Lennon Out

It is highly unlikely that the BoD will do anything between now and the end of the season with regards DL position.

- the playing budgets are normally set at finishing 11th in league and getting knocked out of both cups in the first round

- money has been given to him in January with a view to finishing above the 11th place play off

- paying off DL will cost the BoD even more money - it's not just his wages - you have to include all his backroom staff

- if the BoD were to pay off the manager - there is the cost of hiring new staff with no guarantee that will be successful

Personally I don't think we will see any changes. The BoD has been down this route before.

They will look at the current worst case scenario - which is probably a play-off place (as I don't think Hearts will catch us up) and feel that the squad should have enough over two legs to stay up.

Many of us who go every week have lost faith with DL - but we need to accept that he is here until the end of the season and focus on supporting the team he puts out on the field.

So I will lead with the first song....

"Danny Lennon's Yellow and Black Army" - seems we play with that strip more often than not these days.

It would be sheer madness to let Danny stay in charge for the 2 legged play off if we finish 11th, would you trust him to motivate the players for these games? If he isn't getting a new deal we should be going along the same lines as what Dundee United done with Peter Houston, get the new man in now and let him asses the squad and work out which of the out of contract players he wants to keep. Letting Danny run down his contract is a bad move, he looks totally lost and out of ideas.

Higdon was a fantastic striker for us, massively underrated by some of our fans, I would take him over Thompson.

Imo you have been teetering on the edge for quite some time, perhaps Carey's release hit you harder than expected....But now you have completely lost the plot.

And I do rate Higdon.

Imo you have been teetering on the edge for quite some time, perhaps Carey's release hit you harder than expected....But now you have completely lost the plot.

And I do rate Higdon.

I would take Higdon over Thompson just now yes, I would consider Thompson over Higdon when Thompson was in his prime though.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

15 goals in 33 games, aye, not great.

I should check my facts before posting whistling.gif

He did have a good season of 15 goals in 33 games you are right (majority of his goals coming in the second half of the season, possibly even post split including a hat trick against Hamilton when he was playing for a new contract) still no mean feat I give you that.

He also had a season of scoring either 3 or 5 goals (depending on who you believe) in his other 28 or 41 games (again depending on your source).

Wiki has 18 Goals from 61 appearances 1 goal every 3.388 games

Soccerbase has 20 Goals from 74 (58 starts and 16 Sub appearances) 1 goal every 3.7 games

Neither is breaking the goal every 3 games record which the Great Thommo has done over 3 seasons, including scoring in the League Cup Semi and Final, which if Higdon had managed to do then he would get into the "Great" bracket.

All in my opinion though.

It would be sheer madness to let Danny stay in charge for the 2 legged play off if we finish 11th, would you trust him to motivate the players for these games? If he isn't getting a new deal we should be going along the same lines as what Dundee United done with Peter Houston, get the new man in now and let him asses the squad and work out which of the out of contract players he wants to keep. Letting Danny run down his contract is a bad move, he looks totally lost and out of ideas.

We simply don't have the cash to pay him off and replace him with someone else. I'd bite the hand off you for 10th right now and I have a feeling that we'll manage enough points between now and then to do that but it'll be tight and that's why he has to go IMO.

The League Cup win was magnificent and he has his place in club history assured but there are too many poor signings, too many tactical blunders and far, far too many shite performances over the piece.

I dont think there are many posters who think that Lennon WANTS us to go down or has chucked it because he knows he will be released at the end of his contract. Its just that most realise - for some its taken two seasons - that he is not able to manage a football team in the top league, recognise bad players when he signs them, change the course of a game, or have the ability to try and explain his failures in everyday English.

I`m sure its nothing personal against the man, but too many people invest too much time and money for this shambles to continue. Most weekends have been spoilt for a couple of years with the same regular defeats and the same cliched football-speak that emanates from the managers mouth. Long overdue for a change I`m afraid and who knows , the next chap may even be able to win three games in a row !

For my money, (though I have never been his greatest fan) it makes no sense to pillory him because of failings in his communication with the meedjah.

He is decent, calm and offers platitudes, which is ALL you can do when you are answering the same silly questions time and again. There can be no right thing to say after a defeat.

He has improved a million since his early days.

If he is to be faulted let it be on his management of the team. He does recognise bad players, as we have seen in his ruthless ability to jettison them.

At the w/e I had faint glimmers of disquiet when Campbell was left on the bench so long after a long-term injured Teale came on. I still can't understand THAT bit of management.

I agreed with slash above, and his reasoning: DL is there till at least the season's end. He's Saints manager and should be supported by the club's fans.

