Hearts Vs St Mirren

Scabby Dug

McGowan was injured, Van Zanten went into defence and McGregor played the last 5 minutes up front with Thompson, so in a round about way, it ended up with us having more players up front.

Other teams would have brought on another striker but we ..................................................... don't have anybangin.gif

Just in - awful performance on many levels. Mcgregor, Newton and McGinn played well. Thompson had no chance to shine given the shite balls that were hoofed his way.

Naismith and Kelly are great prospects but we need vanzy and grainger in the absence of cheesy now. I felt they were both lacking in attacking direction today and Naismith was hesitant on his crosses to the point they were easily cut out.

Hearts pressed us well, we didn't get a moment on the ball. But we sat back and allowed them to pass freely. Pretty poor.

We will have to get a defender before Friday. No doubt about that. We need another target man too.

Our beloved club is a complete f**king shambles and something is rotten, stinking to the core. Our fans care deeply about the club but the overall feel I get from the board, the management and the players on the pitch is complete bloody apathy. Why? It's when fans feel like this they are list to clubs forever.

Replace the manager, Keep Thompson, (try and) keep Kello & McGinn, give Dilo, Kelly & Naismith time to progress and get every other player to f**k (I'd keep Campbell but he isn't our player anyway). Rebuild. Install pride. 8 wins since the cup final is utterly pathetic.

Really frustrated about all things St Mirren right now. So many things are wrong at the club and only the fans seem to give a flying f**k.

Awful stuff tonight and hard to give many pass marks, sat back and let then dictate play until we went down to 10 men when we then decided to come out and play a bit...

As others have said feel like Danny's time is up...

Really struggle to understand why we only seemed up for it when we went down to 10 men

That was dire. Hearts are hard working and functional and yet again we couldn't beat them.

I'm getting fed up of watching us find new ways of f*cking things up.

The squad has been pretty shambolic since close season and to hear Danny say that we're talking to that wee sh*te Novo puts the tin lid on things.

£39 to watch that pish tonight.....

Don't think newton played well. Twice he hacked the ball away when there was no one near. Naismith n Kelly look short in confidence. Mcgregor, McGinn and goodwin were best for us tonight. Wylde look good when he came on

I disagree - newton like 100% of the team was crap at passing but he closed down players and won the ball on 3 occasions when Naismith was dithering. If they all got mucked in like him and McGinn we wouldn't have to watch that lackadaisical pish every week

As I have mentioned elsewhere the buck for this should land at the board table

Directors duties include

1) duty to promote the success of the club( including acting fairley as between all shareholders.)

This current board will not spend one penny over their budget at the same time rejecting any investment from any source

2) duty to exercise independent judgement

By forming a cartel their is no indepentent judgement , every move by the board is to protect Douglas stret ltd , the company that owns the 52 per cent

3) duty to avoid conflicts of interest

If your first duty is to Douglas street ltd and not St Mirren then you are in conflict

To summarise they have circled the wagons for the last 4years, no money allowed in, no money going out, reduce the wage bill by releasing seasoned pros , replace with boys, hope we survive

I disagree - newton like 100% of the team was crap at passing but he closed down players and won the ball on 3 occasions when Naismith was dithering. If they all got mucked in like him and McGinn we wouldn't have to watch that lackadaisical pish every week

yes he did but he also lost out on a he'll of a lot of tackles. The boy has a great engine but if he doesn't show more heart and desire, he will never make the step up. I'm not saying he was poor but he certainly wasn't good.

really think the Naismith Kelly experiment is well by its sell bye date ,but this is danny at his best tries something once (it works ) so he thinks that's it .well sorry its time for serious change,vanz and grainger if he isn't pissed off, after being told he isn't needed,just another in a long list of seasoned pros lennon cant handle /get anything out of ,sean and Jason will do well for us but sometimes you just need a couple of weeks on the bench (this is the thing danny struggles with) to recharge the batteries ,in fact when Jason started he was bombing past defenders like they were not there ,now he looks scared to cross the half way line

As I have mentioned elsewhere the buck for this should land at the board table

Directors duties include

1) duty to promote the success of the club( including acting fairley as between all shareholders.)

This current board will not spend one penny over their budget at the same time rejecting any investment from any source

2) duty to exercise independent judgement

By forming a cartel their is no indepentent judgement , every move by the board is to protect Douglas stret ltd , the company that owns the 52 per cent

3) duty to avoid conflicts of interest

If your first duty is to Douglas street ltd and not St Mirren then you are in conflict

To summarise they have circled the wagons for the last 4years, no money allowed in, no money going out, reduce the wage bill by releasing seasoned pros , replace with boys, hope we survive

you forgot the bit about certain members of the board only interested in who is playing centre half,this is a bigger problem than the fact they wont let any investment in to the club ,fans don't really give a toss about what happens behind the scenes ,but more about putting your strongest team on the park,unfortunately danny is more concerned about keeping certain directors on side than playing his strongest team,probablybecause he realises anybody else in any other division with 8 wins in 10 months would NOT have a job,

I thought Newton was pretty poor tonight, if not our worst player. McGinn had a poor night by his usual standards and Campbell whilst on was a ghost so they dominated midfield

Dire stuff and a tough few games ahead, need to do better than tonight that's for sure

Watching Alba here.McGowan has been dreadful,giving the ball away under no pressure.

Never a penalty btw

As a whole team we are mentally very weak. We drop far too many points from winning positions and we seem to gain very little confidence from taking the lead which is very odd. It's almost as if as a whole unit they all expect to lose goals and as was highlighted at Easter Road even with a 3 goal lead confidence was very brittle. We go ahead, cant hold the lead and invariably the opposition equaliser seems to suck the life from us. Opponents seem to sense this and with such a fragile defence we end up falling behind. We also hsve a honking record once we go behind in games this season. Add all this to a squad being ripped apart and you get a very rocky ride of a season which looks like going to the wire. I'm not sure changing the manager with 2 days left of a transfer window is feasible but for all parties a parting of the ways at the end of the season come what may is probably now for the best. The board need to either put up financially or drop their asking price and get out. Yes prudence is wise but if you cant compete financially with the other teams around you (thats how it looks right now) then there is only going to be one outcome. I think its time for Mr Gilmour to put his head above the parapet either give us signings orctell us why not.

Just switched this shite off after the penalty and I'm ragin' .yellow card for Goodwin was shocking and then the penalty? Really? We must not put up with this a minute longer. The club needs to now lodge a formal complaint. We didnt play at all well but the officiating was absolutely unbelievable. I can hardly type I'm so done in. I've seen my fair share of bad decisions against us even with black and White glasses on but come on tonight was beyond anything I've seen for years. In fact it was like playing rangers in the late 70s early eighties. It's a long time since I felt like chucking it due to the blatant cheating and weak minded people in our game

Just switched this shite off after the penalty and I'm ragin' .yellow card for Goodwin was shocking and then the penalty? Really? We must not put up with this a minute longer. The club needs to now lodge a formal complaint. We didnt play at all well but the officiating was absolutely unbelievable. I can hardly type I'm so done in. I've seen my fair share of bad decisions against us even with black and White glasses on but come on tonight was beyond anything I've seen for years. In fact it was like playing rangers in the late 70s early eighties. It's a long time since I felt like chucking it due to the blatant cheating and weak minded people in our game

Who was the ref?