Lennon Out

Blame for EVERYTHING, if you care to read.

Obviously he has to carry the can, but the players, and to a certain extent, the board have a part to play I our current situation.

HE got credit for the league cup, so Thommos almost god like status was a figment of my imagination?

Can't have it all one way to justify your "opinion".

Did I say he got all the credit?

Ultimately he is to blame for everything...I'll repeat it.

He is given a budget, which I can't image has float or a risk pot. He has to create float and manage risk, I.e. by not using all the budget in August or signing a midfielder when Stevie Wonder can see we need a centre back. When he came in he made numerous comments about knowing his budget and being in control. He can't be blamed for injuries, but could be for not having cover. Can't be blamed for Harkins nit changing, but can for having the ego to think he could change him. Nobody else released players, nobody else constantly plays players out of position and nobody else picks up the phone to agents and goes "oooooooh, he's good in football manager...I'll take him".

Oh and he also got lucky in the Cup. McLean was out, Isma signed and Hearts didn't finish us off during the first 30 or so when we were absolutely shite. You just don't get that luck for every single one of our 38 league games.

My challenge to Danny is to put away the match of the day highlights, select a way to play and stop our "identity" from being gutless pushovers.

He is given a budget, which I can't image has float or a risk pot. He has to create float and manage risk, I.e. by not using all the budget in August or signing a midfielder when Stevie Wonder can see we need a centre back. When he came in he made numerous comments about knowing his budget and being in control. He can't be blamed for injuries, but could be for not having cover. Can't be blamed for Harkins nit changing, but can for having the ego to think he could change him. Nobody else released players, nobody else constantly plays players out of position and nobody else picks up the phone to agents and goes "oooooooh, he's good in football manager...I'll take him".

Oh and he also got lucky in the Cup. McLean was out, Isma signed and Hearts didn't finish us off during the first 30 or so when we were absolutely shite. You just don't get that luck for every single one of our 38 league games.

My challenge to Danny is to put away the match of the day highlights, select a way to play and stop our "identity" from being gutless pushovers.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Oh aye, lucky beating Aberdeen away, lucky beating Celtic in their favourite ground and thumping 3 past Hearts in a final. 1eye.gif

bye1.gif

The cup win was doubtlessly glorious and my best ever day supporting the Saints.

It showed what the team what the squad was capable of. However it served to make the abysmal league form all the more frustrating. How could a team who can play that well in 5 one off games finish 11th in the league?

I have no idea, but we somehow managed it.

The cup win was doubtlessly glorious and my best ever day supporting the Saints.

It showed what the team what the squad was capable of. However it served to make the abysmal league form all the more frustrating. How could a team who can play that well in 5 one off games finish 11th in the league?

Hearts not scoring 3 in the first 30 was a phenomenal help.

I've never denied it was a glorious win, but anyone claiming we weren't lucky must fast forward the first half hour.

Riiiiight, so a penalty shoot out win and penalty save isn't lucky...

Swings and roundabouts. Sure, Hearts were the better team for thirty minutes, but Ryan Stevenson was lucky his shot deflected off Dummett for their opener.

Could argue the toss all day and end up back at the beginning. Celtic were certainly lucky to be awarded a penalty in the semi final for example.

Who really cares? It all ended up nicely and we won the cup fair and square.

Hearts not scoring 3 in the first 30 was a phenomenal help.

I've never denied it was a glorious win, but anyone claiming we weren't lucky must fast forward the first half hour.

Every cup win carries a measure of luck. Ours was no more or no less than any other cup win.

The Aberdeen game we were actually unlucky. We were completely the better side before conceding an injury time equaliser and were denied a stonewall penalty in extra time.

The Celtic game we were also on the wrong end of a very soft penalty decision, we doubtlessly deserved to win that match however, and we did.

Didn't see anything lucky or unlucky about the final, most Hearts fans admit they were beaten by the better team on the day.

I've been careful what I've wished for here and really kept backing Danny as long as I could but the facts speak for themselves - we're in a bad way. I enjoyed the tippy tappy stuff a couple of years back, while not always successful, it was pleasant watching us play football and when it worked - it was a joy. The cup win then papered over some very deep cracks and he got the benefit of a big doubt but this season has been pure pain.

