Lennon Out

Surely the most sensible thing would be to put Lennon on gardening leave until his contract is up.

He gets paid for another couple of months and we get someone in who (hopefully) knows what he's doing.

No shape to the team at all tonight. None of the midfielders seemed to know where they were supposed to be playing. Also, Magennis is not a footballer.

For all your excessive posts about Lennon for an excessive amount of time I give you credit for seeing things in a reasonably balanced view.

You should have been there tonight, it wasn't the fact that we were off form that was the worry it was the total and utter lack of fight that was the real concern. Saint Johnstone won it by a distance, the score line flattered us. If this is the efforts of team fighting for their life we're in deep sh*t.

It doesn't matter how good the squad is, if the team lack fight then I'm afraid their tea is out. I've actually got past the point of thinking Danny should go. It would appear he will see things out to the end of the season. If he was going to be bagged it should have been done weeks ago.

Well, just exactly what did winning the league cup cost is.

Seems to me the tools were put away long ago and a certain bloated belief in our own ability was fostered, very wrongly. DL believed he was a tactical genius , also the cup win extended his credibility in many people's eyes, notably no few journalists.

Many many fans have seen throw the brittle limitations of our team though, the ridiculous efforts in the transfer windows, the deployment of central mid fielders in all sorts of positions across the team. Can I really believe that an injury to Gary Teale has see us struggle so much this season . Wow !

Anyway, what's to be done......all is certainly not lost.

However! worst case, we lose very game between now and the play offs, , even then we 'still only ' have to see off a lower league team.

Point is, I don't think we can afford the man in charge of that fixture to be DL.

Enough is enough, tonight , I was so low during the game, I even felt many of the players were toiling , they looked leg weary, and frankly, a beaten lot.

Context, this was ST Johnstone ffsake that bossed us tonight at home, in a nothing game for them........... Terrible, there are no excuses.

This has been a slow slow progressive implosion, done, in true classic ST MIrren FC style. It' s quite remarkable IMO the suffering this team can conspire to inflict on it's fans.

Blame the chairman not Danny

Manager should have been removed long ago

Agree Stuart Gilmour is responsible for the shambles that we are today.

How many games have the players signed to rescue our season (Stephan Bahoken, Adam Campbell and Eric Djemba Djemba) played ???

Whilst McGregor at Ross County stated he would do everything he could to ensure his team would stay up and did. Gilmour's main interest has been selling the club and his failure to remove Lennon is about to come back and bite him big time. Also, Gilmour has rubber stamped the centre half fiasco that involves Cheesy, he plays every week because his dad is a director rubber stamped by the chairman.

Saints are sinking but we have 21 points to play for and we can still stay up. The players need to sort it out also they are hanging Danny out to dry. What happened to Kello?

We could put our hands over our eyes and fail to see the utter failure of the management team and choose to continue to make such statements.

Yes 21 points are still up for grabs for us as they are for the teams above us. The fact is we are now hot favourites for that play off place and this failing and unchanging formula can no longer be tolerated. That performance tonight was disgraceful, the starting 11 and the set up of the team was disgraceful, the lack of idea from our failed manager is disgraceful and the position our team currently find themselves in is disgraceful.

That little daft man does not have the ability to overcome his shortcomings and I am afraid we will only see the same failing and predictable dross until he is removed or we are relegated. Our team under wee daftie must be the easiest to play against in the entire league and it needs to change immediately.

Edited by TediousTom

Well that was unbearable to watch at times... I have defended cheesy a number of times but Christ almighty he was a disgrace tonight. Kelly got ripped to shreds time after time also.

The most sickening thing about tonight was the lack of desire and concentration. Every game is a must win and the players just didn't seem to give a shit tonight. We as supporters were cheated having to go and watch that pish!

Yet again we look to the next game but what's Danny gonna do probably f**k all and we will get beat but at least we have a "magnificent" football club. Stop the niceties Danny and go in tomorrow and give them all a boot in the baws!!!

Tonight was extremely painful to watch and the players didn't look like they were playing to keep manager in a job. Also noticed that Thompson was not showing any role of a captaincy like what Goodwin does. Basically get Lennon out cos we will differently not win up at Inverness this weekend which was widen the gap no doubt at bottom.

punk.gif

Agree Stuart Gilmour is responsible for the shambles that we are today.

How many games have the players signed to rescue our season (Stephan Bahoken, Adam Campbell and Eric Djemba Djemba) played ???

Whilst McGregor at Ross County stated he would do everything he could to ensure his team would stay up and did. Gilmour's main interest has been selling the club and his failure to remove Lennon is about to come back and bite him big time. Also, Gilmour has rubber stamped the centre half fiasco that involves Cheesy, he plays every week because his dad is a director rubber stamped by the chairman.

You sound like Saltcoats Saint ? Unfortunately You don't have enough savvy to realise that as a Football Team we are Completely consistent at being inconsistent ? We are St Mirren Fc, FFs deal with It. punk.gif

Edited by Bud Bundy

I've been very patient after my wobble earlier in the season, probably because I haven't been to too many away games so I haven't had to endure it all week in week out.

The cup game at Tannadice left me feeling sick such was the meek capitulation but I was still prepared to give Danny the benefit that he would turn it around.

Tonight however was a step too far. That's now 11 defeats from the 14 games we have played in 2014.

It was a huge kick in the balls to see a St.Johnstone team with little to play for, and missing their best player, absolutely batter us. Had it been 4 or 5 I don't think we could have complained.

They wanted it more than we did and that is absolutely unforgiveable. It was absolutely abysmal.

The players should have a look at themselves too but ultimately the manager is responsible.

Sadly for me, I'm out. Lennon must go.

Div, Couldn't agree more Sums my feelings up completely

That performance has left me feeling completely flat , not one single positive we can take out of it and to me Danny looked like a man who knew his time is up.

The Board must act now to give us any chance at all of staying up because with Danny lennon at the helm I genuinely cannot see us winning a play off against an in form first div side, I also think it is a shambolic situation to be in having a manager at helm who has no idea whether he Is staying or going at this stage of the season

Edited by gazmc83

Tonight no fight, no guile, no leadership, no goal scorers, still fannying around at the back and I would give the wee saints their credit as wily opposition. Progression or regression since League Cup win a year ago ? No. Some lovely touches from a few of our talented players but poor results the norm . Great fans deserve better from the club they love. Anybody know Isma's phone number ?

it would be more than that, it would take a decent compromise payment to keep him out of a tribunal

Not sure I understand that, unless you're aware of something the rest of us aren't. His contract is up at the end of the season so we put him on gardening leave and continue to pay him for that couple of months. He gets no less than he is contractually obliged to receive. Why would this go to tribunal?

I appreciate and share the frustration mate but it's not the worst team in years, not even close.

All things considered that was the worst home performance since we were promoted. Danny this morning saying he's puzzled by that performance ! WTF !