Danny Grainger Shown The Door

What a shambles!!! Even by St Mirren standards!!! Incredible we are releasing so many players at this time of the season and we have a manager who must by now realise he has no chance of his contract being renewed at the end of the season. Do not see him surviving till then tho...he has surely got to go now or are they waiting for a thumping at Parkhead first!!! Only a hopeless Thistle team can save us from the play offs now.

Don't think Thistle will be that poor mate they have signed a few that look like decent players ,we are going to get left behind with Hearts only hope we may have is that Hearts don't keep picking up points .

The blame firmly lies with Grainger on this one. The general consensus was that it was a good signing, even Hearts fans said he would be a good addition. The fact that it didn't work out is on Grainger, this is one of the few signings were Danny made what should have been a decent signing based on Graingers previous exploits and the player simply failed to deliver. I'm afraid this one is one the player more than the manager.

Grainger's Twitter;

"I'd like to wish 95% of the people at St Mirren all the best, there's a few people that I'm not bothered about seeing the back of."

Totally unprofessional comments for a guy that was dreadful for us and now heading to League One.

Terrible attitude from someone going to 3rd tier of Scottish football.

The blame firmly lies with Grainger on this one. The general consensus was that it was a good signing, even Hearts fans said he would be a good addition. The fact that it didn't work out is on Grainger, this is one of the few signings were Danny made what should have been a decent signing based on Graingers previous exploits and the player simply failed to deliver. I'm afraid this one is one the player more than the manager.

When he signed for us he was just over a serious injury and didn't have any sort of pre season under his belt.

The management would of known this before he signed.

He needed a run of 10-15 games to get his confidence,fitness and form back. Sadly for him Kelly was keeping him out the team

It just didn't work out .

Don't think that anyone outside the club can really say such a thing with any authority.

Danny Grainger came with a good reputation, seemed to dislike wee Dan the manager man and left.

Gary Harkins came with a good reputation, seemed to dislike wee Dan the manager man and left on loan.

Lee Mair was a perfectly decent centre half and a popular member of the squad. Wee Dan the manager man would appear to have had some sort of problem with Lee Mair and Lee Mair was pushed out of the door.

Stephane Bahoken was lauded by Dan the manager man as a talent. An issue clearly arose as Bahoken went awol, announced as gone by our club before being forced back by his parent club and now loiters in our squad...apparently happily!!!!

Graham Carey was a bloody popular player with a cracking left foot. He was pushed out by Dan the manager man as apparently Carey had an attitude problem and he now ply's his trade in Dingwall, apparently happily.

I could go on and if you make a list of all of Dan the manager mans signings you will find that an awful lot have left after having some sort of "issue" with our manager. Something is badly wrong in all of this as even Faraway Saint doesn't fall out with such a high percentage of people.

To balance things up, if Danny Lennon was that bad then Paul McGowan wouldn't have signed again would he?

Conor Newton wouldn't have come back would he? And he wouldn't have recommended the club to Adam Campbell surely?

And Steven Thompson appears to love it here and has had the best spell of his career, being more prolific than he's ever been despite getting on in age.

To balance things up, if Danny Lennon was that bad then Paul McGowan wouldn't have signed again would he?

Conor Newton wouldn't have come back would he? And he wouldn't have recommended the club to Adam Campbell surely?

And Steven Thompson appears to love it here and has had the best spell of his career, being more prolific than he's ever been despite getting on in age.

Somebody's hacked your account. thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Don't think that anyone outside the club can really say such a thing with any authority.

Danny Grainger came with a good reputation, seemed to dislike wee Dan the manager man and left.

Gary Harkins came with a good reputation, seemed to dislike wee Dan the manager man and left on loan.

Lee Mair was a perfectly decent centre half and a popular member of the squad. Wee Dan the manager man would appear to have had some sort of problem with Lee Mair and Lee Mair was pushed out of the door.

Stephane Bahoken was lauded by Dan the manager man as a talent. An issue clearly arose as Bahoken went awol, announced as gone by our club before being forced back by his parent club and now loiters in our squad...apparently happily!!!!

Graham Carey was a bloody popular player with a cracking left foot. He was pushed out by Dan the manager man as apparently Carey had an attitude problem and he now ply's his trade in Dingwall, apparently happily.

I could go on and if you make a list of all of Dan the manager mans signings you will find that an awful lot have left after having some sort of "issue" with our manager. Something is badly wrong in all of this as even Faraway Saint doesn't fall out with such a high percentage of people.

What evidence is there tht Grainger had an issue with him? Didn't Carey's contract expire?

That is only two people. The fact that you are actually trying to "balance things up" indicates a very real problem. We should not, under any circumstances have this almost constant stream of disgruntled players leaving. It is easy to scoff at such instances but they keep happening and in the small circles of professional football this has to be damaging our reputation and may well (if not already) cost us signings.

If I were looking for employment and the boss of a local business kept losing staff who all had something to moan about then I would maybe think twice about taking that job. Decent players will always have options and with wee Dan the manager man constantly falling out with people then that cannot be good for the fortunes of our wonderful club.

What evidence is there tht Grainger had an issue with him? Didn't Carey's contract expire?

Ah picking over the minutia of a simple and straightforward point.

Mr Grainger's twitter account (that you will have read about it in this very thread)

Mr Carey was not offered a new contract with mutterings about "his attitude" abound. It really was not that long ago my forum chum.

Ah picking over the minutia of a simple and straightforward point.

Mr Grainger's twitter account (that you will have read about it in this very thread)

Mr Carey was not offered a new contract with mutterings about "his attitude" abound. It really was not that long ago my forum chum.

I never saw any mention of the manager in Graingers tweets.

I'm pretty sure Carey's contract expired, hardly "pushed out".

I agree the problem with Harkins was down to the manager. Atrociously judged . I said it was a terrible signing before the deal was complete and it has turned out that way.

I'm willing to bet he signed Bahoken withiut ever seeing him play. Terrible signing.