Morgaro Gomis

monster munch

That was his 1st club of the season though, left Birmingham in the summer.

Fair enough I had wrongly assumed he must have been playing elsewhere btw leaving Brum and joining Utd.

Gomis was a cracking player 1st time round at Utd so fingers crossed he still has that level of ability if he signs. Beginning to look more and more like Goodwin is going to be used as the back-up central defender.

I believe we are trying to come to an agreement with Grainger which would see him becoming a free agent before the window closes !

Are we so poor that we need to move out grainger to sign someone new. Total joke if so and to be honest this club is going to be left behind. We don't expect much but come on look at it since summer who's went out and who's come in. It's scary if this is true.

... and to squeeze the most out of his budget. I'm sure Imrie, Harkins, Mair and Grainger are not on "fringe player" wages the way Robertson no doubt was.

So why let squad players go and replace them initially with very little. Danny has made an utter arse of the transfer market and with that his squad has delivered 8 wins is it in ten months? Absolutely horrendous. Plus we're playing very poorly bar 45 at Easter road

Edited by norrie82

Are we so poor that we need to move out grainger to sign someone new. .

Yes.

We spend within our means, unlike some of our competitors.

I have no problem with that. We don't have a rich benefactor and we're not rolling in it. We've learned our lessons with regards to building up a debt by buying things that we can't afford.

However, I do have a problem with the quality of players that seem to have been taking up a considerable proportion of our budget and the distinct possibility that we're having to pay off overpaid wasters for being f**king shite.dry.png

The management team and the board need to carry the can for that.

Edited by FTOF

Are we so poor that we need to move out grainger to sign someone new. Total joke if so and to be honest this club is going to be left behind. We don't expect much but come on look at it since summer who's went out and who's come in. It's scary if this is true.

One reason why I am willing to cut DL some slack is because it does look as though he is being forced or encouraged to work with a reduced budget: Harkins out, Mair out, possibly also as well as Grainger, Barron gone, Cornell gone... should equal some decent wages saved. Campbell, Wylde and Magennis are all young players with only Magennis coming with much SPL experience (and that is somewhat mixed).Here is hoping that there is some money left to bring in at least one defender!

... the alternative is to find out how much we would have kept on paying to have Imrie, Harkins, Grainger, Mair as under-utilised subs until their contracts expired while also continuing to pay for Barron to be never fit for selection.

The other alternative is not to continually sign players and then decide a few months later they're not good enough.

One reason why I am willing to cut DL some slack is because it does look as though he is being forced or encouraged to work with a reduced budget: Harkins out, Mair out, possibly also as well as Grainger, Barron gone, Cornell gone... should equal some decent wages saved. Campbell, Wylde and Magennis are all young players with only Magennis coming with much SPL experience (and that is somewhat mixed).Here is hoping that there is some money left to bring in at least one defender!

Harkins - shouldn't have signed him and McGowan. DL's mistake.

Barron - would have been given a pay off. Debatable whether he should have been given a new contract in 2012, has always been injury prone.

Cornell - terrible keeper. DL's fault.

Wylde - previous contracts with Aberdeen, Bolton and Rangers. Scotland U21 player. Won't be cheap.

Campbell - talented young player with a good EPL club. Doubt he's cheap.

Magennis - International player (sort of!). Played with Cardiff and Aberdeen. I don't see why he would be cheap.

We've wasted so much money over the last 1.5 seasons......Caprice, Bahoken, Dillon, Grainger, Harkins/McGowan, Robertson, Mair, Adam, Imrie, Guy, Puri. It's coming back to bite us on the bum now!

Edited by ScotstounSaint

... and to squeeze the most out of his budget. I'm sure Imrie, Harkins, Mair and Grainger are not on "fringe player" wages the way Robertson no doubt was.

Players get loaned out or moved on before their contacts are up all the time but it generally costs money to do so - it works both ways as we've benefitted from getting loan players in from Newcastle. The relevant questions is have we benefited from moving on the players you mentioned (add Adam & Guy to the list) - given the composition of our bench over the last 4 games I'd say not.

... the alternative is to find out how much we would have kept on paying to have Imrie, Harkins, Grainger, Mair as under-utilised subs until their contracts expired while also continuing to pay for Barron to be never fit for selection.

Either way, we are all in agreement that Lennon's hopeless transfer record has cost a fortune!

Away and take your common sense with you!

For example...Say Mair was on £ 10 a week, to not play. He moves to thistle for £5 a week,even if we pay the other £5 a week for the rest of his deal. It still allows us to bring in someone else at £5, who is going to play. Budget remains the same.

These contracts are cancelled by mutual consent, so at most the club only pays at most what's left on these contracts, not more and quite possible less.

Aye, and it appears that someone is away with your common sense! :1eye

Why sign Mair, Grainger, Harkins, Imrie, etc, etc on £10 a week each in the first place?

Why not sign some players who would play?

Do you have the figures to back up your statement that Lennon has been forced to work with a reduced budget?

And even if he is, why did he waste so much of it signing players he has later ended up getting shot of?

I'll tell you why. He's clueless. That's why!

Aye, and it appears that someone is away with your common sense! 1eye.gif

Why sign Mair, Grainger, Harkins, Imrie, etc, etc on £10 a week each in the first place?

Why not sign some players who would play?

You've lost me. I used £10 as an example as I thought it was pretty simple...clearly I was wrong.

You sign first team players on a wage that reflects that, if they for whatever reason are no longer in your first team plan's then clearly you are paying over the odd's for squad players and IMO it makes sense to move them on.

What do you want the manager to do if players are outperformed by youth prospects? Not play the McLean's, McGinn's, Kelly's and Naismith's because he has signings on a decent wedge on the bench. Instead Lennon's has put his faith in these boys and is getting rid of his signings and there wages.

But that's a different argument...my point was about the cost of all these transfers.

You've lost me. I used £10 as an example as I thought it was pretty simple...clearly I was wrong.

You sign first team players on a wage that reflects that, if they for whatever reason are no longer in your first team plan's then clearly you are paying over the odd's for squad players and IMO it makes sense to move them on.

What do you want the manager to do if players are outperformed by youth prospects? Not play the McLean's, McGinn's, Kelly's and Naismith's because he has signings on a decent wedge on the bench. Instead Lennon's has put his faith in these boys and is getting rid of his signings and there wages.

But that's a different argument...my point was about the cost of all these transfers.

Deary me! :lol:

Lennon is the one who signed all these duds on "£10 a week", a whole host of them.

I'd have preferred it if he hadn't signed them in the first place and had signed some players who were actually decent. Its that simple!