Lennon Out

McGowan, McLean,Newton,Kello,Goodwin,McGinn , Thompson, Campbell, all quality players who are not producing the goods. I think the manager needs to explain why. These players are not delivering and fast. Would Stuart McCall or terry butcher put up with under achieving players? Not when the players are as talented as this bunch. I think they have stopped responding to Danny! Six wins in the league and one cup win in a reply isn't good enough even for our wee team.

That Kenny McLean, what a disappointment, he's hardly kicked a ball for 2 months.

Kello - not producing the goods.

FFS. That is all.

Don't you remember his couple of blunders?

FFS right enough.

What I'm trying to point out, if you'd draw your neck in, is that all, aye all, the named by super supporter Norrie, have failed to produce the goods on a regular basis to be called "quality".

When our so called "quality" players fcuk up it's immediately forgotten, seemingly even by you, but everything, mostly made up stuff about the manager or his interviews, gets regurgitated time after time.

Edited by faraway saint

Our team is a combination of average youngsters and shite journeyman.Thompson is overpaid and hasnt kicked his arse all season,Teale is well past his sell by date and magowan couldnt trap a bag of cement.We should keep mcginn and free up a small fortune by binning the "quality" I would rather watch hungry shite youngsters every week than the superstars"played in the premiership you know"Let the new manager work from a fresh piece of paper without having to pander and show respect to once good players who are now living on memories.They are a liability and an expensive one

Our team is a combination of average youngsters and shite journeyman.Thompson is overpaid and hasnt kicked his arse all season,Teale is well past his sell by date and magowan couldnt trap a bag of cement.We should keep mcginn and free up a small fortune by binning the "quality" I would rather watch hungry shite youngsters every week than the superstars"played in the premiership you know"Let the new manager work from a fresh piece of paper without having to pander and show respect to once good players who are now living on memories.They are a liability and an expensive one

Go and watch the U20's then

What I meant was that we keep getting beat. Kello immense as is McGinn and Thompson. But collectively we're not doing well and with the talent in our squad we should win more than 8 games in nearly a year. I hope that clears it up. Dundee United wasn't a problem they're a fantastic team going forward. The rest of the games are and unless this changes were destined for failure. I don't expect miracles I don't even expect to be top six but I think we need to aspire to it and to try to work out why the team which I think has good good players continue to struggle

Kello best keeper since money . McGinn best player for us all year possibly best young talent in league. Thompson 13 goals so far. McGowan a good player as is newton as is Campbell and Goodwin. The team isn't delivering and I'm asking why? Fair point I'd say but I understand dibble and faraway may have taken my original post wrong. If you take off the Saints glasses you would see that the players are not winning games and I'd say that is an issue.

^^

The last two seasons were very successful by your standards then?

Thank you for highlighting the word and in red, however I did read your full post and took note of the word and

I was referring to the next line

obviously you can excuse falling short in the cups if you do better in the league and vice versa

So by your standard finishing 8th was a successful season and winning the cup was a successful season.

..............and yet you failed to mention the line you were referrlng to. lol.gif

You also dropped the word very between your two posts - so to repeat myself no finishing 8th in the league & losing to Ayr in the cup does not count as a very successful season only a moderately successful one as I've already said, again as I've already said winning a major trophy counts as one of our best seasons ever but the longer Lenon's tenure continues the more the League Cup win becomes the exception and not the rule.

I know what I said but feel free to continue with your attempts to cloud the matter.

Edited by Bud the Baker

What I meant was that we keep getting beat. Kello immense as is McGinn and Thompson. But collectively we're not doing well and with the talent in our squad we should win more than 8 games in nearly a year. I hope that clears it up. Dundee United wasn't a problem they're a fantastic team going forward. The rest of the games are and unless this changes were destined for failure. I don't expect miracles I don't even expect to be top six but I think we need to aspire to it and to try to work out why the team which I think has good good players continue to struggle

Dundee Utd was a problem. We had two guys in the middle lacking in pace, Goodwin looked the slowest, a nothing on the right and a habitual drifter on the left. This exposed the defence, gave us no width and saw Thompson end up drifting wide yet again just to get the ball. We let them play and did nothing when we had the ball. How on earth is that not a problem?

Kello best keeper since money . McGinn best player for us all year possibly best young talent in league. Thompson 13 goals so far. McGowan a good player as is newton as is Campbell and Goodwin. The team isn't delivering and I'm asking why? Fair point I'd say but I understand dibble and faraway may have taken my original post wrong. If you take off the Saints glasses you would see that the players are not winning games and I'd say that is an issue.

Ok Norrie, let's try to make this simple.

McGowan has been pretty poor this season. Newton.......................never mind St Mirren glasses, you need to go to Specsavers. Campbell has been here for about 10 minutes, if you think he's something special in that time you should phone Man Utd, seemingly they need a few good scouts. Goodwin was almost named as a murderer/thug a few weeks ago, and that was on this site.

