Centre Half Please!

In your opinion.

In case you've not noticed we are not Man Utd.

Can't have it both ways, a stable club or do you want us to be up to our balls in debt?

Oh am realist in on the size of our club and debt free a would rather be. What am saying is why are we strengthening our forward line where we have number options rather than bringing in a centre half which we badly need. In my opinion the wage would be better spent bringing in a centre half

I'm not saying our new signing will be a poor signing and hope like any player we sign is a massive hit and will get my 100% support but we have a problem defensively and are leaking goals and not keeping many clean sheets.

That needs to be fixed and fixed now

This why I'd like a centre half.

Same thing 3 times in the past month resulting in goals.

attachicon.gifkillie1.jpgattachicon.gifkillie2.jpgattachicon.gifkillie3.jpg

attachicon.gifst j1.jpgattachicon.gifst j2.jpgattachicon.gifst j3.jpg

attachicon.gifHearts1.jpgattachicon.gifHearts2.jpgattachicon.gifHearts3.jpg

You really have got an agenda havent you ? You have gone to all the bother of collecting those stills & adding note ?!?! FFS ,Did cheesy run over your cat or something ?

1. Killie game,yes cheesy did stand off the attacker, but Kelly was the nearest defender who in Pic 2 seems to have backed further away.

2. Lost him by yards ? are you serious ? He was Mcgregors man , Darren was outjumped.... but thats cheesys fault ?

3.Watch the beeb highlights, Paterson ran off Young Naismith who didnt follow which left McAusland with two in front of him .

Four defenders between them cost three goals, your witch hunt of one player is way wide of the mark. We have four very average defenders, who ALL make mistakes, kelly & naismith have the excuse of youth & inexperience. McGregor & McAusland make as many mistakes as each other & as many as most other SPFL defenders.

The problem with the defence as a whole, especially McAusland but not exclusively, is that for most of the match, they look decent, but are prone to making stupid mistakes which I believe are down to lack of concentration. Defence should be one of the easiest parts of the team to get right - you don't need outstandingly gifted footballers, good organisation and concentration should be enough to make us pretty solid. Teams like ICT and St Johnstone look much more solid than us, and I wouldn't say either of them have better defenders than us, they just look better organised. That starts on the training ground, though having said that a new decent centre half, who has a higher level of concentration than a 4 year old with ADHD, would help.

If you watch the bbc highlights online, take a look at the Hearts chance after the first goal; a header from Paterson that is tipped over the bar.

McGregor in no mans land at the first flick on, then doesn't track back and can't get near to the ball to defend Paterson correctly.

His positioning is poor, and it's been so frequently this season. But surely this is something that can be coached? It would be much worse if McGregor didn't have pace, gets him out of jail frequently.

Guys we've got to calm down.

Talk about a threadbare squad is frankly embarrassing.

We have WAY more than enough players at the moment even after the recent culls.

Those players are already good enough or they should also be punted.

What we don't need is panic buying.

Oaksoft you'll still be saying this when were relegated. Playoff is a real proposition now with our limited squad. No back up in defence? It's been a shit season really shit but you still think it's ok?

I do find it funny that McGregor almost gets a free pass compared to McAusland, when they are just as bad as each other.

One playing with a superior defender would be alright, but together they both have their flaws, that are often easily exploited.

Our defense is general is the weakest part of our team. No one is a standout, no one dominates the opposition, and mainly no one is able to hold the defence together

Oh am realist in on the size of our club and debt free a would rather be. What am saying is why are we strengthening our forward line where we have number options rather than bringing in a centre half which we badly need. In my opinion the wage would be better spent bringing in a centre half

I'm not saying our new signing will be a poor signing and hope like any player we sign is a massive hit and will get my 100% support but we have a problem defensively and are leaking goals and not keeping many clean sheets.

That needs to be fixed and fixed now

I agree we need a decent defender, and have posted such before, although it looks as if you don't post the same post in the same context a million times then you are not a caring supporter.

The window is still open, the repetitive "we need this" and " we need that" is, well, repetitive.

IF we don't sign a decent commanding defender the I will see it as a mistake.

If we do sign a defender that has not played for Barcelona, I'll not be moaning and greeting.

I won't be posting this view again and again and again, and I will get on with supporting the team.

Edited by faraway saint

I do find it funny that McGregor almost gets a free pass compared to McAusland, when they are just as bad as each other.

One playing with a superior defender would be alright, but together they both have their flaws, that are often easily exploited.

Our defense is general is the weakest part of our team. No one is a standout, no one dominates the opposition, and mainly no one is able to hold the defence together

Agreed.

I was discussing this last Friday with someone who seemed quite bemused when I thought that McGregors positional play is poor and seems to be unaware of what's going on with his own defenders or the opposition.

Agreed.

I was discussing this last Friday with someone who seemed quite bemused when I thought that McGregors positional play is poor and seems to be unaware of what's going on with his own defenders or the opposition.

Unusual, you don't normally do discussions.whistling.gif

A few seemed to like the post I made earlier on this topic, and if you note I don't actually single McAusland out as being the sole culprit I just feel that between the two, McGregor has more football in him that Marc and if we had a good commanding CH in the club then either or indeed both could benefit from that.

I do see issues in both players, but as said, in my opinion McGregor still shows more potential.

For the life of me I can't see why we ditched Lee Mair unless we had someone lined up. All it would need is one or other to be injured then you are looking at Goodwin, stepping back, or Kelly / Naismith stepping into the middle.thumbdown.gif

As I write this there are 14 hours and 35 minutes to find that elusive CH, OR we then dredge around the cast-offs for someone as a stand in - right now I feel slightly on edge that the last minute fix may be too late!

Today's a huge day for Danny Lennon and the football club. He's let three experienced defenders go in the last fortnight without replacing them.

He needs to get that sorted and get that right in the next few hours.

If he gets it wrong he will certainly be out a job and we could end up in the Championship.

Over to you Danny...

From BBC

1. 1107:

St Mirren remain hopeful of adding to their squad though their principal targets are out of contract, meaning they're not tied to the 11pm transfer deadline...

Hope that little shìthouse novo does not come to st mirren, if he does then it will confirm that danny 'whitnatno' lennon has to go in may

Edited by murray street