Lennon Out

Why would you want Thompson worrying about anything other than putting the ball in the back of the net?

Why would you want Goodwin concerned with anything but his job? (which he did brilliantly yesterday)

Do they consult each other on the pitch before making tactical decisions, substitutions etc?

Or do they decide that one of them stays in the dugout and doesn't play?

It is a quite ridiculous suggestion in my opinion, which could only harm their individual performances. What are the benefits?

Craig Brewster did a great job as player / manager at Inverness. Indeed they were far more successful when he played than when he didn't.

Brewster was found out as a manager once he stopped playing!

I also remember Kenny Dalglish winning the double with Liverpool as player / manager.

It can be done.

We could finish 7th in the League - our highest position in the SPL/SPFL. Would that change anyone's opinion on whether Danny goes or stays?

The constant pish defending is down to the coaching monday to friday, ie utter failure.

Just look how Tony Pulis has sorted out the Crystal Palace back four.

He has had his chance

Not in a million years

To be fair in a million years no-one will be calling for the head of our manager as no-one will remember him nor any of us who have been doing the calling. It is also entirely possible that the human race as a whole will not even exist let alone a few Paisley folk still bemoaning the quite bemonable perfomance of the much bemoaned Daniel Lennon.

That said my opinion has been set and I want us to be shot of him at the earliest.

That said I also wish no ills of Daniel Lennon and I too wish him and his young assistant Tommy all the best for the future but shot of him I still wish us to be.

That said I understand the viewpoint that many have adopted whereby we stick with Daniel to the end of the season but I still want shot of him at the earliest.

To be fair in a million years no-one will be calling for the head of our manager as no-one will remember him nor any of us who have been doing the calling. It is also entirely possible that the human race as a whole will not even exist let alone a few Paisley folk still bemoaning the quite bemonable perfomance of the much bemoaned Daniel Lennon.

That said my opinion has been set and I want us to be shot of him at the earliest.

That said I also wish no ills of Daniel Lennon and I too wish him and his young assistant Tommy all the best for the future but shot of him I still wish us to be.

That said I understand the viewpoint that many have adopted whereby we stick with Daniel to the end of the season but I still want shot of him at the earliest.

That a lot of shooting old timer

• 2 weeks later...

If we finish 7th or 8th is this grounds to give danny a new contract or should we look for a better manager?

IMO we should part company with danny wherever we finish this season.

Doesn't matter who the manager is, it's the same old story, we perform below par all season then come to life at the end when we're in danger of going down Edited by Big Yards

Nothing posted jpg because everyone knows we're stuck with that clown Lennon now until the end of the season and we are all apathetic

Apart from Shull, who thinks we're heading for 7th place.

Indeed, nice to see Shull is closer to the truth.

Come to think of it, you and the merry band of zoomers have been quiet recently, wonder why?

Only post when we lose and usually cant wait to post your purile shite?

Who rattled your cage?

I'd already stated I hoped we'd get another 3 points against Hibs and I was delighted we did. I hope we do the same on Friday night.

I also stated I still do not think Lennon is the man to take us forward in the future. That remains unchanged.

Prick.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Don't get angry, it's only your previous posts that prove you're a zoomer. bye1.gif

After some consideration I've decided you're a prick, I like this game. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Indeed, nice to see Shull is closer to the truth.

Come to think of it, you and the merry band of zoomers have been quiet recently, wonder why?

Only post when we lose and usually cant wait to post your purile shite?

It's a fine line betwixt 7th and 11th , we're down amongst the dead men yet we have arguably the best two young midfielders in Scotland in our side. We are underperforming on a regular basis and the finger is pointing at Danny !

It's a fine line betwixt 7th and 11th , we're down amongst the dead men yet we have arguably the best two young midfielders in Scotland in our side. We are underperforming on a regular basis and the finger is pointing at Danny !

I agree on our position, and it's not done yet but I did say early in the season, when some were already clamouring for the manager to go, the end of the season is time to take stock and any decisions should be made then.

I agree on our position, and it's not done yet but I did say early in the season, when some were already clamouring for the manager to go, the end of the season is time to take stock and any decisions should be made then.