Your point, unless I'm mistaken, is to paint our players as world-beaters therefore it's the managers fault. This, you understand, is my opinion based on your previous ranting's blaming Lennon for everything including global warming.

There is no argument we are not winning games, and, yes that's an issue.

PS Try to use the edit facility, making 3 posts to say the same thing isn't really required. bye1.gif

PPS Yes, the manager has a part to play in our current situation. See edit. thumbup2.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I have no problem with DL being our manager ,just giving my opinion on their different personalities ,but I don't think DL will be here next season and hope him all the best at whatever clubs he manages next.

You can't read the forum much I take it as Gus has been mentioned on many different threads over the last 3 seasons ,but you are entitled to your opinion

Unfortunately I have a wee sneaky peek at the forum every day, just don't post too often. You are right about Gus being mentioned many different times, but that is mainly due to the same person boring the arse off of everyone!!!!

I probably just read your post wrong as i thought you were making a direct comparison for some reason, anyway, I wont mention him again!thumbup2.gif

Hope Lennon can turn it around as there is no way we will be changing him before the end of the season, but i doubt it. sad.png

McGowan, McLean,Newton,Kello,Goodwin,McGinn , Thompson, Campbell, all quality players who are not producing the goods. I think the manager needs to explain why. These players are not delivering and fast. Would Stuart McCall or terry butcher put up with under achieving players? Not when the players are as talented as this bunch. I think they have stopped responding to Danny! Six wins in the league and one cup win in a reply isn't good enough even for our wee team.

FFS !! Are you serious ??1eye.gif

Kello, outside of lurch @ septic Kello is IMO the best keeper in scotland

& McGinn ?!?! away & have a word wi yersel`

It's obvious for everyone to see that we're simply not performing considering the players we have. I like Danny and I've tried to defend him on many occasions. I'm running out of excuses for him now, he looks lost.

I definitely think Danny will be here until the end of the season. Hopefully we can grind out some results and stay 10th or above. Change and new ideas badly needed for next season right enough.

Stopped reading when you said Goodwin and Newton were quality players.

Unfortunately I have a wee sneaky peek at the forum every day, just don't post too often. You are right about Gus being mentioned many different times, but that is mainly due to the same person boring the arse off of everyone!!!!

I probably just read your post wrong as i thought you were making a direct comparison for some reason, anyway, I wont mention him again!thumbup2.gif

Hope Lennon can turn it around as there is no way we will be changing him before the end of the season, but i doubt it. sad.png

I was only mentioning the difference in management style ,DL sits back while Gus was in folks faces and showed the attitude we the fans would want DL to show .

Want to explain that one to Scotty?.

There's been some shit posted on this forum over the years, myself included, but you have taken it far as it can go.

Thompson overpaid and not performing?

Nine goals in a team that has struggled all season, 3rd top Scottish player, 5th top scorer.

How many goals do you expect him to score at this point in the season?

20? A poor return by any standards. 30? Think you might find that passable. 40...... Now you're talking.

The man is a wage thief and should never wear the stripes again.

The 5 players that have scored more this season are all top 6, 4 of the 5 below him are also top 6. He's just not good enough!

As for the highlighted bold........... Welcome back to the 1st division.

Edit.

I'm in no way trying to defend Lennon.

Edited by desert orchid

There's been some shit posted on this forum over the years, myself included, but you have taken it far as it can go.

Thompson overpaid and not performing?

Nine goals in a team that has struggled all season, 3rd top Scottish player, 5th top scorer.

How many goals do you expect him to score at this point in the season?

20? A poor return by any standards. 30? Think you might find that passable. 40...... Now you're talking.

The man is a wage thief and should never wear the stripes again.

The 5 players that have scored more this season are all top 6, 4 of the 5 below him are also top 6. He's just not good enough!

As for the highlighted bold........... Welcome back to the 1st division.

Edit.

I'm in no way trying to defend Lennon.

I was going to respond to that previous post but yours sums up just about everything i wanted to say.

btw, fwiw, i dont think thommo has been half as good this season,he looks tired & jaded at times but think how much shit we`d be in if we didnt have him !

You dropped the word very between your two posts - so to repeat myself no finishing 8th in the league & losing to Ayr in the cup does not count as a very successful season only a moderately successful one as I've already said, again as I've already said winning a major trophy counts as one of our best seasons ever but the longer Lenon's tenure continues the more the League Cup win becomes the exception and not the rule.

I know what I said but feel free to continue with your attempts to cloud the matter.

Glad you can admit when you're wrong.

First of all Danny hasn't lived up to your standards in all seasons and now you're admitting the last two have indeed been successful in your eyes. Thanks