Danny Grainger Shown The Door

what would Lennons position be should we fail to win tonight (and I dont mean even a draw)? Given that Saturday is a certain defeat - and possibly by a big margin again - it must leave Lennon in a very precarious position. I assume he is to be given til the seasons end, regardless of the final outcome, but think it would be best all round if he left presently.Any signings should be taken with a pinch of salt, and will likely be realeased by the end of the season, as is the normal with his acquisitions.

what would Lennons position be should we fail to win tonight (and I dont mean even a draw)? Given that Saturday is a certain defeat - and possibly by a big margin again - it must leave Lennon in a very precarious position. I assume he is to be given til the seasons end, regardless of the final outcome, but think it would be best all round if he left presently.Any signings should be taken with a pinch of salt, and will likely be realeased by the end of the season, as is the normal with his acquisitions.

You're giving the Manager a hard time but at least he knows when the games are to be played.

FROGGIE OUT.

Blame? No need to blame anybody.

manager made a decison, player didn't work out, majority agreed a time, no blame required.

I know this is hard for you but the "blame" culture is frowned upon nowdays. Posted Image

So no one should be held to account at all?

So no one should be held to account at all?

So, you feel every post should be answered with another question?

That's the kind of smokescreen i get from college pupils.

You know exactly what I'm saying, but just in case, everybody makes mistakes, I just don't need to post it a million times to try to get a point over.

Grow up.

So, you feel every post should be answered with another question?

That's the kind of smokescreen i get from college pupils.

You know exactly what I'm saying, but just in case, everybody makes mistakes, I just don't need to post it a million times to try to get a point over.

Grow up.

I have no idea what you're saying, you seem to have got yourself in a bit of a muddle again. Relax, it's only football.

Whilst we are removing them from the wage bill, we will no doubt be forking out some sort of cash for them.

Mair is likely to be on a reduced wage at Partick, and we no doubt paid the difference for him to leave.

Barron was under contract and would have likely have got a pay off.

If Grainger goes I suspect it will be a similar deal to either of the above, depending if he finds a club or not.

So whilst yes we will have freed up some cash, we will be taking a hit at the same time I think. Let's be honest, if players have a contract to pay them X amount until X amount of time, they are not going to settle for less. Why would they? I wouldn't.

I expect one further signing as a result of the three of the above leaving.

My only concern over Grainger's signing is what kind of wage was he on after previously having contracts at Gretna and Hearts, and with him being one of the earlier signings. Here's hoping he wasn't a high earner.

If the press are putting the rumour out today that Grainger is free to find another club then I'd guess the player will have been told before this and maybe it is his agent who has put the news out there to try and drum up interest.

Certainly hasn't actually left the club according to the player himself, as I asked him on Twitter about an hour ago.

That's not to say he hasn't been told he can go. He hasn't responded to a couple of folk who have asked him that and to be fair he's probably wise not to.

Doesn't surprise me. His 'performances' at home to Celtic and at McDiarmid Park were an absolute disgrace.

Another one of Danny's summer disasters on the way out.

Absolutely I thought he'd be a good signing. He has played hundreds of games at this level.

Sadly, he's been yet another dud. 6 out of 7.

Danny's fault or Grainers lackluss performances.

I thought Grainger was a solid enough signing, though I did have a niggling concern that he had been very clear that his wish was to get a gig dahn saaf. For that reason alone, I'm glad that Kelly has commanded the left back slot. Grainger will just need to accept that, but if he is willing to walk away without a pay-off, fair enough, though the timing is far from ideal.

We have a paper-thin squad now, and anyone who isn't a little bit alarmed by this must have his head in the sand.

Back to Grainger briefly, all this latest development (again, if true) does, is highlight that is was the wrong decision not to keep Carey at the club. It is all ifs and buts, granted, but at least we would have had a known quantity, and someone who could do a decent job at LB.

I doubt he would agree to leave on a free considering he was out in the wilderness prior to signing for us.

I thought when he signed that he was a great addition to the squad though sadly doesnt look like he has retained the form he had prior to injury.

Agreed, when he signed I was quite happy with that but of business. It's not work out and he can leave if another club wants him. My guess no club would and he'll be with us until his contract is up at the end of the season.

Don't think Grainger was half as bad as most of our fans made out, I'd have been happy for him to stay on as a squad player and think his best days for us weren't too far away. Just my opinion mind and happy to be shot down.

Another poster summed it up though, Carey should NEVER have been allowed to leave.

Don't think Grainger was half as bad as most of our fans made out, I'd have been happy for him to stay on as a squad player and think his best days for us weren't too far away. Just my opinion mind and happy to be shot down.

Another poster summed it up though, Carey should NEVER have been allowed to leave.

There are lots of players that shouldn't have been released without suitable replacements in place.

, I'd have been happy for him to stay on as a squad player

So would I mate but I doubt his wage would fall into the squad player category, same applies to Lee Mair and Gary Harkins.

It's good to have competition but we can't really afford to have big earners who don't play.

So would I mate but I doubt his wage would fall into the squad player category, same applies to Lee Mair and Gary Harkins.

It's good to have competition but we can't really afford to have big earners who don't play.

Which is why it's correct in some situations to offload players before signing new ones , just to ensure the wage has actually been freed up.

Bringing in players in 'the hope' your going to offload players can have financial implications should it not quite work out.