Eric Djemba Djemba

This is great. It has created a bit of a buzz at any rate, and regenerated interest that has been waning of late. It does put me in mind of the Harte situation, only this time we've actually sealed the deal (though, arguably, it does have a whiff of the Mo Camaras about it, too!Flush.gif ).

Nah, I reckon this is a good piece of business, though I have a slight fear that it will signal a move back into central defence for Jim. Anyway, time to be positive about things! Go get 'em Eric!!!

A fellow saints posted on FB saying how did we pull this off? I was wondering did Djemba-Djemba & Steven Thompson play together at Burnley?

I 'm hearing a lot of chat about 'pulling it off'. Surpising, really, as JJ didn't seem that impressed by this signing....

St Mirren manager Danny Lennon is pleased to have signed up the Cameroon international. He said, “I am delighted to announce the signing of Eric Djemba-Djemba till the end of the season.

“He is a top drawer player who does a power of work in the defensive midfield area. At times I would have liked to play someone alongside Jim Goodwin in that role to protect the back four and give our creative midfielders more of a license to hit the opponents box. Eric has performed that role at the highest level for top European clubs.

“He wants regular football to ensure he goes to the World Cup with Cameroon this summer and we are happy to give him that platform.”