Neil Lennon Abused At Tynnie

Drew

It's true that there is no excuse for that behaviour, but this also applies to Lennon himself, his antics at St Mirren park a couple of seasons ago ( racing off the bench and turning to the saints fans in the main stand, jumping up and down and giving us the two fingered salute, after the Bhigots scored in the 93rd minute ) was equally unacceptable.

The man is a walking apology for boorish behaviour, and brings it on himself!

Is it just me or does this sound like an excuse

Edited by insaintee

Because as a radio commentator said yesterday he doesn't take shit from people and speaks his mind.

Yeah, that'll be it, because he don't take no shit and speaks his mind. Boy, you don't half talk some amount of shite, but like Neil Lennon, you do not deserve to be spat at, pelted with coins, or otherwise abused for being an annoying gobshite.

I want to make that very clear.

Stirring and exploiting the underclass of Scottish society.

That is how 2 clubs in Scotland have won success and their employees have £ millions in the bank.

And the apologists let it happen...

Shame on them.

This is true...........sadly it is not difficult to do. It is incredible the amount of dullard knuckledraggers that football can galvanise into a cause. In this case, alleged drunken Aberdeen supporting knuckledraggers.

Irrespective of club allegiances, what kind of person throws coins at, spits at and verbally abuses anyone like this .........what kind of dysfuncional condones this, the human kind truly baffles

Many moons ago when I had to pass an exam on the general principles of Scots Law, spitting was regarded as assault and was a crime. So is chucking things at even a dickhead Celtic manager. Those responsible behaved like thugs and should be prosecuted but no doubt it's too late now.

I genuinely don't believe there was anything sectarian about what happened but I stand to be corrected if there were any remarks about his religion or the colour of his hair. But I don't believe any other manager in Scotland would have had to suffer what Lennon did. There would have been banter, most of it good natured with no doubt some comments a bit near the bone. Lennon got it because he's a boor of the highest or lowest order depending how you look at it. He behaves like a guttersnipe at nearly every opportunity. He has turned being a complete asshole into an art form and I believe that's why he got what he got. That's not condoning it despite what our resident uber PC eejit thinks.

What planet has Lennon been living on? Has he never come across vile, neanderthal football fans before? If so, he must shut his eyes every time he's at a home match.

Incidentally, in the photo that Drew posted of Lennon's twisted mug, it looks to me as if he is winding up to the gob of the month. A bit ironic if he was.

It's shocking what had happened too the ned of glasgow. It is wrong in the highest order, but what I would like to know did he provoke it ?, did he say or do anything after it ? or why was he targeted by these idiots ?. Everyone is in agreement that its terrible, but would everyone want to know why it happened ?.

Many moons ago when I had to pass an exam on the general principles of Scots Law, spitting was regarded as assault and was a crime. So is chucking things at even a dickhead Celtic manager. Those responsible behaved like thugs and should be prosecuted but no doubt it's too late now.

I genuinely don't believe there was anything sectarian about what happened but I stand to be corrected if there were any remarks about his religion or the colour of his hair. But I don't believe any other manager in Scotland would have had to suffer what Lennon did. There would have been banter, most of it good natured with no doubt some comments a bit near the bone. Lennon got it because he's a boor of the highest or lowest order depending how you look at it. He behaves like a guttersnipe at nearly every opportunity. He has turned being a complete asshole into an art form and I believe that's why he got what he got. That's not condoning it despite what our resident uber PC eejit thinks.

What planet has Lennon been living on? Has he never come across vile, neanderthal football fans before? If so, he must shut his eyes every time he's at a home match.

Incidentally, in the photo that Drew posted of Lennon's twisted mug, it looks to me as if he is winding up to the gob of the month. A bit ironic if he was.

Point well made...........I think Graeme Speirs made or attempted to make similar observations........................was subsequently being slaughtered for it last I heard

The bit that doesn't stack up for me was the alleged abusers were said to be Aberdeen fans... and yet lennon's agent claims he had COINS thrown at him..!

Hmmmm

Aberdeen men throwing money? Never! More likely Rangers fans in mufti so maybe it was sectarian. We need a stewards enquiry but please, not football stewards. They're part of the problem.

would you smile if you were him? I really don't bother my backside with him but he doesn't help himself at times, there is however no need for some of the crap he gets.

Paid thousands of pounds a week to manage the team I love, yeah I think I'd manage a smile the thing is though he has no control over what pictures are published of him.

Remembering back a year at Hampden when he tried to control the ball and failed, which got a cheer from the Saints end, he gave a wry smile I think he actually looked fairly happy for wee Dan the Man at the end too. He has had to put up with a lot more rubbish than the media darling fat Sally who in my mind has acted disgracefully over the last year or two.

However as Shull would say f**kem both!!!! Just don't spit on, throw missiles at or abuse them when watching a game of football.

All of what you are saying is typical whataboutery.

The only questions are why are our men (usually men) so incapable of controlling their tempers?

Why are they incapable of drinking alcohol properly?

Why are they so poorly educated that they can't do anything other than lash out at people they don't like?

Why are their egos in the toilet to the extent that a man they've never met can POSSIBLY say anything which angers them to the point of violence?

How can this be possible in 21st century Scotland?

And finally, why are there so many wankers out there prepared to support this kind of anti-social behaviour?

Why are you so full o blether about something that...

a. You know so little about?

b. Is based on palpably made-up-stuff in the Scottish Media?

This from the Aberdeen footymad site, and I understand that it has been sent to the BBC:

“I’m writing about the total inaccuracies presented as fact by BBC Scotland over the course of the weekend. Primarily the fact that one journalist in particular, would appear to have some agenda against Aberdeen supporters. said journalist reported (on a game he was NOT attending) at the weekend that an opposing manager had been hit by coins and spat on at Tynecastle on Saturday.

