The Let's Laugh At F*nny Mcnamara Thread

shull

Never knew that. I assumed it had been chosen in advance and it was always a risk Celtic could appear in the final. Thanks for the info.

Which makes it all the more bizarre that the Scottish cup venues were decided in October for planning, insurance etc reasons, but league cup was sorted out with about a months notice.

Rangers will get paid a fortune for hosting the semi-finals at Ibrox, and are getting a home tie and the lion's share of tickets as well. If the game is going to be live on TV they could move the game to St Mirren Park and no doubt still have a few empty seats! Shifting the game to one of the Edinburgh grounds might be fairer if the game is live on TV... both sets of fans have a similar distance to travel and a 20k capacity might be about right and no one has home advantage.

I do agree with poz about Stephen Thompson in particular being a grumpy bas

• 4 weeks later...

Rangers will get paid a fortune for hosting the semi-finals at Ibrox, and are getting a home tie and the lion's share of tickets as well. If the game is going to be live on TV they could move the game to St Mirren Park and no doubt still have a few empty seats! Shifting the game to one of the Edinburgh grounds might be fairer if the game is live on TV... both sets of fans have a similar distance to travel and a 20k capacity might be about right and no one has home advantage.

I do agree with poz about Stephen Thompson in particular being a grumpy bas

With the amount of fans the Fakes will bring to the Final they may as well have the game at New St Mirren Park.