Lennon Out

I've got to agree.

Why do these people who own a business think they have the Devine right to employ whoever they want?

Lol "Devine".

I`m not disputing their right to choose the manager, just stating that their last three choices have been pretty poor, just my opinion if thats all right.

Don't, he's thick as mince. 1eye.gif

He's one of the small, but stupid, band of zoomers who dislike the manager more than they support the team.

Makes you laugh really. lol.gif

See zoomer below. bye1.gif

Ah, the utterings of Sir Isaac Newton, a "fan" who describes anyone with a different opinion from someone with a wireless as a "zoomer" (whatever that may mean in English)

Maybe some day you might venture into town and ask someone to show you where the new ground is, lol.

It was pleasing to hear that we had an unhappy dressing room. We have been at the wrong end of the table all season so there should be friction between players and manager, it shows they care about what's happening.the rough times can bring you together, perhaps that's what happening now albeit almost too late. Giving some thought to Dannys position. This is a real dilemma if we finish 7th. I have wanted him out many times over the season, especially regarding transfers. But now I'm thinking give him one more season( I'd better duck now) I do think there is a good manager in there. Its just that sometimes when he gets it wrong it's monumental. He has got it very right at times and we've got some great performances and results. That's not flukey. Would any other premier team be happy to have him as their no 1? Probably not. maybe he is just punching above his weight and now is his time to bulk up over the close season and show he really has learned from his mistakes

Ah, the utterings of Sir Isaac Newton, a "fan" who describes anyone with a different opinion from someone with a wireless as a "zoomer" (whatever that may mean in English)

Maybe some day you might venture into town and ask someone to show you where the new ground is, lol.

You're funny. 1eye.gif

Oh, lol bye1.gif

PS There is another forum member who uses the same patter.......who is it now? lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I personally believe Lennon has done a good job with his time at St. Mirren however, I 100% believe his time is up.

If we stay up by winning 2 or 3 of our last 4 matches, I can see Danny Lennon being offered another 1 year contract, probably in the heat of the moment of our great end to the season.

It's a horrendous cliche, but I'd only get rid if we could attract/afford better. I'd want to know who else would be up for applying for the job first.

Only duffers, journeymen and orange-faced cunts who've been around the sunbed a few too many times? f**k no, give DL another season.

But if someone comes in with great contacts and good ideas, then let's give it a shot.

Haven't seen this mentioned before; but to add to the Gus vs. Danny debate....

Last week's win against Hibs meant that Danny overtook Gus in the number of wins the team has had in their 4 seasons in charge (35 vs. 34), with 4 games remaining!

All that and a cup too. Well done Danny! thumbup2.gif

ETA. Also FWIW, just noticed that the Hibs win also means Danny has surpassed Gus on points total also!.....151 vs. 148

Edited by ds10

wrt to DL staying for another year...

It could be argued that he has now learnt through (the fans') bitter experience HOW to manage in SPHell.

And that letting him go now that he has got the hang of the job, to be snapped up by one of Saints competitors, would be an almost Mair-like move.

I don't mind either way, should he stay or should he go...

Haven't seen this mentioned before; but to add to the Gus vs. Danny debate....

Last week's win against Hibs meant that Danny overtook Gus in the number of wins the team has had in their 4 seasons in charge (35 vs. 34), with 4 games remaining!

All that and a cup too. Well done Danny! thumbup2.gif

ETA. Also FWIW, just noticed that the Hibs win also means Danny has surpassed Gus on points total also!.....151 vs. 148

Just remember that Danny hasn't had to face R*ng*rs 3 times a season for two out of the four he's been here.

It's a horrendous cliche, but I'd only get rid if we could attract/afford better. I'd want to know who else would be up for applying for the job first.

Only duffers, journeymen and orange-faced cunts who've been around the sunbed a few too many times? f**k no, give DL another season.

But if someone comes in with great contacts and good ideas, then let's give it a shot.

Sounds fair

...we're down amongst the dead men yet we have arguably the best two young midfielders in Scotland in our side. We are underperforming on a regular basis and the finger is pointing at Danny !

... interesting that "arguably the best two young midfielders in Scotland" weren't nominated by their peers for the PFA Young player award, and will no doubt not get a mention when the sports writers give out their young player of the season award, and oh yes they never get a starting XI place in the Scotland U21 games.

PS other teams also have good young players eg Stevie May (St Johnstone), Ryan Gauld, Stuart Armstrong, Gary Mackay Steven, Robertson (Dundee United).

St Mirren's problems this season are down to the fact that as well as having good young prospects in the starting XI and the likes of Thompson, Goodwin, Teale in the squad we also have a fair amount of "filler" in the starting XI and first team squad (lots of players who would not be first picks at other clubs) with our defence being particularly suspect.

Pity he cant say that about the other old firm team ! For that shameful record alone - and it looks suspicious to me - he should be gone from SMP.

You're right - beating one of the Old Firm at Hampden in a national semi final is shameful.

Honestly, some bollocks spewed on here.

I've noticed that I'm very reactionary in regards to either wanting to keep Danny or wanting him to get the sack. On good runs, he should stay, on bad runs, he should go. I'm as inconsistent with my opinion as the team is with results!

Let's just see where we are at the end of the season.

seems to me here we go again get rid of danny why?. we have a bunch of players who if they get off their arses and do what they are paid to do we would not be in the position we are in. Danny has made mistakes and its so easy to blame him for everything , when the players actually turn up and play we look good. some players give 100 per cent every week and have to be commended , shame about the rest. could someone please tell me who is available to manage stmirren and do a better job .

You're right - beating one of the Old Firm at Hampden in a national semi final is shameful.

Honestly, some bollocks spewed on here.

The mention of Rangers was in a league context.I take it you are aware of Lennons league record against Celtic ? Do you have no comment on that ? THAT was what Im talking about, and I didnt spew it either.