Hearts Vs St Mirren

Scabby Dug

Doesn't matter what "awesome array of talent" any team has - if you let in more than you score you lose the game and we have let in a hell of a lot more than we have scored. We don't score enough and we conceded far too many which is not a good combo. On the few days we do keep a clean sheet invaribably the forwards let us down and we draw 0v0. The whole squad needs a total overhaul. Of the 3 you mention 1 is old and injury prone, one is here reluctantly on loan for as short a time as he can possibly wanggle and the other has just had an operation.

So was it a red card and a penalty last night?

I agree we haevn't been scoring enough goals. But all this bluff that Thommo is tired and being asked to do too much is guff... he had 3-4 gilt edged chances served up on a plate last night and coudn't convert them.... Should someone else get a crack at leading the line?

I don't get why you would want to slag off McLean, Teale and Bahoken..? if fit and available they'd be in any team in the league, and they will be fit again, teale is a worry though.

So was it a red card and a penalty last night?

I agree we haevn't been scoring enough goals. But all this bluff that Thommo is tired and being asked to do too much is guff... he had 3-4 gilt edged chances served up on a plate last night and coudn't convert them.... Should someone else get a crack at leading the line?

I don't get why you would want to slag off McLean, Teale and Bahoken..? if fit and available they'd be in any team in the league, and they will be fit again, teale is a worry though.

Bahoken ........... seriously ???

I wasn't slagging them merely stating facts. McLean is a great prospect but seems to get a 4-8 week injury every season then takes time to get back to form. Teale hasn't kicked a ball this season and at his age that has to be a concern. The main issues are at the back though.

I see the usual suspects are/were queuing up last night and this morning at the 'Incontinence Clinic' soggy Y-fronts and all heaping scorn and calling for DL to get the push....

Pity most hadn't been at the game (self included) or indeed waited to see the highlights which showed Mc Causland being wrongly sent off, and a penalty given that never was. In addition Thommo's nose for goal eluded him as on another day with the service and chances he got last night he would have been on a hat-trick at least.

Thommo got some great balls in the first half and a couple of peaches from Wylde in the second, how he never purposefully connected I don't know? But those were gilt edged chances to win the game, coupled with the post and bar being rattled what was it four times by a variety of saints....

Yes we got beat, although the winning goal shouldn't have been. But the team pushed forward on different fronts a bit like easter road and tore Hearts apart, without the just rewards. With Bahoken, McLean and hopefully Teale to return we have an awesome array of talent going forward... what we lack is a consistent central defence performance. Cheesy ran back and played everyone onside for their goal (penalty doesn't count) then neither he nor anyone else got under the incoming cross....

Dry yir f**king pants!

You could lose every game in season and go through them saying oh if we had took that chance or that shouldn't have been a penalty or the keeper made a good save there... fact is football is a results game. We should be beating a team like hearts this year by 2 or 3 goals

You could lose every game in season and go through them saying oh if we had took that chance or that shouldn't have been a penalty or the keeper made a good save there... fact is football is a results game. We should be beating a team like hearts this year by 2 or 3 goals

We should have... So what would you say to Thommo who was given the chances to poke in but didn't?

Could Danny have made him take those sitters?

We should have... So what would you say to Thommo who was given the chances to poke in but didn't?

Could Danny have made him take those sitters?

I'm not saying sack Danny because we lost one game, it is just the straw that broke the camels back. Only 6 league wins this season and 8 last season is the reason he should go.

I've just watched the highlights and while I know they don't tell the full story I just wonder how our team contrived to lose. Was there contact at the penalty? If there was it must have been minimal but once the ref has given it I suppose he had to show the red card. Was it a dive? As plenty others have said, on another day Thompson would have had a hat-trick. It's a very fine dividing line between losing and winning which will be little comfort if we are deep in the quag come play-off time.

Taking last night's game in isolation, I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of negativity surrounding it.

We're playing away, in front of one of the toughest away crowds, against a team who've just come off their best result of the season.

