Danny Grainger Shown The Door

I never saw any mention of the manager in Graingers tweets.

I'm pretty sure Carey's contract expired, hardly "pushed out".

I agree the problem with Harkins was down to the manager. Atrociously judged . I said it was a terrible signing before the deal was complete and it has turned out that way.

I'm willing to bet he signed Bahoken withiut ever seeing him play. Terrible signing.

Oh well Its all in my head then. Grainger's tweet was obviously NOT aimed at anyone in management and he clearly has an issue with someone at a pie stall. Damn those buggers in the pie stall!

I was also mistaken when Dan the manager man's assistant manager man stopped a team bus and got off after a fall out with Dan the manager man. Was it Iain Jenkins he was called?

I got completely the wrong end of the stick when Dougie Imrie left the club as he cannot have had any issue or anything to moan about or why else would John McGinn exist!

When Gareth Wardlaw said he had been promised a contract by wee Dan the manager man only to left up shit creek and outside a brew office I got that wrong as well as the fact that Kenny McLean plays for us makes this impossible.

I was also wrong when John Potter claimed to have had a contract offer swiped off the table by wee Dan and on that one and I don't care as I did think that John Potter was pish.

The point is so simple, it is happening with too much regularity. These people who have reportedly had issues with wee Dan are statistically unlikely to all be bellends. This is bad for our club!

*Or statistically unlikely to all be Maximillions

Edited by TediousTom

Why can't you just answer my questions about you posting what you feel the situation is while having a go at other people for doing exactly the same thing? Unless of course I have you all wrong and you either work for St. Mirren or are related to/in a friendship with/in a relationship with someone who does and therefore you are "privy" to information that the rest of us are not. If you are "privy" to such information then I would think that you wouldn't admit this and ruin your chances of being "privy" to such information in the future. Personally I think you're not "privy" to any information and you just post what you think to be the situation just like a lot of others do but you don't want it pointed out to you.

Sticking in a wee dig at someone at the end of the post just makes you look like incapable of answering a perfectly reasonable question and also an alias - perhaps you are indeed Faraway Saint or Shull or Oaksoft or a combination of all three or two of them.

I just do not wish to address you today. You are always close to my ignore list anyway and I have no motivation that drives me to wish to communicate with you.

Oh and I think you are being a right highly strung maximillion!

What evidence is there tht Grainger had an issue with him? Didn't Carey's contract expire?

Carey asked to leave in January before he left in the summer, he disliked Danny as do quite a lot of the players and ex players. Hugh Murray won't return to st.mirren park while Lennon is in charge. The guy is a clown.

Why are so many players wanting to leave and saying things like "it's night and day at my new club" "I'm just looking forward to being happy again"

What on earth is going on down there to make so many people unhappy to play for st mirren??

They aren't getting games. Tends to make players unhappy.

Players getting games aren't leaving.

Can't understand all these swipes at our manager re players being offloaded. Those who have left have either been of a low quality or have an attitude problem, sometimes you just have to put your hand up and admit some players are not good enough. Danny has made quite a few errors re players he has signed, which manager hasn't? I agree we are short in numbers and hope some better players can be brought in ASAP, nut please not just players to fill jerseys.

Can't understand all these swipes at our manager re players being offloaded. Those who have left have either been of a low quality or have an attitude problem, sometimes you just have to put your hand up and admit some players are not good enough. Danny has made quite a few errors re players he has signed, which manager hasn't? I agree we are short in numbers and hope some better players can be brought in ASAP, nut please not just players to fill jerseys.

It's the amount of players being offloaded though, guys he signed so he has to take the flack for this surely!

Massive mountain out of a molehill and the sheep can't help themselves following with some of the funniest posts since the "Nacho Novo" thread.

Why are so many players wanting to leave and saying things like "it's night and day at my new club" "I'm just looking forward to being happy again"

What on earth is going on down there to make so many people unhappy to play for st mirren??

Maybe it's because the players in question had an attitude that they should be playing in every game but found out that they were being kept out of the squad by 19 & 20 year old boys who quite frankly were playing better than the players that left.

Never gave the guy a chance. Bad move now we are reliant on the youngsters.

You can't expect a player out for a year to come in and perform straight away. 5-10 games in a row and we would have seen the best of him. Problem was straight after his red at hibs lot of our fans got on his back.

5-10 games?

He started the first 7 games and since his suspension he has been kept out the team and out performed by a youth player.

Maybe it's because the players in question had an attitude that they should be playing in every game but found out that they were being kept out of the squad by 19 & 20 year old boys who quite frankly were playing better than the players that left.

Or a manager who would be better as a youth coach cause he can't handle senior players.

The youngsters are great prospects but the way to develop them is not playing them 30+ games in their debut season

Leads me to think it's not Danny's entire decision. No way he'd want us to get rid of all our defenders with nothing coming in to replace them. Unless he's a closet Morton fan

Massive mountain out of a molehill and the sheep can't help themselves following with some of the funniest posts since the "Nacho Novo" thread.

