New Signing On Loan - Josh Magennis

davidg

If we go down it'll be much easier to get back up fairly soon with the playoffs and financially there is no longer a cliff.

I'm relaxed about the whole thing. It's what sport is all about.

FWIW I simply cannot believe that a team including McGowan, Thommo, Campbell, McGinn, Wylde, Kello, Teale, McLean, Goodwin, Naismith and Kelly will get relegated.

You think so? With The Rangers and Hearts in 'Fizzy Pop 1' next season? In that list of players, how many will stick with us? Wave goodbye to the loanees such as Newton, Campbell and Magennis. Kello would be poached, Thommo' will be 36 and looking to management or media work. A groin injury suffering Teale would likely retire. We couldn't keep McGinn... Could go on all day. Income down, the whole shooting match up the Swanee without much of a paddle.

Go down this season, with The Rangers, Hearts, and Fizzy Pop battle hardened outfits like Falkirk and Hamilton and I predict our club would be set back anywhere between five and seven seasons, until a new team emerges from the wreckage.

Relegation should worry all of us - this season more than most.

From what I remember of him he is quite physical so could come on for Thommo and help hold the ball up. What makes him different though is he not quite pacey too? With him, Campbell and Wylde a known for being pacey, could this not give saints something different than we have had in attack?

From these players you have the likes of McGowan, mcginn, etc that can support.

My issue is we need to have cover at centre back position as well as someone that can play the Goodwin role in the middle too. That's what I feel we are missing.

From what I remember of him he is quite physical so could come on for Thommo and help hold the ball up. What makes him different though is he not quite pacey too? With him, Campbell and Wylde a known for being pacey, could this not give saints something different than we have had in attack?

From these players you have the likes of McGowan, mcginn, etc that can support.

My issue is we need to have cover at centre back position as well as someone that can play the Goodwin role in the middle too. That's what I feel we are missing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100% spot on

It appears we are trying in this window aka last chance saloon.com for a centre back, hopefully we get something of quality. Presently we are winging it and the wantaway board must be praying we wing it to 10th spot, that will be 'success'

Other than that , well, that's the season pumped, unless we do some Open Top Bus Glory .....................................again happy.png

Before the boy has even kicked a ball in the stripes he's getting abuse FFS, you couldn't make it up. Get a f**ken grip and give the lad a chance before forming opinions about how good or bad a player he might be.

What happened to welcoming new players and getting right behind them and showing him some support.

To be fair doesn't even seem like Danny rates him all that highly

'St Mirren boss Danny Lennon insists striker Stevie Thompson should not be worried about the arrival of Josh Magennis.'

Edited by ds10

Danny says that our attacking options excite him.

That's fine, Danny, but do your defensive options give you sleepless nights like the rest of us?

Let's bloody hope so!

Going on the other nights game we looked like we were crying out for someone else who can put themselves about instead of relying on easy target Goodwin. Big Josh might well give us that physicality that we are lacking. It's coming to that time in the season where battles are won and lost in the relegation fight. Obviously McGowan, McGinn, Newton etc are gifted players but they are pretty much unprotected because the man put in there to protect them gets a card for rubbing snotters on his sleeve.

Yes welcome Josher.............hopefully you can be a hit with us , do ST Mirren and yourself a right good turn.

Good luck , all the best , get tore in and put some pride in the stripes, get yourself and the team involved in a higher line up the park.

Tell DL we need to boss teams and not admire teams, but murder them.

Some of the comments on here are a disgrace, boys not even kicked a ball for the club yet and folk are criticising him, we're supposed to be supporters of this football club, so f**king support them!

Why bother with that when it's so much more worthwhile to hurl abuse? Don't you know that negativity is the what the players need so they can prove the doubters wrong?!

From the feedback we are getting from Dons fans , we seem to be getting a big raw laddie , who is hard working and has a bit of pace , just the kind of player you want in your squad when there's a big relegation battle ahead

Saints are 19 points ahead of Hearts so there is no "big relegation battle". There may be a battle for the play-off place but that's a different matter.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Why bother with that when it's so much more worthwhile to hurl abuse? Don't you know that negativity is the what the players need so they can prove the doubters wrong?!

Saints are 19 points ahead of Hearts so there is no "big relegation battle". There may be a battle for the play-off place but that's a different matter.

So if we lose in the play-off place we don't get relegated?

• 5 months later...