Lennon Out

This season we've been put out of the League Cup by a Division 1 team and without the safety net of a Hearts youth team we would be probably not be in our current lofty 9th place.

Then Saints would be in a lofty 10th place, which I have been led to believe is NOT a play-off spot?

Despite that youth team taking so many points from Saints....

Danny said a few players let the standards they have set this season slip below that level? Eh what standards is that ? The season has been dross and if the standards had been higher we wouldn't complain. Fact is the football hasn't been great and the results are crap. If we go into the playoff I'm sure we would be favourites but I'm unsure we would win it

He won't be here next season but he won't be sacked before the end of the season, and I think that's the best thing for it to be honest. It's too late to bring in a new guy now.

I was of the opinion that Danny should have been sacked after the home loss to Thistle, and I believe we'd be in a better position now if he had been. Sadly the BoD decided to stick by him then and now we are stuck with him till the end of the season.

We are currently 9th so it's not like all hope of avoiding 11th is lost. Hopefully County and/or Thistle continue to be even worse than us for the final 3rd of the season, and then we can move into our new era next season in the Premiership.

I don't know if I'd agree with that, Lennon's record with us is a bit of a mixed bag - he's fallen short of my requirements in either the league or the cups in each of his four seasons in charge.

OMG he's fallen short of YOUR personal requirements.

Something must be done I tell you........

f**k sake get back on your perch...... lol.gif

It'll soon be the anniversary of 17/3/13.

Still got all the newspapers ( 10 of them ) from 18/3/13.

I might have a wee special morning again, reading and reliving the day.

Another tearfest in my Taxi.

I'll be re-living the League Cup win forever too - by sticking on the DVD from time to time and getting goosebumps again at Thommo's reaction to scoring, the 'Newtonnnnn!' commentary, and Carey booting the ball to the heavens at the whistle.

The same as I do with my recordings of the 1987 cup final. Goosebumps at the goal, at the crowd reaction, at Aber' lifting the cup.

Remind me though, what happened to the manager who delivered the 1987 cup win, and why. History WILL repeat itself if a cup win is followed by sustained shiteness in the league.

See also John Collins at Hibs or any other number of managers. You can't accuse SG of being an unrealistic axe-weilding owner either. He gives managers a fair run at it.

See also John Collins at Hibs or any other number of managers. You can't accuse SG of being an unrealistic axe-weilding owner either. He gives managers a fair run at it.

Got to agree. This is Lennon's fourth year and after a promising 2nd year, the last two have gone from bad to worse.

What's been the worst thing for me has been the apparent lack of ideas, for the last few transfer windows this year in particular this year. It appears that not only are things getting steadily worse, Danny doesn't really seem to know what to do about it.

And with Donnachie leaving Newcastle, could that not be our 'close' relationship with them up in smoke?

We have the option of giving Lennon until the end of the season , and keeping him in post for another year ,or just terminating his contract at the end of the season .

Or we could sack him and put senior players in post . Goodwin doing post match interviews sounds an interesting prospect.

Wondering if Danny is too nice and refs just book Saints players too easily because he will just accept it . 7 fouls and four bookings sums up what refs think of us .

We need to get a bit streetwise on the park , and use every trick in the book , including moaning at the ref all the time.

And highlighting how teams are throwing themselves about against us to get players sent off , and how the BbC hate us as well ( there was enough quality from Djemba Djemba to show a clip of , but they chose to show the bad bits.

Everyone hates us

Hoping Danny can learn to wind a few managers up , and start speaking up for the wonderful fans who follow the Saints , otherwise refs will continue to give us nothing

We have the option of giving Lennon until the end of the season , and keeping him in post for another year ,or just terminating his contract at the end of the season .

Or we could sack him and put senior players in post . Goodwin doing post match interviews sounds an interesting prospect.

Wondering if Danny is too nice and refs just book Saints players too easily because he will just accept it . 7 fouls and four bookings sums up what refs think of us .

