Weather Excuses

Lord Pityme

Guest TPAFKATS

I've always wanted to go on a train along the Dawlish Sea Wall. Hope they get it fixed up.

Looks like it will be a major engineering undertaking, I wouldn't be booking a ticket this year! You could always substitute for Ardrossan harbour in the meantime...

Looks like it will be a major engineering undertaking, I wouldn't be booking a ticket this year! You could always substitute for Ardrossan harbour in the meantime...

It's so famous I'm sure they'll fix it up. Remind me what Ardrossan is like. Could I wear my speedos.

England is sinking into the sea while Scotland is rising at such a rate it may counteract the effects of sea level rise due to climate change, according to a geological map.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/6226537/England-is-sinking-while-Scotland-rises-above-sea-levels-according-to-new-study.html

The sooner we get Independence the better. The English will only continue to become a DRAIN on our country.

We'd better stick together for a few more years then. Lets use the next couple of decades to frack all the gas we can get out of England before it becomes economically inefficient to drill down that deep.

Guest TPAFKATS

It's so famous I'm sure they'll fix it up. Remind me what Ardrossan is like. Could I wear my speedos.

The quote on radio at 6pm was 6 weeks minimum to fix. Seems a bit hopeful as the railway is bordered by the sea wall and the damage looks pretty significant, including to houses behind the line.

Ardrossan is the photie of sea crashing over railway that they always show on news when it gets a wee bit blowy over here