there any reason that you are no longer allowing away fans in the top corner of the west stand?

Whilst we had sold 600 tickets up to close of trade Wednesday. I noticed the following on our website:

Tickets will also be on sale from the North Stand ticket office at St Mirren Park before kick off on Saturday. These tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis until the North Stand is full – no additional tickets will be available for away fans once the North Stand has sold out.

Is there any reason that you are no longer allowing away fans in the top corner of the west stand?

Probably planning on letting the home fans use W6&7 because Thistle aren't expected to bring over 1600.

Yes......Thistle haven't sold enough tickets

Hope this helps.

Think there will be more than enough seats in the North Stand to accommodate the away fans.

Extra stewarding and police cost to put them up in West Stand.

Yes......Thistle haven't sold enough tickets

Hope this helps.

no, it doesn't help.... the Thistle article infers that even if we sell out the north stand. there will be no more tickets made available.

it suggests that any left over tickets will be available at the ground on saturday, and once they are sold out... thats yer whack. there will be no overflow available.

Hence why i asked, has something changed at ST Mirren Park that you no longer allow away fans in the west stand...

Away fans were only allocated a part of the West stand if it was thought that it was needed and in advance so segregation and tickets could be sorted out. Obviously it is not thought that it is needed as there are still tickets left for the North stand with no obvious indication that Thistle will be bring more than 1,700 with them.

EDIT to add: Of course the game wont be sold out so just quietly sneak into the West bank anyway :)

Edited by Sonny

Away fans were only allocated a part of the West stand if it was thought that it was needed and in advance so segregation and tickets could be sorted out. Obviously it is not thought that it is needed as there are still tickets left for the North stand with no obvious indication that Thistle will be bring more than 1,700 with them.

EDIT to add: Of course the game wont be sold out so just quietly sneak into the West bank anyway :)

Don't you start! I've already had my jags mates asking what end I'll be in. Dicks!

I have delayed posting so that I could include all our new signings in my team. Ach well...............................

Kello

Naismith McGregor Cheesy Kelly

Newton McGinn

Campbell Gowser Wylde

Thommo

apologies to Goodwin but it's time to bench him for a few weeks.

3-0 saints Thommo (2), Campbell.

COYS

I have delayed posting so that I could include all our new signings in my team. Ach well...............................

Kello

Newton McGinn

Campbell Gowser Wylde

Thommo

COYS

Phew, I was getting worried.

Tickets will also be on sale from the North Stand ticket office at St Mirren Park before kick off on Saturday. These tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis until the North Stand is full no additional tickets will be available for away fans once the North Stand has sold out.

Segregation in the west stand needs much more then a couple of days notice and with just 2 working days til kick off you had sold less than 40% of your allocation.

If Thistle fans are locked it it's their own fault.

Segregation in the west stand needs much more then a couple of days notice and with just 2 working days til kick off you had sold less than 40% of your allocation.

If Thistle fans are locked it it's their own fault.

Fuxake, David.

It's just another example of the lack of desire to make things easy for customers - blame them - for not fitting into ever more bizarre constraints - and charge them a stupid sum when they submit. :angry:

Fuxake, David.

It's just another example of the lack of desire to make things easy for customers - blame them - for not fitting into ever more bizarre constraints - and charge them a stupid sum when they submit. :angry:

I agree with you but it's well known in advance what you need to do if you want to guarantee getting in.

All our games should be pay at the gate, but they're not.

Kello

Newton McGinn

Campbell Gowser Wylde

Thommo

COYS

After all the abuse Danny has received in the past for making constant tinkering to the team, I can't understand why we would want a change in line up.

Same team, same result (hopefully)

1 out of 2 ain't bad Isabella. of sessaon

TBH Dave, it's a 4 way battle to avoid the 11th place.

Right now it's anybody's guess who will have the honour of this exciting end of season set of games.

We, you and I, discussed this some time ago and I indicated that Thistles early season form had gone.

To give some credit they, and you wink.png , have slightly recovered so you are in the mix with another 3 teams, nothing to be ashamed of as staying up is very difficult in your first season.

As for todays game, 50/50 IMO, I believe it's more down to what we do than what Thistle do that will determine the outcome.

Edited by faraway saint

I've got a good feeling about todays game. thumbup2.gif

I have too, FS. The first half performance last week was so good that surely the team will want to build on that. Danny and Tommy should have them geed up for this one and with home advantage we should win comfortably. I'm hoping 4 or 5 nil.