We need to get a bit streetwise on the park , and use every trick in the book , including moaning at the ref all the time.

And highlighting how teams are throwing themselves about against us to get players sent off , and how the BbC hate us as well ( there was enough quality from Djemba Djemba to show a clip of , but they chose to show the bad bits.

Everyone hates us

Hoping Danny can learn to wind a few managers up , and start speaking up for the wonderful fans who follow the Saints , otherwise refs will continue to give us nothing

Good sentiment, but unfortunately leopards don't change their spots (do they?). Danny is far too soft and his interviews are laughable. I'm afraid that we need a new manager to get the players fired up and install a bit of steel into our team because apart from McGregor, Goodwin and McGinn, we get bullied off the park every week without fail.

Got to agree. This is Lennon's fourth year and after a promising 2nd year, the last two have gone from bad to worse.

What's been the worst thing for me has been the apparent lack of ideas, for the last few transfer windows this year in particular this year. It appears that not only are things getting steadily worse, Danny doesn't really seem to know what to do about it.

And with Donnachie leaving Newcastle, could that not be our 'close' relationship with them up in smoke?

The last two have gone from bad to worse? Aye, winning that National cup competition was f**king shite.

The last two have gone from bad to worse? Aye, winning that National cup competition was f**king shite.

2012/13 will go down as one of St Mirrens greatest seasons, well at least until SG sells the club to some mega rich businessman from Vietnam who will sign players like Aguero and put the prices up meaning watching St Mirren is no longer affordable to the working class fans, I'll be along at Pollok or Queens Park to make sure I can still use all the black and white merchandise I have when that happens.

and how the BbC hate us as well ( there was enough quality from Djemba Djemba to show a clip of , but they chose to show the bad bits.

Everyone hates us

Enough of this, you sound like an old firm fan

In the league our form last season was poor, including a dreadful run-in which we almost capitulated to a very poor Dundee team.

And we had a 17 point lead with 10 games to play, or something like that.

Winning a cup was great but this only winning 5 games (only 3 of them against SPL clubs) and I'm sure this saved Danny's job last year.

If we play as badly in the run-in this season we will definitely be headed for the play-off spot.

And does Danny have it in him to fire the team up sufficiently for a relegation play off? I'm not convinced.

Utter bollocks , and you and usual Danny arse lickers know it !

Really? One person started a thread hoping for relegation to get rid of the manager - that appears to back up my point. If you read any of my posts you won't see any "arse-licking" as you like to put it, but a more balanced view than many. Apologies to those - like yourself - who struggle to see in anything but black and white, but there is always a grey area.

McGowan, McLean,Newton,Kello,Goodwin,McGinn , Thompson, Campbell, all quality players who are not producing the goods. I think the manager needs to explain why. These players are not delivering and fast. Would Stuart McCall or terry butcher put up with under achieving players? Not when the players are as talented as this bunch. I think they have stopped responding to Danny! Six wins in the league and one cup win in a reply isn't good enough even for our wee team.

McGowan, McLean,Newton,Kello,Goodwin,McGinn , Thompson, Campbell, all quality players who are not producing the goods. I think the manager needs to explain why. These players are not delivering and fast. Would Stuart McCall or terry butcher put up with under achieving players? Not when the players are as talented as this bunch. I think they have stopped responding to Danny! Six wins in the league and one cup win in a reply isn't good enough even for our wee team.

Dearie me, are you having a laugh?

McGinn & Thompson apart, and he's missed some stinkers this season, the rest you mention "quality" players?

How do you define quality as I would have said playing above average more than every blue moon would have been close than just coming out with an unsubstantiated comment?

Quality players are exactly that, they play well week in, week out.

You surely can't be blaming the manager for the amount of games that this lot you mention play very poorly, can you?

Maybe he should look to the bench then and would enjoy your support in dropping the 7 players you mention and trying out some U19 players in their place?