I know stats don't tell the whole tale, but we have more shots on/off target, double the number of corners, and that's despite playing almost half of the game with 10 men.

We hit the bar at 0-0, had a fantastic chance to go 2-0, and lost the equalising goal in part to a deflected cross that fell perfectly for the Hearts striker.

The winning goal comes from a very very soft penalty.

But even after conceding that and going down to 10, the heads don't drop and we are the better team - indeed we could easily have scored 3.

End result is another defeat, but I just don't get the negativity over what happened on the pitch last night.

I really hope the players don't react to this in the same way as most of the fans have.

Taking last night's game in isolation, I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of negativity surrounding it.

We're playing away, in front of one of the toughest away crowds, against a team who've just come off their best result of the season.

I know stats don't tell the whole tale, but we have more shots on/off target, double the number of corners, and that's despite playing almost half of the game with 10 men.

We hit the bar at 0-0, had a fantastic chance to go 2-0, and lost the equalising goal in part to a deflected cross that fell perfectly for the Hearts striker.

But even after conceding that and going down to 10, the heads don't drop and we are the better team - indeed we could easily have scored 3.

End result is another defeat, but I just don't get the negativity over what happened on the pitch last night.

I really hope the players don't react to this in the same way as most of the fans have.

Agreed but the bigger picture, I'm sure you're aware, paints a bleak outlook.

As for the reaction to last nights game, I'm surprised you're surprised.

Agreed but the bigger picture, I'm sure you're aware, paints a bleak outlook.

As for the reaction to last nights game, I'm surprised you're surprised.

Yup, over the season we've not got anything like the points tally we should have.

The last two Hearts matches sum it up - 1 point out of 6, when we should have had 6.

Just realised that McAusland was instrumental in both games for different reasons. First game his injury led to a bizarre formation change which turned the game in Hearts favour; last night gets a red card and the game winning penalty awarded against him.

Biggest worry is the squad. Very very light, and the possibility of Novo being added to it is enough to make even the happiest of clappers worried.

Watched the game on Alba last night but was too pissed off to post.

The number of duff corners we took was shocking. How can a professional hit a dead ball straight out the park at a corner; fail to even keep it in the park; overhit it to no-one at the opposite corner flag? Thommo is great against any defence but FFS you have got to give him a chance. Do we ever practice deal ball situations?

Besides that we were unlucky and created far more good chances even with 10 men. Thought Newton's passing was either excellent or rank rotten but we often gave the ball away needlessly. Besides Thommo no-one else looked as if they had a hope in hell of scoring and even he had some bad misses. Lost my enthusiasm for the rest of the campaign.

Had forlornly thought there was an outside chance of top six but its back to the usual situation at this time of year.

We should be lobbying the club to appeal, and the compliance officer should as you say be showing consistency towards simulation!

Are you talking about the dive in the first half or the one for the pen?

The on in the first was so bad I think the ref thought it was a stumble, but the Hearts player clearly didn't realise the defender had stopped chasing him.

If the ref had yellowed that, maybe the guy who dived for the penalty wouldn't have?

The dive for the penalty should result in a 2 game ban for Carrick as he conned the ref into giving a penalty, the dive in the first half he never conned the ref as no penalty was given.

In my opinion a precedent was set last season when Isma got a 2 game ban for conning the ref into giving us a penalty against Celtic, consistency has got to be shown.

Christ, just in to that result. Appalling!

If we sign Novo I'll not be back.......................this season anyway. You can't just stop being a Buddie. whistling.gif

Appalling? but it seems you werent at the game

Too many people expected us to roll over hearts just because Stevenson was missing and now the toys are out the pram.

They just skelped Ross county, so what right do we have just to beat them?

Oh dear oh dear, dismal and predictable as the result may have been..................I am advised this was one that slipped away from us rather than our standard ineptitude ?

I will look at the highlights ( sic ) later, but for now, it appears that the usual rants along lines of our fecklessness, our poor attitude and our defensive culpability are not so readilly applicable as recent humblings

That said..............what a pissar of a result sad.png

Jambos , now with back to back wins, I wonder what that feels like

Correct. Stuck to my plan and settled down at 10pm with my cuppa' and mint Kit Kat, blissfully unaware of any scores. Where to start with that pile of shite?....

