Lennon Out

We've won 7 in the 6 months of the season so far.

I assume you're now happy?

It was no trouble at all...

I will say this slow for you as you do not seem capable of counting.

August

September

October

November

December

January

February.

Now to me and the many with a few braincells on this forum except Faraway as he liked your post. lol. August to February = 7(seven) months, not 6(six).

And if you want to include cup games against lower lueague opposition into your equasion then fire in.

So thats 6(six) wins in 7(months) ya root.

So have you enjoyed your maths lesson..... It was no trouble at all....

Edited by jpg123

August

September

October

November

December

January

February.

Now to me and the many with a few braincells on this forum except Faraway as he liked your post. lol. August to February = 7(seven) months, not 6(six).

And if you want to include cup games against lower lueague opposition into your equasion then fire in.

Now we're done with maths, let's deal with English. 1eye.gif

The gift that never stops giving. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Easy way to fix this. Win a few games.

If ONLY this was true.

From past experience let me explain exactly what will happen if we win the next few games.

The thundering herd of moaners will use phrases like "papering over the cracks".

They'll all node sagely at each others wisdom whilst the rest of us try to work out WTF that phrase actually means in the context of a small football club.

Predictions will be made about how it won't matter anyway - how Danny will be released in the summer.

Someone will take all of our results since Danny came into the club, remove all of the inconvenient good results, apply a few random and meaningless criteria and then make grand and bold statements about how he's been the worst non-OF manager in games involving non-OF clubs since records began excluding OF games at weekends but not on Sunday afternoons at 12pm kick-offs where ex-OF but now non-OF players were involved in goals which occurred between the 61st and 83rd minutes. 3 people will "like" whoever posts that comment. All of those people will have seen their sons released by the under-19 squad - not because the boys are lazy and complacent or lacking skill but because they believe our entire backroom staff are specifically employed to give away every world beating player and to lose as many games as possible.

The longer Danny stays in his job, the shriller the voices of those who will become increasingly incredulous that SG isn't taking sole notice of their personal viewpoints until they can be heard only by sleeping bats in the Hebrides who will become so disturbed by the hgh pitched nasal wailing that the RSPCA are forced to step in to protect the furry blighters and allow them to get some much needed kip.

Did I miss anything?

What is simply not true? That I personally haven't seen any intelligent reasons? I'm sorry but it is true, I haven't.

Instead of telling me I'm wrong why not tell me your reasons for wanting him sacked?

Does ANYONE have ANY reason?

We can only start to debate once we have reason

I'm not advocating sacking anyone.

That being said the football on offer the past year and number of games won in that period would, in any historical footballing context, leave the manager under huge pressure and , in some cases, dusting down his CV.

I would think that this would be reason enough for questioning his position.

August

September

October

November

December

January

February.

Technically it's 6 and a half as our last game was pretty much exactly half way through February.

So you were as far out as he was.

Was I slow enough for you?

Generally speaking Saints have a pretty consistent record of moving managers on...... for various reasons.

The BoD's obviously think they are appointing the right person at the time and the soundbites that come from the new manager's mouth say much the same thing each time: "great opportunity, club with a great tradition, potential to challenge in the top 6 each year" etc, etc.

I can think back through lots of incumbents of the post and none come in and say; "I appreciate that the club and fans expect top 6 each year, or to win cups each year and that I will deliver this"...... no, if they read between the lines they know that they are taking on a provincial club, in the shadow of the Glasgow mafia and all they can push for is the odd period of sunshine.

My feelings about DL are that at times he and TC show nous and tactical awareness, and whilst they have worked to build a good squad of players, I don't think either get the best out of the limited squad consistently enough. The effective tactical approach is patchy to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Looking down through the ages, we tend to pick up the next manager from a club that is theoretically below us in the leagues, or from within, we never really bring a name to the club that has proved their credentials in another similarly sized club, or indeed one that is bigger than us. So if a manager is a success he heads off to larger pastures new, or if as a failure, we look to below to fill the gap.

I don't see that changing, and I suspect we won't see any change until at least the end of the season, ............. and by that time it may be too late!

August

September

October

November

December

January

February.

Have you finished? Shall I start showing up your lack of basic intellect?

The season started in August. When September came, that was a month of the season gone. October was 2 months into the season, November 3 and December 4 months into the season. January brought us 5 months into the season.

Can you guess how many months we are into the season this month (February)? We can quibble about exact dates, but what is not in any doubt whatsoever, is that we are not 7 months into the season.

Glad to be of help.

Technically it's 6 and a half as our last game was pretty much exactly half way through February.

So you were as far out as he was.

Was I slow enough for you?

The point he's struggling to understand is that even if we take it as 6 and a half months, we've still won more than a game a month, as was his request.

He's still no happy though...

Edited by Soctty

Why do people on this forum all having ago at each other ?, some want danny sacked some dont some are idiots that get a kick out off it. I say lets support the team and leave the sacking too the board, I dont care who is in the hot seat as long as the team win. Fair enough we have been pish this year and the only games we had any life in us was beating utd and hibs, yes I agree we should have our voices heard but it will not be until the end of the season.

