Eric Djemba Djemba

Don't you get the feeling some "supporters" hope he turns out to be a flop? thumbdown.gif

There's a couple on here who have a very specific agenda against the club because their sons or their friend's sons were released by the youth team.

It's important to take that into account when you consider the ludicrously over the top criticisms.

Danny deserves some criticism for what's been going on but the level of some of it is clearly agenda driven.

You'll know the posters I'm talking about.

great signing if any of the other teams round about us had signed him we d be moaning like fcuk asking why we couldn't attract players like him well done to all involved mon the Mirrenclap.gifpunk.gif

I honestly thought this was a hoax. Top quality defensive midfielder. I can hold my hands up and say I did not for one second think this was anything other than a wind-up. Bring it on.

A coupe of very fair points, very fair indeed.

I too have been guilty of lacking the optimisim that such a signing really should stir in one's loins.

At 32 years of age and a footballing pedigree that includes playing at Manchester United in the first team under young Alex Ferguson then we really should be more excited by this. Maybe the pessimism say's more about us as pain struck supporters than it does about our new Eric Eric.

I am now looking forward to seeing said Eric Eric play in the midfield for our wonderful club. I do hope however that our Dan the manager man has the resolve to overcome his temptaion to play Eric Eric up front or in goal and play him (and everyone else for that matter) in the correct position's.

Edited by TediousTom

I want to be pleased about this signing, but the name Mo Camara keeps haunting my thoughts.death.gif[/quote

Did mo camara play for the English champions, win the African nations cup or play for his country in the world cup? This guy is a cut above

You can continue with your optimism as you're perfectly entitled to do.

Me?

I'll go on my gut instinct, which the more I read, suggests that this signing is a huge risk. Hopefully we're not paying him a huge sum of money.

I hope I'm wrong, but we can only wait and see.

This transfer came about due to a chance meeting between one of our coaches (same one responsible for bringing in Isma and Bahoken) and Djemba's agent who he knew at Hong Kong airport. After finding out he was available our coach was able to persuade him that coming to Scotland would provide him with enough tv coverage and publicity as well as game time to secure his place with Cameroon at the World Cup. Clearly Bahoken hasn't been the success we hoped but it's good to have someone with contacts who can provide us with an exciting signing every now and again. Well done that coach!

This transfer came about due to a chance meeting between one of our coaches (same one responsible for bringing in Isma and Bahoken) and Djemba's agent who he knew at Hong Kong airport. After finding out he was available our coach was able to persuade him that coming to Scotland would provide him with enough tv coverage and publicity as well as game time to secure his place with Cameroon at the World Cup. Clearly Bahoken hasn't been the success we hoped but it's good to have someone with contacts who can provide us with an exciting signing every now and again. Well done that coach!

Might even give Bahoken the lift he needs.

Deal to the end of the season - good piece of business!

Welcome to Paisley.

I'll be casting this up later, if it all goes tits up.laugh.png

It was the length of the deal I thought was good. As for Djemba-Djemba we'll just have to hope Dan is the man with the plan and that we haven't just got the last biscuit in the box.

IIRC the Appeals Panel meet today to review McAusland's red card. ph34r.png

Edited by Bud the Baker

Having recovered from the vile abuse from a poster earlier on in the thread, I am prepared to admit I have never heard of this player so wont pass judgement until I see him. Looks like Lennon has had to rely on someone else recommending him - like Isma last season - so if he has not had a hand in things its possible it could be a success.Like everyone else who has commented, without seeing the player, I will do the same. Its only a prediction, but I feel it will be a failure, and if an untried, unfit player gets pitched in on Saturday and we lose, Lennon will have a lot of explaining to do.

I genuinely hope this will not come to pass, as a cup run is the only thing we ever have to look forward to occasionally.

Time to return to the pond (its not a cesspit, you cretin)

This is an absolutely stonking signing, in my favourite position on the park. punk.gif

I'd definitely stick him and Goodwin in the middle together, when we have enough defenders that JG doesn't need to drop back.

Thing is, players can hold that position for years; it's not like a fading striker that relies on his pace, etc. Maybe EDD would struggle in the Champions' League, but we are a long way off that standard. Look at, say, Gareth Barry in the 2010 World Cup. Made to look like an absolute carthorse by Germany, yet here he is, 3.5 years on, one of Everton's most consistent performers and providing the platform for their better, creative players.

I'm excited about this. holiday.gif

You have to laugh at the Danny Haters...

So pissed off he signed Kello, Wylde, Magennis, (proven pros at this level) and Goncalves, Dummet, Newton, Campbell ... then blooded McLean, McGinn, Naismith, Kelly, Reilly... re-signed McAusland, signed McGregor etc, etc...

He's now had the temerity to sign an ex Man-u player, current international having represented his country at the african cup of nations (and won it) runner up to France in the Fifa Con Fed cup, played at the world cup finals... and is hoping signing for saints will help get him there again....

Jeez all it needs is Bahoken to kick-in and the RAI will be in feckin meltdown with the surge in coronary attacks..! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I tell you what Dun Utd and the shit McNamara are collectively crapping themselves, and the teams about us will be too when we can field the attack minded selection of our choice from....

Thompson, Magennis, McGowan, Campbell, Wylde, McLean, McGinn, Newton, Bahoken, with D&GTM (Djemba & Goody) backing them up, Naismith and Kelly helping to rip them a new one on the flanks, and the possibility Teale will come back this season.

I wanna see this line-up in full flow! thumbup2.gif

Edited by Lord Pityme

99 - huh?

Guess we are not signing Nena then?

To worry, worry, super-scurry.

Call the troops out in a hurry.

This is what we've waited for.

This is it boys, this is war.

Lennon's job is on the line

As ninety nine red balloons go by.

Welcome to the club Eric.

Only one version worth considering.

Perhaps we should release 99 luft ballons on Sunday.

I have been singing this guys name since yesterady, what a signing it is, some of my mates say hes shocking as they view him as a man u flop, but hes here to prove a point and get into the world cup squad, I would love him to have a good world cup if he can get into the team, prove some people wrong.

I have been singing this guys name since yesterady, what a signing it is, some of my mates say hes shocking as they view him as a man u flop, but hes here to prove a point and get into the world cup squad, I would love him to have a good world cup if he can get into the team, prove some people wrong.

A man utd flop should be an spl star! I don't get this attitude of some people, the guy made it to the very top of the game, so what if he flopped at man utd, all of the players in the spl right now would also be flops at man utd including the whole Celtic team!

A man utd flop should be an spl star! I don't get this attitude of some people, the guy made it to the very top of the game, so what if he flopped at man utd, all of the players in the spl right now would also be flops at man utd including the whole Celtic team!

Its mainly because I live in Leicester, theres loads of man u flops that Leicester City would take, let alone us.

Edited by Scook

Flopping at Man U is not exactly a sign of being shit is it? We have the mighty Thommo who never even got a chance to flop in Manchester and he has turned out ok for us.

So we now have the following full internationalists in our team - Kello, Thompson, Teale, Djemba-Djemba and others capped at different levels - Campbell, Goodwin, Mclean, McGinn, Wylde, Magennis. Not bad for a wee diddy team :)