Why wear the yellow strip again in a fixture with no need to do it? That's three in quick succession - Easter Rd, McDiarmid, Tynecastle.

Why do we throw away so many winning positions and blew a 30 second lead?

Why, when Gary Locke is prowling the touchline encouraging and cajoling a team already doomed, does Danny Lennon sit on his hands for 90 minutes staring straight ahead stony faced like someone has just done a shite in his mince?

Why can't we beat an administration battered Hearts U17 side, minus Stevenson, who made three substitutions to protect players for their cup semi final?

What the fcuk was DVZ for McGowan with a minute of regulation time all about Danny?

Why has the manager of our club made such a rip-roaring cnut of this summer's transfer window, and why has our up-for-sale ring-fence the shares, give us 2 million, tired, out-of-ideas, fed-up BoD allowed this to happen?

Throw Kit Kat wrappers at the TV? I nearly put a fcuking house brick through it.

Now that was funny.

Appalling? but it seems you werent at the game

Too many people expected us to roll over hearts just because Stevenson was missing and now the toys are out the pram.

They just skelped Ross county, so what right do we have just to beat them?

I think the crux of the argument is that it was an extremely difficult one to take. We were at times fluent and had a number of chances to take a point at least from the game even with 10 men. To add to this there were some rather dubious refereeing decisions, which are always difficult to comment on with an inevitably slightly biased view, but Gary Locke agreeing it wasn't a penalty sums up the most controversial decision. There were also a few bright lights like Wylde's crossing when he came on and creation of chances but...

Hearts are a hard working but very ordinary group of young boys. We have now taken/shared 4 points with effectively what would have been their youth team in years gone by. How we conspired to lose the game I will never know, but the sending off was the crucial point. Added to that though Kello had a great save from a header in the first half and then an amazing double save and another in the second half.

In summary it wasn't all horrendous, but the overriding emotion was dejection walking out of Tynecastle last night.

My question really is how can the team be so good when it goes well and albeit with a little help from the referee last night be so poor when it doesn't? The location and opposition had nothing to do with it last night as Hearts were hard working, cute in getting awarded soft free kicks and dubious penalties, but with 11 men each as Lex said at the time we looked as though we'd win...

I don't know if anyone knows why it's good or rubbish, but I understand the emotion if not the sentiment and direction of criticism or venom of others.

Edited by Bart Simpson

A very disappointing result. A win would have seen us go 8th and 1 point behind Hibs and in with an outside chance of top 6. On reflection both teams could have scored 3 or 4 goals each with the amount of shots hitting the woodwork, producing good saves by the keeper and near misses. I don't think we have a divine right to beat Hearts this season but it is worrying how many goals we concede despite having an excellent keeper in Kello. I think the refereeing decisions went against us last night. Nearly all our bookings were soft ones... almost half the team ended up booked and Hearts had almost as many fouls as us with 1 player booked, and the penalty and red card decision was wrong and proved crucial in terms of the final result. I thought we were still in with a chance even with 10 men.

As much as i back Danny Lennon as manager I do find it a bit perverse that when we have had a dodgy defence for the last couple of seasons that so far the only wheeling and dealing in the transfer window has been to offload Mair and Barron and tell Grainger he can find another club too and add wide players and forwards. Potentially 3 defenders could move out the club this window without anyone so far coming in to replace them. Adding options in attack may improve our goals for stats and help us get a few more wins and draws but our glaring deficiency is the goals against column. With only DVZ left as defensive cover (plus Grainger if he stays) there isn't much cover for injuries, suspensions and loss of form.

I see the usual suspects are/were queuing up last night and this morning at the 'Incontinence Clinic' soggy Y-fronts and all heaping scorn and calling for DL to get the push....

