New Signing On Loan - Josh Magennis

davidg

90 plus games for Aberdeen and he's scored 10 goals. That's the kind of strike rate that would have embarrassed Brian McGinty

Not that you have any interest whatsoever my non Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co supporting fellow forum using person.

Whilst this has failed to conjure up any excitement for me may I wish Josh the very best and hopefully he not only enjoys his time with our club but helps our team successfully avoid the ever looming play off in what is sure to be wee Danny's last season with us.

Do folk

Actual realise that magennis was a failed goalkeeper. He was a goalie then for some reason he changed and is now a utility player

Well cobble my shoes, I did not know that. I sincerely hope that wee Danny does not know that as he would likely try and play him there as he plays everyone else out of position. My confidence is low at the moment.

Welcome to the club Josh!

I am very pleased you will be wearing the black and white strips for the next 4 months. Hope you have a very fruitful time in Paisley and return to Aberdeen in the summer with a Scottish Cup winners medal in your hand (assuming you are not cup tied).

Good luck Josh!

In my opinion it's mainly coming from the "Lennon must go" team.

Some people don't seem to ever be happy. Perhaps it is me who is wrong, but St.Mirren playing top flight football occasionally playing fantastic football and having relative success in recent cup competitions is progress in the last 20 years in my opinion. Times change, football has changed, we're starting to focus on bringing youth players through, yes I'm baffled by our hot and cold nature too but a wee but of positivity from some would go a long way.

We've a group of supporters who will criticise Lennon no matter what he does, justified or not. He could sign Messi, van Persie, or half the Bayern Munich squad and they'd still say "f*ck off Lennon!"

I would defo say Feck off Lennon if he signed that Judus cnut.

Some people have forgotten that we spent the majority of 20 years in 2nd flight football.

I feel like a broken record repeatedly voicing that perspective and I understand others who feel we should be 'kicking on' but are the above comments really just directed at DL to show their distain or is the signing felt to be a poor one?

We are cutting our budget trying to balance the books and living within our means with an apparent view to bring young home grown players through, have cleared out some players and signed a new versatile player from the team 2nd in the league. What is there to complain about from this signing?

Let's give the guy a chance before we all get on his back.

Must be great signing for a club like ours and getting abused before you even kick a ball. C'mon big man prove all the doubters wrong!

Exactly mate typical over reaction from the usual suspects, all very predictable. I think he will offer something different, an option up front and he can fill in at the back. Good guy to have defending set pieces too. Yes we badly need a central defender (can he play there - he has the physique ?) but anything extra is always welcome especially a full international who is still young and by all accounts extremely enthusiastic and competitive and has played the guts of 100 games in our league. If he can chip in with even half a dozen goals before the end of the season he will have done a job. Think this also confirms that despite him saying otherwise, Bahoken is only back here under sufference and looks very unlikely to feature for us again.

I feel like a broken record repeatedly voicing that perspective and I understand others who feel we should be 'kicking on' but are the above comments really just directed at DL to show their distain or is the signing felt to be a poor one?

We are cutting our budget trying to balance the books and living within our means with an apparent view to bring young home grown players through, have cleared out some players and signed a new versatile player from the team 2nd in the league. What is there to complain about from this signing?

Nothing whatsoever. It's a very good signing.

Not at all.

I think people are understandably concerned that if we don't pick things up and quickly, we're going to end up back there.

I get that but we have people saying the board should start spunking money we don't have.

People are comparing us to clubs who have huge piles of debt and are still buying players as though we should copy them.

This is a good signing.

BTW yes it's a bit worrying being down here but it's also made the bottom of the league genuinely exciting.

It's been a while since we had an exciting nervy end to the season and it wasn't that long ago people were complaining about being bored.

If we go down it'll be much easier to get back up fairly soon with the playoffs and financially there is no longer a cliff.

I'm relaxed about the whole thing. It's what sport is all about.

FWIW I simply cannot believe that a team including McGowan, Thommo, Campbell, McGinn, Wylde, Kello, Teale, McLean, Goodwin, Naismith and Kelly will get relegated.