There are a fair number of Danny Lennon supporters on this thread.

Here's a question for them; do you think he is a good manager?

seems like a number of questions, but here goes-Yes, he is a good manager. Bad managers don't win national trophies

Or maybe you think he is OK or competent or not that bad?

You'd have to show the difference between these three-they all seem the same to me

Do you think that there are better managers out there that we could have at Saints?

Undoubtedly, if we could afford their salary demands and their budgetary requirements then the sky is the limit in that respect

One way to judge a manager is by his signings. Now any time a manager signs new players he is taking a bit of a chance because he doesn't really know what they are going to be like.

That is one of the many ways, alongside style of play, record in competitons league placings and yout development (to name a few)

If I remember correctly Danny's first few signing were guys from Cowdenbeath where he had previously been manager, in other words he knew, or should've known, exactly what they were like. Despite that however they proved to be duds, not McGregor though, he's been good.

Good danny lennon signings include Thomson, Teale, Concalves, Newton, Dummett, McGowan, kello, Jury is out on Wylde, Magennis and Djemba

Now he may have failings in various aspect of football management, he may even have some assets as well for all I know, but his ability at identifying a potential Premier League Standard seems to be at best a bit hit and miss.

I think it's time for a change. Plenty will argue that winning the League Cup was a great achievement and like every other Saints fans I really enjoyed the day. But we defended the trophy by going out in the first round to a team from a lower league. Sadly that that was more symptomatic of performances and results under Lennon' s stewardship.

There is always a "but"

a bit of a sad post, very negatvie and extremely selective, using "but" to discount a trophy win shows how negative the world must seem to you

If ONLY this was true.

From past experience let me explain exactly what will happen if we win the next few games.

The thundering herd of moaners will use phrases like "papering over the cracks".

They'll all node sagely at each others wisdom whilst the rest of us try to work out WTF that phrase actually means in the context of a small football club.

Predictions will be made about how it won't matter anyway - how Danny will be released in the summer.

Someone will take all of our results since Danny came into the club, remove all of the inconvenient good results, apply a few random and meaningless criteria and then make grand and bold statements about how he's been the worst non-OF manager in games involving non-OF clubs since records began excluding OF games at weekends but not on Sunday afternoons at 12pm kick-offs where ex-OF but now non-OF players were involved in goals which occurred between the 61st and 83rd minutes. 3 people will "like" whoever posts that comment. All of those people will have seen their sons released by the under-19 squad - not because the boys are lazy and complacent or lacking skill but because they believe our entire backroom staff are specifically employed to give away every world beating player and to lose as many games as possible.

The longer Danny stays in his job, the shriller the voices of those who will become increasingly incredulous that SG isn't taking sole notice of their personal viewpoints until they can be heard only by sleeping bats in the Hebrides who will become so disturbed by the hgh pitched nasal wailing that the RSPCA are forced to step in to protect the furry blighters and allow them to get some much needed kip.

Did I miss anything?

Yes you did miss something, most of the fans will back the manager and hope that he's turned things around.

There are 3 camps.

1. The Danny haters who have made their mind up and will spout the stuff that you have written above should we go on a winning run. They will never give him credit for anything he has done.

2. The go with the flow fans, these are fans who will change their opinions as things develop. These are the majority of fans who at present think Danny has lost it but would only be too delighted to see him turn things around. They would certainly give Danny credit if we go on a winning run.

3. The rose tinted supporters, these are fans who refuse to accept that we are currently struggling and that the manager is struggling to turn things around. Indeed they even blame other supporters for our current plight rather than the manager.

I'm firmly in camp 2 and would be delighted if we went on a winning run. I would give Danny all the credit he was due and be the first to admit I was wrong.

Edited by Kendo

Have you finished? Shall I start showing up your lack of basic intellect?

The season started in August. When September came, that was a month of the season gone. October was 2 months into the season, November 3 and December 4 months into the season. January brought us 5 months into the season.

Can you guess how many months we are into the season this month (February)? We can quibble about exact dates, but what is not in any doubt whatsoever, is that we are not 7 months into the season.

Glad to be of help.

Season started on 3rd August. Today is 20th of February. So I guess we are more or less 6 and a half months into the season.

So you are both wrong!

What is REALLY not in doubt is that this has been a dreadful season!

Yes you did miss something, most of the fans will back the manager and hope that he's turned things around.

There are 3 camps.

1. The Danny haters who have made their mind up and will spout the stuff that you have written above should we go on a winning run. They will never give him credit for anything he has done.

2. The go with the flow fans, these are fans who will change their opinions as things develop. These are the majority of fans who at present think Danny has lost it but would only be too delighted to see him turn things around. They would certainly give Danny credit if we go on a winning run.

3. The rose tinted supporters, these are fans who refuse to accept that we are currently struggling and that the manager is struggling to turn things around. Indeed they even blame other supporters for our current plight rather than the manager.

I'm firmly in camp 2 and would be delighted if we went on a winning run. I would give Danny all the credit he was due and be the first to admit I was wrong.

You're very camp right enough.