Lennon Out

Board check list for Monday:

- Identify the manager needed for next season and ask him to come in now to assess the squad, decide who to keep and identify signings;

- Inform Danny Lennon we appreciate his efforts but he will be leaving as soon as the new man can start.

There is NO reason to keep him in place anymore.

That's my thinking on the situation now.

Get the new man in now giving him time to review the squad ahead of next season, and hope that bringing in a new manager gives us a bounce to pull away from the playoff spot.

It is certainly going to take a remarkable run of form for Danny to earn himself a new deal. Although very unlikely, it is a run I hope we go on.

I too will wish Danny all the best for the future when he leaves.

Hopefully when he leaves that will be last we see of him.

Board check list for Monday:- Identify the manager needed for next season and ask him to come in now to assess the squad, decide who to keep and identify signings;- Inform Danny Lennon we appreciate his efforts but he will be leaving as soon as the new man can start.There is NO reason to keep him in place anymore.

3) how long are you prepared to persist with protecting your 52% to the detriment of the club ?

I don't like going against the manager as I always believe in the team, but now it's getting embarrassing. For dundee united second goal today we had at least 10 chances to clear our lines but Danny Lennons way is to pass the ball out of danger. We are far to easily broke down, when we concede a goal the players don't seem too bothered. I'm fed up of the excuses aswell. Though I think the board will look for a cheap replacement so it's easier to sell the club.

The new manager will need money to spend to make our team better. Goodwin has past it IMO too. Why is Adam Campbell coming on with 15mins to go? The startin line up was far too negative. Especially for a cup tie. He'll blame it on the game plan instead of himself again!

It's maybe time rather than posting Lennon Out comments on a forum than actually shouting "Lennon Out" after matches so that the board can actually hear what the fans at the matches actually think, if nothing is said by fans during games or we when we go behind, the board thinks the fans are still happy with Danny.

I agree that it is time for Danny to go and the sooner the better, if we lose to Aberdeen on Saturday, then I am sure a "Lennon Out" chant would maybe help with his exit.

It's maybe time rather than posting Lennon Out comments on a forum than actually shouting "Lennon Out" after matches so that the board can actually hear what the fans at the matches actually think, if nothing is said by fans during games or we when we go behind, the board thinks the fans are still happy with Danny.

I agree that it is time for Danny to go and the sooner the better, if we lose to Aberdeen on Saturday, then I am sure a "Lennon Out" chant would maybe help with his exit.

FFS......A new Winner already.....

I now feel sorry for Danny.

He has nothing left to offer, and is now twisting in the wind. It is the folks upstairs who have to shoulder a bit more responsibility before the guy completely unravels and takes the club down with him.

We have a great squad, though imo I just dont think the manager is getting the best out of them.

I have heard rumours that there is potentially a takeover imminent at the end of season, this may be the reason why we are running down lennons contract, so that the new board can pick their man.

As I said we have a very strong squad and it is frustrating to see us under achieve once again.

He won't get a new deal and losing away at Utd is hardly a sacking offence. We played ok today and I personally saw nothing to suggest we will go down. EDD looked a class act fouling apart and with games will only get better. On logging on to this you would have thought we had just lost by 4 or 5 !

The haters need to accept he is here to the end of the season. If we play like today we will be fine just face facts as cup draws go we got a bad one. Im sick of this witch hunt just accept he is here to the end of the season ffs why would we ditch him now especially when no one us available to replace him.

He won't get a new deal and losing away at Utd is hardly a sacking offence. We played ok today and I personally saw nothing to suggest we will go down. EDD looked a class act fouling apart and with games will only get better. On logging on to this you would have thought we had just lost by 4 or 5 !

The haters need to accept he is here to the end of the season. If we play like today we will be fine just face facts as cup draws go we got a bad one. Im sick of this witch hunt just accept he is here to the end of the season ffs why would we ditch him now especially when no one us available to replace him.

I don't think he'll be punted, but I'm not sure if the guy has enough fight left in him to survive a play-off spot dog-fight. He cut a sorry figure at times in the dug-out this afternoon, and you have to wonder whether it is in his interest to prolong the agony.

Edited by Drew

I don't think he'll be punted, but I'm not sure if the guy has enough fight left in him to survive a play-off spot dog-fight. He cut a sorry figure at times in the dug-out this afternoon, and you have to wonder whether it is in his ointerest to prolong the agony.

Drew the fight needs to be in the players in the run in. We ARE better than 11th I am convinced of this. DL will not keep us out of trouble the players will. He doesn't have a contract beyond the end of the season and he surely wont get a new one so why pay him off now ?

Why the outcry tonight as we played better than in a lot of recent games.

Djemba Djemba had a couple of great touches and that was it. He was miles off the pace and slower than Goodwin, if that's possible. He could easily have been sent off. I think he may well have cost us the first goal as well as Ciftci easily coasted by him to square for Gauld.

More to come when he's fit? Hope so.

Drew the fight needs to be in the players in the run in. We ARE better than 11th I am convinced of this. DL will not keep us out of trouble the players will. He doesn't have a contract beyond the end of the season and he surely wont get a new one so why pay him off now ?

Why the outcry tonight as we played better than in a lot of recent games.

I agree that the players need to be up for the fight, but the manager decides who to play and in what formation. It is also down to him to ensure that they have the belief that they can play themselves out of trouble. As others have said, I think we have a solid enough squad (albeit a bit thin), so this shouldn't be too big an ask.

From what I seen of the match today, we didn't really trouble their 'keeper a great deal, and we have Kello to thank for keeping the scoreline down. We backed off them in the second half after looking the better team following our equaliser. That is inexplicable, and the manager should have been out urging them forward. It was a cup tie, and to sit back and invite a mediocre team onto ourselves was a very poor show. Danny didn't look like he had the wherewithall to influence what was happening, and regardless of the role of the players, that is his job, surely?

I don't hate Danny. On the contrary, I think he comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke. I think he has run out of ideas, now, however, and that has to be a major concern.

Edited by Drew

Derek McInnes was appointed new Aberdeen manager around the time of the split last season, I think that has got to be the very latest we can go before making a decision - time for an incoming manager to assess the existing squad and not too late to wheel & deal.

If we end up finishing 11th then Lennon must not be in charge for the play-off games.

Derek McInnes was appointed new Aberdeen manager around the time of the split last season, I think that has got to be the very latest we can go before making a decision - time for an incoming manager to assess the existing squad and not too late to wheel & deal.

If we end up finishing 11th then Lennon must not be in charge for the play-off games.

I wish we appointed McInnes around that time.

DL has run out of ideas, he pulled the Djemba Djemba signing out of left field if nothing else it's a bit of positive publicity for the club.

The major issue for me is he has yet again failed to address the defensive issues again. I'm not going to slate individuals but time and time again today the centre halves were dropping deep and playing Dundee utd forwards on side. Even the summarisers noticed it today