Danny Grainger Shown The Door

I miss Daniel Grainger already, I also miss Gary Harkins, Gary Harkins and Jake Caprice. Stephane Bahoken returning was a wee bonus and I also miss Gary Harkins and Dan McGarry and Gary Harkins.

We play with what we have, no new players for us today. Like the child who got no new toys on Christmas day we sit with our faces tripping us as we face up to the acceptance that life for us will maybe not be as good as had dared hope. We must fend off the threat on the play offs all the time nervously hoping that injuries and suspensions do not afflict us. Our season ticket money obviously loses value quicker than that spent in towns such as Ayrshire and Glasgow's swanky but blighted with Maryhillness West End or indeed the highland town of Dingwall.

Fellow relegation strugglers may enter the transfer market in desperate attempts to improve and survive but alas our club face the challenge with a team that has only won 10 football matches in ten months. Maybe if Shull bought more pies then that elusive re-incarnation on Norrie McWhirter could have been signed, maybe if Faraway actually went to games and spent money on tickets then that elusive but budget Chris Innes type would be stood in Ferguslie just now pledging money bought allegiances to the Paisley footballing cause.

If only fellow forum user's, if only!

Oh Tom, you are funny. tongue.png

Mostly shite, but still amusing shite. wink.png

Grainger will not be missed, he came in as an experienced left back with a decent track record but failed big time. He looked as if he was here to earn his wage without any real application or commitment to the cause. I take no pleasure in saying that he was a wage thief who has now found his level in league one.

Not once in all of his 6 month stint with us, did he say anything positive about our club but he was very quick to praise his former team the rats of Midlothian at every opportunity on twitter.

Edited by class of 76-77

Aye, the old "if it wasn't for Gretna, Dunfermline blah blah blah" shit. What a weak and utter shit point.

Fact is this manager has taken us to our highest league position EVER in the SPL, won the League cup and is operating under a bard who seem to be invisible in many aspects.

No, things aren't great right now but the behaviour of some "supporters" really takes the biscuit.

Moronic statements, no idea what the fcuk they are talking about and just repeating the same old post time after time after time.

Sad but true.

Lay off William Shakespeare, there's only one guy producing tragedies in Paisley these days - Danny Lennon!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Or a manager who would be better as a youth coach cause he can't handle senior players.

The youngsters are great prospects but the way to develop them is not playing them 30+ games in their debut season

Leads me to think it's not Danny's entire decision. No way he'd want us to get rid of all our defenders with nothing coming in to replace them. Unless he's a closet Morton fan

Or maybe it's been some of the senior players who have had an attitude of 'I'm good enough to stroll about and be first pick for this team' as opposed to younger players who want to improve their game. I know which players I'd pick. And don't fall for the likes of the Hearts sob story about youngsters burning out, if a player proves himself good enough then he's old enough, would you seriously drop McGinn for someone like Harkins, Kelly for Grainger or even Naismith for Vanzy ?

Aye, the old "if it wasn't for Gretna, Dunfermline blah blah blah" shit. What a weak and utter shit point.

Fact is this manager has taken us to our highest league position EVER in the SPL, won the League cup and is operating under a bard who seem to be invisible in many aspects.

No, things aren't great right now but the behaviour of some "supporters" really takes the biscuit.

Moronic statements, no idea what the fcuk they are talking about and just repeating the same old post time after time after time.

Sad but true.

But they've been a fúckload worse, as anyone with a memory can tell you. Masses of debt, relegation battles in the First Division, signing junior players and punting them back, players out on the piss the night before the game and a general malaise about the club where no-one could give a flying one about the history of Saints or the dignity either.

We've been a lot worse off than we are now. Even Billyg will admit that.*

What on earth is going on down there to make so many people unhappy to play for st mirren??

A bunch of miserable, moany-faced cúnts called "The St. Mirren Supporters".

*(Cue Billy saying how there are many of us remember that we've also had it so much better in the past.)

Don't see the big deal, the guy got sent off and replaced by a young left back who has made the position his own.

He hasn't got any divine right to take Kelly's place off him but it seems he thought he did, hence Danny telling him if he didn't like it, he knew where the door was.

Signing made sense at the time, makes equally as much sense to let him go now.

• 1 month later...