Signed.... Then Released... Why?

How can you possibly suggest that Wylde is better than Carey? He has played twice for us so far, no?

Parkin was decent cover for Thompson, and a totally different type of player from Campbell. You are comparing apples and oranges with that one. It would have been more appropriate to refer to Bahoken in this context....aherm.

Parkin managed three goals in all apps. how the feck is that cover for Thommo's 42 and counting?

Wylde in my opinion is a better bet than Carey, young, talented, right attitude and still a work in progress. Carey was a wee bit worse than he thought he was, and proved inconsistent over the piece.

Parkin managed three goals in all apps. how the feck is that cover for Thommo's 42 and counting?

Wylde in my opinion is a better bet than Carey, young, talented, right attitude and still a work in progress. Carey was a wee bit worse than he thought he was, and proved inconsistent over the piece.

Parkin was respite for Thompson he who has played in every game for us so far and only been substituted three times - all but 30 minutes of our season!

Carey never worked out for us in his second spell but he seems to be doing better with County this season albeit he's still to recapture the form he showed in his first spell with us.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Parkin was respite for Thompson he who has played in every game for us so far and only been substituted three times - all but 30 minutes of our season!

Carey never worked out for us in his second spell but he seems to be doing better with County this season albeit he's still to recapture the form he showed in his first spell with us.

Thanks for that. rolleyes.gif

Ah....

So Danny should be looking for "Respite" care for Thommo, not a double figure goals a season guy..? That makes sense whistling.gif

It was always going to be a big year for Danny Lennon with the squad turnover in the summer.

He seemed to be unprepared in the summer, and even less well prepared in this window.

Also he was very slow to react to how poorly the team played at the start of the season.

Just as well Kelly and Naismith made it through the ranks, and that McGowan didn't leave otherwise things could have been really bad this season.

I think at the moment Danny's surving by the skin of his teeth, by good luck rather than good judgment.

Wylde and Campbell were signed in the current transfer window to replace the players who we signed to replace the likes of Parkin and Carey in the summer. No matter how it is dressed up the summer transfer window has turned out to be a shambles. Hopefully another and possibly two good signings and we may be a bit stronger but as a squad this season's is weaker than last seasons.

And what happens if we finish 8th or 9th with a worse squad than last season's squad? Does DL become a genius for achieving a higher league finish with a poorer squad?!

Its all very well being wise after the even. I was not a huge fan of our summer signings but I think you can see why they were worth a punt, Not least because they were cheep and lets face it, That is the market we operate in.

Bahoken recommended by Isma has not played enough for various reasons
Dillon promising picked up for nothing left for nothing,
Harkins clearly capable and a replacement for Gowser if/when he leaves if we sell him to oldham we might even make a profit
Cornell an SPL reserve goal keeper did ok
Caprice Cheep and cheerful gave us a bit of pace not enough game time.
Grainger A stand out at his previous clubs shite for use took a gamble that he could reproduce his form he never bye bye
Dilo cheep and done ok

Some absolutely ridiculous comments on here by what seems to be the same 10-15 people.

The only player of note released was grainger. He wasn't good enough, non issue really.

Harkins was most likely signed as a replacement for gowser who ended up staying. Sent him on loan, non issue.

Also

Danny Lennon would of known exactly how good the youngsters were before the season, it's not "by luck" they've came through.

Some absolutely ridiculous comments on here by what seems to be the same 10-15 people.

The only player of note released was grainger. He wasn't good enough, non issue really.

Harkins was most likely signed as a replacement for gowser who ended up staying. Sent him on loan, non issue.

Also

Danny Lennon would of known exactly how good the youngsters were before the season, it's not "by luck" they've came through.

Still a waste of money and poor signings anyway you want to dress it up.

Still waiting for a centre half for about 3 years.

Where's the next batch of youngsters?

In seasons past we sent the probables out on loan to gain experience so they would be ready to come into the first team

I noticed we haven't got any out this season

The squad management is very poor this season

Still a waste of money and poor signings anyway you want to dress it up.

Still waiting for a centre half for about 3 years.

Where's the next batch of youngsters?

In seasons past we sent the probables out on loan to gain experience so they would be ready to come into the first team

I noticed we haven't got any out this season

The squad management is very poor this season

So you weren't happy with the signing of Danny Grainger? I think we all thought it was a good bit of business. Sometimes things don't work out, that's football.

Youth players won't come through every year due to the gap between u19's and u21's.

I've seen a lot of people saying we need a centre half, I don't think we do. Darren mcgregor is getting back to his best, I think he's one of the best centre backs in scotland when fully fit. Mcausland is still learning but has all the physical attributes. Another season I think he'll be fantastic. We have Goodwin, Naismith and Kelly who can all cover for injurys and suspension.

IMO a centre half would be a complete waste of money

So you weren't happy with the signing of Danny Grainger? I think we all thought it was a good bit of business. Sometimes things don't work out, that's football.

Youth players won't come through every year due to the gap between u19's and u21's.

I've seen a lot of people saying we need a centre half, I don't think we do. Darren mcgregor is getting back to his best, I think he's one of the best centre backs in scotland when fully fit. Mcausland is still learning but has all the physical attributes. Another season I think he'll be fantastic. We have Goodwin, Naismith and Kelly who can all cover for injurys and suspension.

IMO a centre half would be a complete waste of money

Our goals against doesn't back your theory.

Naismith and Kelly are far better as full backs. In Kelly's case our only left back.

Goodwin isn't a centre back and is far better in midfield.

To get the best from your squad,you need competition for places to keep them on their toes.

We have 2 centre backs who know they are playing every week as there's no one else

Our goals against doesn't back your theory.

Naismith and Kelly are far better as full backs. In Kelly's case our only left back.

Goodwin isn't a centre back and is far better in midfield.

To get the best from your squad,you need competition for places to keep them on their toes.

We have 2 centre backs who know they are playing every week as there's no one else

Goodwin was a centre back at celtic, played in defense for Hamilton too. Pretty sure he's stated publicly that his natural position is a centre back But I agree he is more suited to the holding role.

Within out budget we won't find better than what we have meaning we'd be wasting a portion of a clearly small budget on a back up centre half, I don't think it's necessary

Goodwin was a centre back at celtic, played in defense for Hamilton too. Pretty sure he's stated publicly that his natural position is a centre back But I agree he is more suited to the holding role.

Within out budget we won't find better than what we have meaning we'd be wasting a portion of a clearly small budget on a back up centre half, I don't think it's necessary

IMO, in the case of CH I don't think the adage, "better than we have" counts as, as far as real backup is concerned, it would be "better than nothing".