Pity most hadn't been at the game (self included) or indeed waited to see the highlights which showed Mc Causland being wrongly sent off, and a penalty given that never was. In addition Thommo's nose for goal eluded him as on another day with the service and chances he got last night he would have been on a hat-trick at least.

Thommo got some great balls in the first half and a couple of peaches from Wylde in the second, how he never purposefully connected I don't know? But those were gilt edged chances to win the game, coupled with the post and bar being rattled what was it four times by a variety of saints....

Yes we got beat, although the winning goal shouldn't have been. But the team pushed forward on different fronts a bit like easter road and tore Hearts apart, without the just rewards. With Bahoken, McLean and hopefully Teale to return we have an awesome array of talent going forward... what we lack is a consistent central defence performance. Cheesy ran back and played everyone onside for their goal (penalty doesn't count) then neither he nor anyone else got under the incoming cross....

Dry yir f**king pants!

Was at the game saw that we were unlucky but it's no use. We don't win often enough and that's a fact. How many home wins since the cup final? Enough said

A very disappointing result. A win would have seen us go 8th and 1 point behind Hibs and in with an outside chance of top 6. On reflection both teams could have scored 3 or 4 goals each with the amount of shots hitting the woodwork, producing good saves by the keeper and near misses. I don't think we have a divine right to beat Hearts this season but it is worrying how many goals we concede despite having an excellent keeper in Kello. I think the refereeing decisions went against us last night. Nearly all our bookings were soft ones... almost half the team ended up booked and Hearts had almost as many fouls as us with 1 player booked, and the penalty and red card decision was wrong and proved crucial in terms of the final result. I thought we were still in with a chance even with 10 men.

As much as i back Danny Lennon as manager I do find it a bit perverse that when we have had a dodgy defence for the last couple of seasons that so far the only wheeling and dealing in the transfer window has been to offload Mair and Barron and tell Grainger he can find another club too and add wide players and forwards. Potentially 3 defenders could move out the club this window without anyone so far coming in to replace them. Adding options in attack may improve our goals for stats and help us get a few more wins and draws but our glaring deficiency is the goals against column. With only DVZ left as defensive cover (plus Grainger if he stays) there isn't much cover for injuries, suspensions and loss of form.

How can you back him still? Just a question not wanting an argument

What crap we were playing hearts u20s plus two or three hardened pros. They have taken 20points this season to our 24 so tell me who is making progress. This is the same hearts that killie beat 4-0 and thistle 3-0 so I'm sorry but your simply taking shit to suggest it was a tough venue. It was against a team without there best player and against a team we had to beat. It's bollocks we have so many just happy to see Danny take us to the playoff. So many with unwavering support. Our next fixtures include celtic away twice, Aberdeen home and county away . I'm sorry his record suggests we will be right in it come april

Edited by norrie82

How can you back him still? Just a question not wanting an argument

My backing will run out if we don't add defensive options and only strengthen in midfield and attack and then we have suspensions, injuries and loss of form in defence and no good options to change things. If the suspensions etc happen and young guys like Naismith and Kelly come in and do a job for a few games then I'd just about give DL the benefit of the doubt.

I was happy enough to move on 3 defenders who weren't featuring on the basis that some of the money saved on their wages would go into strengthening an obvious weak area of the team. At the minute the dealings in this window do look a bit reckless in ignoring any attempt to solve our problems at the back. At least with midfield and attack you do fancy that once McLean and Teale return we will have plenty of options going forward (even before adding Wylde, Campbell,Magennis) but at the back Grainger could be gone and isn't in great form if he stays put and DVZ hasn't looked dependable in defence this season. Failing to add cover and competition and reducing our options is beginning to look like a gamble which could easily blow up in DL's face at a time when there is not a lot of leeway to avoid the play-off.

The defence is an shambles. If it is not addressed then goodness help us. Sorry all cheesy and mcgregor lovers but this partnership doesn't work. Add in Naismith and Kelly and it's hardly a good back line. The young lads need to be blooded but not play every game that's simply ridiculous management again. I honestly think our run of fixtures will see us drop into the playoff