It is highly unlikely that the BoD will do anything between now and the end of the season with regards DL position.

- the playing budgets are normally set at finishing 11th in league and getting knocked out of both cups in the first round

- money has been given to him in January with a view to finishing above the 11th place play off

- paying off DL will cost the BoD even more money - it's not just his wages - you have to include all his backroom staff

- if the BoD were to pay off the manager - there is the cost of hiring new staff with no guarantee that will be successful

Personally I don't think we will see any changes. The BoD has been down this route before.

They will look at the current worst case scenario - which is probably a play-off place (as I don't think Hearts will catch us up) and feel that the squad should have enough over two legs to stay up.

Many of us who go every week have lost faith with DL - but we need to accept that he is here until the end of the season and focus on supporting the team he puts out on the field.

So I will lead with the first song....

"Danny Lennon's Yellow and Black Army" - seems we play with that strip more often than not these days.

I'd say the BoD will be rubbing their hands at a couple of sell out home games to avoid the play-off... then another during the play-off... Danny might get a bonus oot of this yet!

There you have it, alcohol makes you post unbelievable nonsense.

You should take Peroni to court.

A loss this weekend will be 4 straight defeats for us, say we lose the weekend after that and it's 5, not looking good for him is it, he's had more than his fair share of chances to turn this shambles around. His record since the cup final is embarrassing.

A loss this weekend will be 4 straight defeats for us, say we lose the weekend after that and it's 5, not looking good for him is it, he's had more than his fair share of chances to turn this shambles around. His record since the cup final is embarrassing.

Wait, you said "that may change if we lose heavily this weekend though" and now, only minutes later you're stretching it to the weekend after?

Dearie me.

Oh, the "since the cup final" line AGAIN?

Nobody with any sense is happy with our current plight, but you and others have been bleating on, and I use the word bleating very carefully, for fcuking ages about getting rid of Lennon.

IF it happens no doubt you'll be giving it the "I told you so" but you've been telling us so for fcuking months.

Even "change the record" is overused for your posts JJ.

Wait, you said "that may change if we lose heavily this weekend though" and now, only minutes later you're stretching it to the weekend after?

Dearie me.

Nobody with any sense is happy with our current plight, but you and others have been bleating on, and I use the word bleating very carefully, for fcuking ages about getting rid of Lennon.

IF it happens no doubt you'll be giving it the "I told you so" but you've been telling us so for fcuking months.

In some cases, BEFORE the cup final!

Dearie me.

personally I can't blame fans for having a go especially the ones there week in week out. Nothing will happen till the end of the season.

Anyhoo, I think I'm about ready to squeeze one out. Now, where is that jiffy bag...?

I shouldn't have got intae that wee discussion.

The following ad has been chasing me.

I can't quite see the relevance...

>
<
Why this ad?
cleardot.gif
Compare Life Cover - choosemonkey.co.uk/Life-Cover - Stop Wasting Time. Compare Life Cover Quotes In A Jiffy. Easy!

9listen everyone its time to calm down, we all love the saints, we have all seen managers pass there sell by date from alex miller too dave hay /gus ,nothing is going to happen till end off season ,that it so it time for the fans forget about lennon, he is yesterdays hero .

come saturday and every other match day one thing should be on our minds and thats coys....

we have good players it time for they to pull there socks and fight for every second

and every ball , its 11 v11 at start of every game ,the leaders on the park thommo, goodwin,must have the team up for the challenge .lennon in the dugout is not going to do this so its up to every player wearing the famous black & white .us fans need this show off effort at every game ,till end off season .

message to every fan its up to us its our club

we are st mirren not Bod ,or manager

keep the faith

not so mad saint still love the saints from first day i supported them 30 odd years and counting.

No I said that Lennon's record has been mixed but generally poor throughout his tenure - you're the one devising tenuous examples that have already been covered whilst changing your own opinion as to whether the seasons in question should be considered very successful or merely successful and omitting references to points you raise in your posts. It's hard work dealing with you............

I'm satisfied that what I posted makes sense - it's clearly you who's struggling with your grammar and English comprehension in general. I'm sure you no longer understand what you're on about...................:1eye

Looking forward to the next round.......................

Hahahaha you're at it!

If I cared enough I'd go back and quote what you said but I can't be bothered and we both know really.

I shouldn't have got intae that wee discussion.

The following ad has been chasing me.

I can't quite see the relevance...

>
<
Why this ad?
cleardot.gif
Compare Life Cover - choosemonkey.co.uk/Life-Cover - Stop Wasting Time. Compare Life Cover Quotes In A Jiffy. Easy!
I wouldn't go for it. Sounds like a sh!te package if you ask me.