New Signing On Loan - Josh Magennis

davidg

Magennis , or however you spell it , f**kin' diddy , f**k off Danny !

too late bye1.gif

Great signing , and his versatility will come in useful , Aberdeen's 9th choice striker and 7th choice right-back. We are plumbing the depths and deserve to be relegated !

Novo's a 1 in 3 scorer , Magennis is 1 in 10. Striker on his granny's side !

I await your verdict in about three games time !

Are you aware of how tedious you are?

Happy enough with this signing, experienced SPL player able to cover positions that we're short in. Ideally a centre half signing now.

A succinct email summary from a Dons supporting colleague:

"A bit more disappointed than I was than when Wylde left - you’ve got to like him because of his enthusiasm. Not sure why we would loan him out unless McInnes has decided he’s not going to be offered another contract (it’s up at the end of the season). We have other forwards but he’s a bit different and if he’s away no way of knowing how he’s going to fit into the team if he’s in Paisley. He’ll turn in some great performances, display some poor control and choose the wrong option sometimes and definitely run around like a headless chicken/rampaging bull. Scored two at Parkhead last year, hope he does the same at the weekend!!"

From an aberdeen forum:

re: Josher off?
'monidons' wrote at 12:25 on 29 Jan:
Of the 3 of them Josh is the one I would least like our defence to have to play against in the SPL.

I would have absolutely no worries however if opposition ever trotted out against us with Vernon/Zola leading their line.

Even though I think Josh is technically the worst of all three I actually agree with you on this, he's the one that can cause problems.

If we're looking for a late goal who would you rather bring on Vernon, Zola or Josh? I'd have to go for Josh, the other two are not the type I can see coming off the bench and making something happen.

I wouldn't be upset if Josh did go as he really isn't the standard we need but I'd have Vernon out the door before him.

Before the boy has even kicked a ball in the stripes he's getting abuse FFS, you couldn't make it up. Get a f**ken grip and give the lad a chance before forming opinions about how good or bad a player he might be.

What happened to welcoming new players and getting right behind them and showing him some support.

Seems it's a thing of the past. sad.png