World Class Event Starts Up The Braes...

bluto

Traffic wardens will be busy then.

Can just picture the crime lord figure sitting in his 'pimped' castlemilk tenement flat, surrounded by his wee ned-winged-monkey henchmen....

He takes a long drag on his Superking. Releases a long steady puff.

CRIME LORD: a hunner classic motors in Paisley? here's a tenner that'll cover six wan way bus tickets for ye.

Went along to see the drive off as a mate was taking part in his Mini Cooper as far as Dumfries. It's not the real Monte Carlo Rally but the classic car version. Great event though, the cars were magic and loads of school weans were brought along, they seemed to really enjoy seeing the cars too. Strange choice of time and date, 6pm on a Thursday evening, but still attracted a decent crowd.

The reason it was in Paisley was we stepped into help out apparently. They couldn't get permission from Glasgow for the crowds and cars.

TBH, Abbey close was a perfect start for it I felt, great backdrop and the cars could easily line up in front of the abbey and round the corner in order to get a look before hand. Got a bit busy in Abbey Close itself and could have done with an embankment on the grass next to the cart facing the abbey but the crowds lined the start of the race and were in good spirits on a cold night (well done to the guys in the 80's BMW convertable with the roof down). The drivers were chatting with the crowd etc before hand with a couple of laughs coming from a push start and a nice tap on a headlight to get it back working.

My son enjoyed it and I thought it was another good event in the town centre - well done for organising it, events like that are a pleasant distraction for a week day night.

I had a wee wander down to Bridge St last night and was pleasantly surprised to see such a good turnout.

A lovely selection of cars to see,brought back memories.I only stayed about 20 mins as the 10 to 1 countdown for the cars to set off was doing my head in.

A beautiful set off point,well done to the Cooncil for making it possible.