This has been blown up by the Scottish Media in general as a result, without any clear evidence. Indeed the so called victim stated that ONE coin had been thrown (one, not plural & that it missed) and made no mention of spitting.

The interviewer also asked if there had been “sectarian” comments. This question is greatly offensive to me. I have never heard any religious bigotry being used by Aberdeen supporters. Nor have I heard the BBC direct questions of this nature to either Celtic or TRIFC officials when it has been warranted. There has been absolutely no evidence (other than an apparent phone call from the so called victims agent) to confirm what the BBC still reports on it’s website is a fact.

Will the BBC either present evidence of the coins (plural) and spitting or remove a non-factual story from it’s website? Will the journalist please explain why he felt the need to ask about sectarianism? Will the BBC be as condemning of behaviour & religious bigotry (when it actually happens) going forward? I look forward to this new direction upon the first ever game held between Celtic fc and The Rifc”

Edited by bluto

From the Aberdeen Footymad quote posted by Bluto:

"I have never heard any religious bigotry being used by Aberdeen supporters."

I was at an Aberdeen v Celtic game on Boxing Day a few years back. I had been invited by a workmate who was able to get me a seat with him and his six mates as one guy was offshore and so I got his seat. Celtic had taken the lead but Aberdeen equalised before half-time. I applauded the goal, but stayed in my seat, while the Dons fans around me went wild.

Some numbnut two rows back decided that I had to be a Celtic fan, based on my accent and the fact that I didn't go mental at the goal. The abuse he gave me at half-time was constant, aggressive and definitely sectarian. He was also getting others on his side, until the guys I was with f**ked them off and explained I was a neutral invited by them. If I'd been alone I'd definitely have had to leave.

Had the guys behind me been giving me abuse for being a west-coaster, a baldy twat, or any other accurate description, then much as it would still be out of order, it wouldn't have been based on religious bigotry. However, the insults all came in the form of "f**k off home ya fen*ian bastard" and other similar niceties that obviously assumed I was Catholic (which I'm not) so I find it hard to believe the guy quoted above has truly never heard evidence of religious bigotry, when I heard it the one and only time I was ever at the "Home" end at Pittodrie.

And while I'm on, I'm no (Neil) Lennon lover, but I certainly don't hate the bloke. I just wish that our Lennon had some of the other one's passion, like when he was arguing over throw-ins a couple of weeks ago while his team were 4-0 up against us.

Edited by BAWZ

From the Aberdeen Footymad quote posted by Bluto:

"I have never heard any religious bigotry being used by Aberdeen supporters."

Cheers, BAWZ.

I'm no apologist for ANY fitba crowd, and can wholly understand how stressing, frightening and distasteful that was...

...but here's a scenario that doesn't excuse the bigotry, nor sanction the abuse. Just trying to rationalise your experience.

If a Shellic (or ***) supporter is known to have infiltrated the Paisley support at St Mirren Park, how are they treated by the Buddies around them? Less than kindly, I should think.

And... knowing that even some Buddies are not Saints... I'd guess that, even in Paisley, bigoted remarks wouldn't be unusual. sad.png

Edited by bluto

Why are you so full o blether about something that...

a. You know so little about?

b. Is based on palpably made-up-stuff in the Scottish Media?

This from the Aberdeen footymad site, and I understand that it has been sent to the BBC:

WTF?

bluto I'm going to say this just as carefully as I possibly can to avoid ANY misunderstandings.

You are a waste of space and I'm not interesting in engaging with you on this or any other topic.

WTF?

bluto I'm going to say this just as carefully as I possibly can to avoid ANY misunderstandings.

You are a waste of space and I'm not interesting in engaging with you on this or any other topic.

A phobia for facts, fear of debate and failure to engage with contrary views indicates a very low capacity for 'scientific' rigour.

Don't keep posting shite and I shall have no need to keep putting you right.

I hope this helps.

A way in which you wouldn't even need to acknowledge your abject failures to support your indefensible positions, would be to put me on Ignore.

I won't ignore you - you're my gimp, you are. :)

I note that Lennon did not mention spitting in his version of events.

The allegation now is that he was verbally abused and a coin was allegedly thrown which hit an Aberdeen director with such force that he didn't notice.

And the spl or whatever they r now called have apologised to him?

This is an absolute disgrace.

And to think that the apologist for bigotry, oaksoft, is having a breakdown over it... :lol:

Cheers, BAWZ.

I'm no apologist for ANY fitba crowd, and can wholly understand how stressing, frightening and distasteful that was...

...but here's a scenario that doesn't excuse the bigotry, nor sanction the abuse. Just trying to rationalise your experience.

If a Shellic (or ***) supporter is known to have infiltrated the Paisley support at St Mirren Park, how are they treated by the Buddies around them? Less than kindly, I should think.

And... knowing that even some Buddies are not Saints... I'd guess that, even in Paisley, bigoted remarks wouldn't be unusual. sad.png

Totally accept your point Bluto, but my point really is that I find it hard to believe that the guy, who wrote that comment in Aberdeen Footymad, has never heard anything that would constitute religious bigotry at Pittodrie.

Has the sun confirmed the scalding of their reporters and damage to laptops from hot beverages thrown at Mr Lennon?

Indeed. Surely there must be some independent witnesses?

Surely there must be something on CCTV?

What we have had is this story across all the media with the connotations of sectarianism... and the story goes quiet when no evidence is forthcoming.

This is exactly what Celtic & Lennon want. For Lennon it deflects away from the fact that he is an awful football manager, today's result is yet more evidence. And for Celtic it stirs up more sectarianism to help their business model.

And suckers like Oaksoft were pulled right in...