Lennon hasnt made a signing of quuality yet had it not been for TCs contacts at newcastle we would be cupless and fighting to get in to the promotion battle with dundee and falkirk cos we are a 2nd class side

Lennon hasnt made a signing of quuality yet had it not been for TCs contacts at newcastle we would be cupless and fighting to get in to the promotion battle with dundee and falkirk cos we are a 2nd class side

Samson, Dilo, Kello, Tesselaar, Travner, Dummet, McGregor, Goodwin, McGowan (x3), Teale, Newton, Hasselbaink, Goncalves, Thompson have all been decent signings at our level while McLean, McGinn, Kelly and Naismith have come through the youth set up under DL.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Aye, the old "if it wasn't for Gretna, Dunfermline blah blah blah" shit. What a weak and utter shit point.

Fact is this manager has taken us to our highest league position EVER in the SPL, won the League cup and is operating under a bard who seem to be invisible in many aspects.

No, things aren't great right now but the behaviour of some "supporters" really takes the biscuit.

Moronic statements, no idea what the fcuk they are talking about and just repeating the same old post time after time after time.

Sad but true.

Aye, the old "if it wasn't for Gretna, Dunfermline blah blah blah" shit. What a weak and utter shit point.

Fact is this manager has taken us to our highest league position EVER in the SPL, won the League cup and is operating under a bard who seem to be invisible in many aspects.

No, things aren't great right now but the behaviour of some "supporters" really takes the biscuit.

Moronic statements, no idea what the fcuk they are talking about and just repeating the same old post time after time after time.

Sad but true.

Well Daniel:

Thy Boss is watching as ye fail,

And support for ye expired

Now is the time for a sting in thy tail,

And show why ye shouldn't be fired

With a few hours to go of the transfer window here is how we compare with other SPL clubs in terms of the number of players coming and going in the January transfer window:

Aberdeen: 3 in, 10 out [-7 players]

Celtic: 3 in, 8 out [-5 players]

Dundee United: 2 in, 5 out [-3 players]

Hearts: 1 in, 2 out [-1 player]

Hibs 3 in, 3 out [no change]

ICT: 1 in, 2 out [-1 player]

Killie: 3 in, 9 out [-6 players]

Motherwell: 2 in, 3 out [-1 player]

Partick: 6 in, 5 out [+1 player]

Ross County: 8 in, 4 out [+4 players]

St Johnstone: 6 in, 5 out [+1 player]

St Mirren: 3 in, 4 out (Cornell and Dillon left in December) [-1 player]

The trend among SPL clubs seems to be to reduce their squad size in the January window, partly by loaning out young players and fringe players. Almost half the league has released more of their squad than we have (Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Killie, Partick, and St Johnstone) and Ross County have released the same number. Only two teams have increased the size of their squad (Partick and Ross County).

With a few hours to go of the transfer window here is how we compare with other SPL clubs in terms of the number of players coming and going in the January transfer window:

The trend among SPL clubs seems to be to reduce their squad size in the January window, partly by loaning out young players and fringe players. Almost half the league has released more of their squad than we have (Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Killie, Partick, and St Johnstone) and Ross County have released the same number. Only two teams have increased the size of their squad (Partick and Ross County).

Thanks for checking this out, exactly as I thought.

The focus on our situation, portrayed as a shocking display by the manager, and manager alone, really shows how some peoples attempts to continually have a cheap shot at the manager are hilarious.

Suppose keeps them happy, although I doubt "happy" is a word that exists in their lives.

5-10 games?

He started the first 7 games and since his suspension he has been kept out the team and out performed by a youth player.

Good riddance to the lad. He was a wage thief that barely tried a leg when asked to perform for the team. A young 18 year old untried left back has outshone him in his every performance. I didn't rate him in any game he played. A seasoned professional like Grainger should have delivered so much more in his 6 months at the club and to drop 2 levels tells you everything (also we have probably helped fund his time in the lower league with yet another pay off)..

I do think it is extremely worrying how we have seen so many player's having their contracts terminated early in very recent times ie Guy, Robertson, Imrie, Mair, Grainger to name a few. This must surely be costing the club a fair amount of money. I have never known so many in all my years watching St Mirren. Maybe it's the modern but what a waste of money.

Partick and ross county.? The teams actually wanting to survive

I miss Daniel Grainger already, I also miss Gary Harkins, Gary Harkins and Jake Caprice. Stephane Bahoken returning was a wee bonus and I also miss Gary Harkins and Dan McGarry and Gary Harkins.

We play with what we have, no new players for us today. Like the child who got no new toys on Christmas day we sit with our faces tripping us as we face up to the acceptance that life for us will maybe not be as good as had dared hope. We must fend off the threat on the play offs all the time nervously hoping that injuries and suspensions do not afflict us. Our season ticket money obviously loses value quicker than that spent in towns such as Ayrshire and Glasgow's swanky but blighted with Maryhillness West End or indeed the highland town of Dingwall.

Fellow relegation strugglers may enter the transfer market in desperate attempts to improve and survive but alas our club face the challenge with a team that has only won 10 football matches in ten months. Maybe if Shull bought more pies then that elusive re-incarnation on Norrie McWhirter could have been signed, maybe if Faraway actually went to games and spent money on tickets then that elusive but budget Chris Innes type would be stood in Ferguslie just now pledging money bought allegiances to the Paisley footballing cause.

If only fellow forum user's, if only!