Danny Grainger Shown The Door

So would I mate but I doubt his wage would fall into the squad player category, same applies to Lee Mair and Gary Harkins.

It's good to have competition but we can't really afford to have big earners who don't play.

So we have the alternative, a worse squad size than a Hearts team that are banned from signing players.

I thought Grainger was a solid enough signing, though I did have a niggling concern that he had been very clear that his wish was to get a gig dahn saaf. For that reason alone, I'm glad that Kelly has commanded the left back slot. Grainger will just need to accept that, but if he is willing to walk away without a pay-off, fair enough, though the timing is far from ideal.

We have a paper-thin squad now, and anyone who isn't a little bit alarmed by this must have his head in the sand.

Back to Grainger briefly, all this latest development (again, if true) does, is highlight that is was the wrong decision not to keep Carey at the club. It is all ifs and buts, granted, but at least we would have had a known quantity, and someone who could do a decent job at LB.

Don't see the point in shelling out for Grainger just to spend 15 minutes lobbing balls at the crossbar every other week.

Agreed he did seem like a decent signing at the time, but it just hasn't worked out that way.

He's not likely to challenge for a regular place in the team, and we simply can't afford to have a back up for every position in the team.

Well, who do you want to blame?

Do you think 6 failures out of 7 is good enough?

Who knows FFS. It could be almost anything.

Without being an insider at the club none of us knows for sure.

It's you typically leaping to conclusions about the "only possible reason being Danny" which is the problem here.

I'd keep him until the end of the season. We are paper thin and our sub's bench is full of untried youngsters and guys like Reilly who I fear isn't up to standard.

Strange about Reilly as obviously Danny doesnt rate him either having loanees in like Bahoken and Campbell and now Mcginnis all in ahead of him. Best let the lad go elsewhere.

I questioned him on it and he ain't a happy chappy, now got umpteen bloody Jambo fans tweeting me , scumbags attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1391120457.880979.jpg

To be fair it was probably a wee bit uncalled for. He's just talking about football on twitter, Gregg Wylde was talking about the Aberdeen game earlier on, Josh Magennis mentioned their semi-final on Sportsound as well, you going to have a go at them?