Adam Rooney

liamg_smfc

Out of interest, who would he replace in our team?

Our (kinda) front 3 at the moment is Thommo, Campbell and McGowan, would he replace one of them?

Cover for Thommo is all I can think of, and I can't see us breaking the bank in that context.

If we are looking to bring in cover for Thommo, I would have thought a Parkin type player would be sufficient (in terms of cost and quality). We need to prioritise defence just now, IMO.

Rooney as cover for our main man doesn't fit the current profile of a guy with numerous clubs chasing him. Unless we were looking at a permanent deal with a view to the player being a natural successor to Thompson, then I'm not sure if there is much mileage in this at all.

Cover for Thommo is all I can think of, and I can't see us breaking the bank in that context.

If we are looking to bring in cover for Thommo, I would have thought a Parkin type player would be sufficient (in terms of cost and quality). We need to prioritise defence just now, IMO.

Rooney as cover for our main man doesn't fit the current profile of a guy with numerous clubs chasing him. Unless we were looking at a permanent deal with a view to the player being a natural successor to Thompson, then I'm not sure if there is much mileage in this at all.

Agreed. If it was the end of the season and we were looking for an attacker with Thommo a year older and Campbell and Gowser away then I would be keen, just not sure he fits our squad profile at the moment.

Need a Centre Half first tho!

I think a centre half is the only business we will do. Campbell has added a new dimension to our attack and Bahoken hasnt been given enough game time to give anyone a decent judgement on his footballing abilities.

If we stick with Campbell playing more in the right sided position with Gowser just off Thommo, we could have a fairly potent threat up front. Assuming Bahoken shakes his knock off soon, he would be cover for Thompson, and we have Wylde available to mix things up if required.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a centre half and a midfielder before the wondow shuts, though. Certainly a couple more I suspect, with defence being the absolute priority.

Edited by Drew

if he was ever going to come here its not likely be in this window it will be summer because he is out of contract .We may be in with a chance though as Gary Harkins is on loan at Oldham were Rooney plays and we might have established a decent relationship with them, especially if Harkins plays well. They might even do us a swap. I wouldn't worry to much about defenders as the clear out of Barron and Mair makes you think there will be someone on the way.hopefully.