No More Business Today

Ok we should have signed a middling journeyman striker to replace Parkin, alternatively we could have offered him a new deal one that might have rivalled Exeter City's where he is pretty much the same place in the pecking order as he was here.

The outcome of not having done so is Stephen Thompson having been onfield for all but 30 minutes of the season so far.

Aye and how many goals has he scored?

Is it about 12 in all competitions?

You'd have subbed a man with that record for a non-scoring journeyman would you?

I'm still not sure why you think we'd need a non-scoring journeyman in the first place.

And BTW scoring about 3 goals in his time here is, for a striker, pretty much f**k all in terms of contribution.

Edited by oaksoft

Ok we should have signed a middling journeyman striker to replace Parkin, alternatively we could have offered him a new deal one that might have rivalled Exeter City's where he is pretty much the same place in the pecking order as he was here.

The outcome of not having done so is Stephen Thompson having been onfield for all but 30 minutes of the season so far.

PS - I wouldn't regard 32 appearances, including the final 15 minutes of the LC final, as practically fuck all!

Does the fact that he's down the pecking order at Exeter not suggest to you that he's not very good? Why should we have offered him a new contract?

You might be best to steer clear of this character, as he will almost certainly use one of his many alias accounts to argue about anything. He's a wind up merchant who no longer gets any bites on the pie and bovril site.

Considering I haven't posted on site for months that's not really surprising

You really are a bit thick!

Really? Were you at the game? If so. Did your guide dog get you home O.K.?

I've seldom seen so many Saints players having so many chances to win a football match.

Our own ineptness in front of goal led to that result. Mair could have been a cardboard cut out and would have had as much of an impact!

Were you at the game? You're making it seem like we were battering down the Thistle door all game, what utter nonsense. A draw was a fair result, and the stats reflect this; we had 9 shots on goal to Thistles 10. Mair was very solid in the match and made several interceptions and headers, most Thistle fans are very impressed with him and the general consensus is he's improved their defence. We are helping our opponents in the fight to avoid 11th.

So instead of signing players from EPL or top 6 Scot Prem clubs we should have signed players from the clubs struggling along with us 1eye.gif1eye.gif

Where did i say that? Think you've missed the point. We shouldn't be signing players from the teams around us, of course not. The point i was making is we shouldn't be letting our players go to the teams around us.

Here we go again. Where exactly do we find a PROVEN number 9 from without going into debt to hire him?

How do we persuade a good striker to join our club when if he's THAT good he'll have everyone whoring themselves for his services?

Proof if needed that you have absolutely no idea how football clubs work in the real world and under what restrictions and difficulties.

BTW Parkin was NOT a proven number 9. He was a middling journeyman who did practically f**k all for us.

What a rambling load of nonsense, you're getting worse at this auld yin. Sam Parkin is not a proven number 9? Jeez. Who is then?

Sam played an important role in lightening the load on Thommos shoulders throughout last season and scored some important goals in the process, including one in our league cup quarter final win at Pittodrie. We let him go, fine, we should have replaced him with a player of a similar ilk, there's plenty out there. The problem is we never. I'm really struggling with what you don't get about that, it's not rocket science.

I think its fair to say Danny is being hung out. Why else would he not bring anyone into a squad that's v short in numbers and quality. I think that the board have said no and Danny will be released in the summer. Will we still be in the premiership I am v unsure

We absolutely are NOT short on numbers at all.

We have a minimum of about 18 players who conceivably are 1st team standard.

It's also not fair to say Danny is being hung out to dry either because you're basing this on precisely nothin other than a gut feeling.

We absolutely are NOT short on numbers at all.

We have a minimum of about 18 players who conceivably are 1st team standard.

It's also not fair to say Danny is being hung out to dry either because you're basing this on precisely nothin other than a gut feeling.

Take away the two long term injuries, the two goalies & reilly who simply isnt first team standard & we simply are not strong enough........ & thats before suspensions or further injuries.

We are very weak , have NO strength in depth & have yet again missed out while others around us strengthen.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Sam Parkin is not a proven number 9? Jeez. Who is then?

Sam played an important role in lightening the load on Thommos shoulders throughout last season and scored some important goals in the process, including one in our league cup quarter final win at Pittodrie. We let him go, fine, we should have replaced him with a player of a similar ilk, there's plenty out there. The problem is we never. I'm really struggling with what you don't get about that, it's not rocket science.

2 goals in 27 matches.

Where will we find such a prolific striker ever again? Woe is us. We're doomed. Doomed.

A proven number 9 would be expected to be a natural goal scorer.

Calling Sam Parkin a natural goalscorer is like calling Dickson a nice human being.

I do find it funny that after all your "I am the Oracle" bullshit your big idea is to stuff the team to the rafters with strikers who don't score goals. lol.gif

Take away the two long term injuries, the two goalies & reilly who simply isnt first team standard & we simply are not strong enough........ & thats before suspensions or further injuries.

We are very weak , have NO strength in depth & have yet again missed out while others around us strengthen.

Apparently McLean should be fit for tomorrow.

According to OS. "could be fit enough to make the bench"

Is that simply coz we dont have enough players ?

He was in the PDE today saying that he is fit enough to feature.

So who knows?

Anyway, if fit he's as fit as he believes, he will be back to boost our options.

Were you at the game? You're making it seem like we were battering down the Thistle door all game, what utter nonsense. A draw was a fair result, and the stats reflect this; we had 9 shots on goal to Thistles 10. Mair was very solid in the match and made several interceptions and headers, most Thistle fans are very impressed with him and the general consensus is he's improved their defence. We are helping our opponents in the fight to avoid 11th.

Where did i say that? Think you've missed the point. We shouldn't be signing players from the teams around us, of course not. The point i was making is we shouldn't be letting our players go to the teams around us.

What a rambling load of nonsense, you're getting worse at this auld yin. Sam Parkin is not a proven number 9? Jeez. Who is then?

And on goals also.

Aye and how many goals has he scored?

Is it about 12 in all competitions?

You'd have subbed a man with that record for a non-scoring journeyman would you?

I'm still not sure why you think we'd need a non-scoring journeyman in the first place.

And BTW scoring about 3 goals in his time here is, for a striker, pretty much f**k all in terms of contribution.

Well then Danny Lennon must've been a fool last season when he used Parkin to rest Thompson last season - clubs require squads these days and not all players play all games, it's about getting the most out of your players and I'm not the only one who reckons Thompson looked a bit jaded at times. Parkin made a valuable contribution last season and left with a LC winners medal. You go on about the importance of spending within our means - Parkin was cheap & cheerful cover for Thompson, one of Lennon's better signings.

Does the fact that he's down the pecking order at Exeter not suggest to you that he's not very good? Why should we have offered him a new contract?

Good enough for us and better than we've replaced him with.

I was wrong it's 19 players.

Even with 2 injured it's 17 first team players.

Sorry but we should be able to cope with that.

Oh and BTW I completely disagree about Reilly.

Edited by oaksoft