Lennon Out

As mentioned by NeilPar72 and contained within my reply to his post the potential of being in a lower position at the end of the first "quarter" of next season than we finish this one.

If you are pursuing the obtuse line of argument that it's not my decision to take then that invalidates any and all constructive suggestions that might be suggested within the forum and we might as well leave it to the likes of shull & faraway saint.

Whereas we can listen to the repetitive "facts" that you post at every opportunity. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Please somebody don't mention Mair. 1eye.gif

or transfers..............

or team formations that you don't agree with................

or substitutes....................

and "liking" every post Isabella makes...............lol.gif

bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

the way i see it is wins against hibs and motherwell and that team who turned up were superb. Then we go to Partick Thistle and get hopefully just a blip in our performance. Danny Lennon on the sidelines doing a bit of shouting and I think it is because the pressure is of him now. he knows he is going probably already knows his replacement and is respectfull enough not to say. I am glad he is going but I think it is time to just let him finish now and wish him well

As mentioned by NeilPar72 and contained within my reply to his post the potential of being in a lower position at the end of the first "quarter" of next season than we finish this one.

If you are pursuing the obtuse line of argument that it's not my decision to take then that invalidates any and all constructive suggestions that might be suggested within the forum and we might as well leave it to the likes of shull & faraway saint.

What I'm saying is all you're risking is a wee bit disappointment. The board who are making this decision are risking losing a lot of money not to mention players and staff at the club's jobs. The decision at the end of the season is a huge decision and one that shouldn't be taken lightly.

If we finish 7th this year our last 3 seasons will be:

Our best league position in 23 years

Our first cup in 26 years

and our best league position in 25 years.

Can we really sack Lennon after that?

There are a few hell bent on sacking him come what may.

There are a few hell bent on sacking him come what may.

Asking a group of fans about a managers future is always going to be subjective. Personally I love to read fellow buddies opinions, we all count or no one counts as far as I'm concerned. However I do think it is worth once again, as others have done before me, urging caution on the use of the word 'sacking'. Regardless of whether Danny Lennon remains in charge of our club he will not be sacked, his contract will either run to a natural conclusion as agreed when he signed it, or he will be invited to sign another contract. There is a massive difference with regard to employment law, but also to the key parties involved, be it Danny or indeed our Board.

Danny's contract is up in June. It is not a question of the man being sacked, his contract will be honored. The question is whether the Board wish to award Danny with a new contract, or invite others to apply for what will be an open position at St Mirren Football Club.

Asking a group of fans about a managers future is always going to be subjective. Personally I love to read fellow buddies opinions, we all count or no one counts as far as I'm concerned. However I do think it is worth once again, as others have done before me, urging caution on the use of the word 'sacking'. Regardless of whether Danny Lennon remains in charge of our club he will not be sacked, his contract will either run to a natural conclusion as agreed when he signed it, or he will be invited to sign another contract. There is a massive difference with regard to employment law, but also to the key parties involved, be it Danny or indeed our Board.

Danny's contract is up in June. It is not a question of the man being sacked, his contract will be honored. The question is whether the Board wish to award Danny with a new contract, or invite others to apply for what will be an open position at St Mirren Football Club.

A very measured and sensible analysis.

You have no place in this forum!

My views on the manager haven't changed but I think the time to review the season is once it's finished.

We have momentum on the pitch, the fans and the players are together, that's the most important thing right now.

If we finish 7th this year our last 3 seasons will be:

Our best league position in 23 years

Our first cup in 26 years

and our best league position in 25 years.

Can we really sack Lennon after that?

Personally, I'd say no.

Whereas we can listen to the repetitive "facts" that you post at every opportunity. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Yes you can, I've no intention on going away. bootyshake.gif

What I'm saying is all you're risking is a wee bit disappointment. The board who are making this decision are risking losing a lot of money not to mention players and staff at the club's jobs. The decision at the end of the season is a huge decision and one that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Gee, I wasn't aware of this.

FWIW it's still a risk I would take.

Edited by Bud the Baker