I think the problem is 2 fold - the board quite clearly don't want to invest at all - the close season was a disaster - was that all Danny or was it the board, probably both tbh, the board being tight and Danny playing his cards wrong. We got rid of so many players with no guarantee of replacements, now lets face it - Sam Parkin, Lewis Guy, Douie Imrie etc were not the calibre I'd really want here but they offered depth, competition and were St.Mirren players - not loans.

The January transfer window was similar, removing some players and bringing in Djemba-Djemba and to be fair the jury's still out on this one.

My fear for getting rid of Danny was what will we get instead - Tommy Craig - both say they share the same philosophy on football. God help us if we replace one with another, remember the Caughlin era!

Can't really see how this one will play out, lose on Sat and I think it will be hard for hom to see the season out, perform miracles and he'll get to the end of the season with a thanks for the help now on you go.

The sale of the club is not helping either - total limbo land with that fans paying week in, week out to watch a distanced board provide scraps and a threadbare squad.

You are a barrel of laughs! We are all hurting. Opinions are opinions. Rather than us all pulling in different directions, get behind the team, make some noise and hope for the best. There aren't that many of us sadly and we need everyone behind the players, team, coaches, manager etc for the good times and the bad. We've been through worse and we'll get through this.

I fear your dislike of DL is clouding a very special moment in Saints history. You may never get a day like the League Cup final for a lifetime. We were amazing. Yes we rode our luck but all cup winning teams do. We've only done it 4 times in 137 years so let your dislike go.

DL will go at some point, but to all those who thought he lacked passion, why is he being cited by the SFA? He backed his players very vocally and from the touch line...Surely that's what you've all wanted? Now the players themselves have to step it up!

Jesus. What a dour c**t you are.

I've been careful what I've wished for here and really kept backing Danny as long as I could but the facts speak for themselves - we're in a bad way. I enjoyed the tippy tappy stuff a couple of years back, while not always successful, it was pleasant watching us play football and when it worked - it was a joy. The cup win then papered over some very deep cracks and he got the benefit of a big doubt but this season has been pure pain.

I think the problem is 2 fold - the board quite clearly don't want to invest at all - the close season was a disaster - was that all Danny or was it the board, probably both tbh, the board being tight and Danny playing his cards wrong. We got rid of so many players with no guarantee of replacements, now lets face it - Sam Parkin, Lewis Guy, Douie Imrie etc were not the calibre I'd really want here but they offered depth, competition and were St.Mirren players - not loans.

The January transfer window was similar, removing some players and bringing in Djemba-Djemba and to be fair the jury's still out on this one.

My fear for getting rid of Danny was what will we get instead - Tommy Craig - both say they share the same philosophy on football. God help us if we replace one with another, remember the Caughlin era!

Can't really see how this one will play out, lose on Sat and I think it will be hard for hom to see the season out, perform miracles and he'll get to the end of the season with a thanks for the help now on you go.

The sale of the club is not helping either - total limbo land with that fans paying week in, week out to watch a distanced board provide scraps and a threadbare squad.

Why are you so desperate to devalue every achievement?

We get so few good days.

Why the f**k can't you just enjoy that one Cup run without picking it to shreds?

Because it means he has to give the manager some credit. It's the one thing he can't take away from him, so he tries to devalue it at every turn. And he isn't alone. It's totally pathetic.

How many times has Lennon said those things in the last couple of years, "the talking has to stop " "this football clubs reputation" etc etc ? He trots out the same recycled garbage every week, usually in an incomprehensible fashion a la Charlie Nicholas.

I cringe every time the man appears on radio with his mealy mouthed platitudes and tiresome excuses.

I am prepared to give him credit for winning the League Cup, but the rest has been a shambles, and in particular since January 2013. Please just leave now while there is still a chance of saving the situation.

Edited by Froggie

How many times has Lennon said those things in the last couple of years, "the talking has to stop " "this football clubs reputation" etc etc ? He trots out the same recycled garbage every week, usually in an incomprehensible fashion a la Charlie Nicholas.

I cringe every time the man appears on radio with his mealy mouthed platitudes and tiresome excuses.

I am prepared to give him credit for winning the League Cup, but the rest has been a shambles, and in particular since January 2013. Please just leave now while there is still a chance of saving the situation.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Imagine that. 1eye.gif