Hearts Vs St Mirren

Scabby Dug

A bit short notice for this, think getting Ryan Stevenson free from suspension for cup semi final is the real reason for the hastily arranged match. Don't know if we were/are allowed to refuse to play on this date but i would as about 3 or 4 years back Skysports changed our Scottish cup tie v Motherwell to a Thursday at last min & when we asked Hearts to change league match from Saturday they refused. Ended up beating them anyway but Romanov was quite outspoken about us for asking at the time. Tell SPL & Hearts Wednesday are our day off & coronation street is on so thanks but no thanks.

Edited by Ronnie

A bit short notice for this, think getting Ryan Stevenson free from suspension for cup semi final is the real reason for the hastily arranged match. Don't know if we were/are allowed to refuse to play on this date but i would as about 3 or 4 years back Skysports changed our Scottish cup tie v Motherwell to a Thursday at last min & when we asked Hearts to change league match from Saturday they refused. Ended up beating them anyway but Romanov was quite outspoken about us for asking at the time. Tell SPL & Hearts Wednesday are our day off & coronation street is on so thanks but no thanks.

If we beat Parick and the Jam Tarts' minds are on the semi (does this read ok?) then we should get 3 points at Tynecastle. A good week's business.

Perhaps we should take a banner wishing them well with their semi.

Schedule says programme starts 21.55.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcalba/programmes/schedules/2014/01/29

Somewhat selfishly, I admit, that suits me just fine......I'm travelling up to Oban that night and can't make my favourite away fixture. The road to Oban is rubbish for MW reception and with it being on Alba I may well find a comely interpreter in the "gateway to the islands" that can translate the commentary.

Now all I have to do is avoid the score, in a "Likely Lads" type way, until 21.55

Edited by WeeBud

Somewhat selfishly, I admit, that suits me just fine......I'm travelling up to Oban that night and can't make my favourite away fixture. The road to Oban is rubbish for MW reception and with it being on Alba I may well find a comely interpreter in the "gateway to the islands" that can translate the commentary.

Now all I have to do is avoid the score, in a "Likely Lads" type way, until 21.55

Give me your mobile number, I promise I wont tell you the score. whistling.gifwink.png

Kind of glad hearts won today as all this talk of 5-0 to us was beginning to look like a disaster waiting to happen. Any time I've seen them they play with great pace and energy. Stevenson wasn't playing today yet they still took 3 points from Dingwall which is no mean feat. Should be a cracking game with me avoiding hearing the score until settling down to watch it on alba. Our inconsistency is killing us so it's hard to say how this will pan out. Maybe at least one new face in the team?