What you say is right, Faraway, but speculation and football go hand in hand. Yesterday's speculation becomes today's fact quite often. Ask David Moyes. I don't think Danny will get a new contract, partly because I feel stronly our squad is capable of playing much better football on a regular basis than they have done but I also firmly believe that the rumours of some players causing difficulty in the dressing room are true. I've heard it from friends in Paisley who are fairly well connected and it has been said here too. I don't see that speculating on this forum is wrong when so much has already been said publicly.

What you say is right, Faraway, but speculation and football go hand in hand. Yesterday's speculation becomes today's fact quite often. Ask David Moyes. I don't think Danny will get a new contract, partly because I feel stronly our squad is capable of playing much better football on a regular basis than they have done but I also firmly believe that the rumours of some players causing difficulty in the dressing room are true. I've heard it from friends in Paisley who are fairly well connected and it has been said here too. I don't see that speculating on this forum is wrong when so much has already been said publicly.

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Sorry Rick, you're way off on another tangent.

I made no reference of any speculation, only the constant calls for the manager to go early in the season. huh.png

I see you are another with inside knowledge, I'm surprised there are any private details left in the club with the amount who are "in the know". laugh.png

Isn't it possible people just make stuff up? wink.png

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Sorry Rick, you're way off on another tangent.

I made no reference of any speculation, only the constant calls for the manager to go early in the season. huh.png

I see you are another with inside knowledge, I'm surprised there are any private details left in the club with the amount who are "in the know". laugh.png

Isn't it possible people just make stuff up? wink.png

I have never called for Danny to go and I think the way some guys have gone on is a disgrace but that doesn't change my honest opinion that his position is probably untenable. I don't know if anyone has made up stories but I believe my source who tells me that tension between Danny and some of the players has been on-going for quite some time. If that's true, something has to give. Danny's contract is up and we've not had a very good season. I don't know who is to blame but if either Danny has to go or a few players I know what I think will happen. Danny strikes me as a really nice guy who has done his best for St.Mirren and it's a damned shame but who said life has to be fair. The truth will come out eventually. It always does.

I would just add that my source has nothing to do with the B&W army. He has been a friend of mine for over fifty years and has been a season ticket holder for donkey's years.

If Danny leads saints to 7th then I believe he will be offered a new contract. He would have finished in our highest position and won a cup last year. I have not been his biggest fan but to be fair if he does this he might well have earned another year at this after the horrible winter we endured. I know I wanted a change but I am actually quite impressed with the way Mr Gilmour has stood by his man. It is a very uncommon thing these days for the board to allow time. Ok I know I am totally going against my usual rant but what a difference in our team in the past two games. Keep it up boys

If Danny leads saints to 7th then I believe he will be offered a new contract. He would have finished in our highest position and won a cup last year. I have not been his biggest fan but to be fair if he does this he might well have earned another year at this after the horrible winter we endured. I know I wanted a change but I am actually quite impressed with the way Mr Gilmour has stood by his man. It is a very uncommon thing these days for the board to allow time. Ok I know I am totally going against my usual rant but what a difference in our team in the past two games. Keep it up boys

Think the board sticking by Danny and before that Gus has been more down to not wanting to pay them off rather than loyalty! If you want time as a manager we're the club you want to be at, we give you every last day of your contract. We gave Gus about 4 years more than he should've had!

Edited by Big Yards

Knee-jerk reactions all season long

Think the board sticking by Danny and before that Gus has been more down to not wanting to pay them off rather than loyalty! If you want time as a manager we're the club you want to be at, we give you every last day of your contract. We gave Gus about 4 years more than he should've had!

Probably

Que Sera Sera

Happy clapper. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

lol.gif

Danny's had a good run at it, he's one of the longest serving managers in the country. 4 years is a long time in football. Sadly, he's not been able to kick on in either the cups or the league this season, so it's best for all parties if we all move on at the end of the season.

Danny's had a good run at it, he's one of the longest serving managers in the country. 4 years is a long time in football. Sadly, he's not been able to kick on in either the cups or the league this season, so it's best for all parties if we all move on at the end of the season.

Agreed, and hopefully Danny will have a decent addition to his CV to take forward.