Lennon Out

Mate, I'm genuinely not having a go here but I think you're missing the point some are trying to make. I said earlier in this thread that myself and four mates used to go every week homes and away and have trawled all over watching us get pumped by part time outfits and flirt with the old 2nd Division but the majority of us ( my mates, that is) are just fed up watching us play like this and it's been going on too long so we've started being selective about our away games. How long until I don't buy a season ticket and start choosing homes games? I don't know the answer to that but I would never have thought I'd have stopped going to away games a couple of seasons ago so who knows?

You're right. We're only 2 points off 8th but we're just not good to watch and I just don't see us finishing any higher than 10th to be honest. If we don't get some results soon then we're looking at needing a big result post split and I think we've been to that well too many times since we came back up. One of these years we'll likely come up short.

Good? Bad? It's all subjective but I enjoy watching us less at the moment than I have in a long time and that's the key for me and probably a good few others.

Yet when we were playing attractive expansive football, many posters on here were longing for us to resort back to this style of long ball game.

If you ignore the 15 point deduction, we are currently 3 points ahead of a Hearts team that have been playing their U20 team for the whole season.

It's simply not good enough.

We were awful at the end of last season and we haven't got any better this season.

Danny has had two unbelievably bad transfer windows since and buried his head in the sand during preseason which ended in a calamitous start to the league campaign.

Whether we avoid the playoffs or not, if I was running the club I would have to see that Danny has a clear plan of how he's going to get the

team out of this mess.

Otherwise time to call it a day.

The club is lacking in all departments are the moment, and this goes above the managers head. Our Board want out and thus the club is lacking any sort of leadership and direction. (Or at least that's how it appears publicly)

Is replacing Lennon with another lower league/untried at this level manager really going to solve our problems or unite the fans. (note some fans have wanted Danny gone since his first season). If Lennon, coming off a league cup isn't able to land his targets, and prepare properly for the season, it seems a lot to ask the new man to come in and rectify the clubs transfer window's flaw's.

Thommo looks tired enough just playing as a striker, I think asking him to take over coaching and management is nothing short of madness.

When we move on from Lennon, I'd like us to be able to appoint a manager with a bit of pedigree about themselves, at least at this level. Someone that is an obvious step up, and a statement of where the club wants to go. Are we able to afford such a manager, or able to attract one with the club in a state of flux, probably not. Sadly.

This is Lennon's poorest season in charge so far. Obviously it has not been good enough. He needs points quickly from the next 2 games, 4 at least.

Personally I'd like Lennon to turn it round, get points on the board and us safe in the league, with an 8th-10th finish. Which is still quite respectable for our club. I'd also quite like the board to come out and say that is not the sort of league campaign we want. Give Lennon a new 1 year deal, back him but let it be known privately and publicly that we want a Top 6 finish and challenge for Europe. Danny knows where he stands, the fans know the situation and the board show leadership and ambition (for everyone to see). Then should we fail to achieve that goal, the board can relieve Danny for not meeting targets set, and maybe an established manager will be willing to take a chance with us to further his career.

All wishful thinking I know, but hey ho.

Mate, I'm genuinely not having a go here but I think you're missing the point some are trying to make. I said earlier in this thread that myself and four mates used to go every week homes and away and have trawled all over watching us get pumped by part time outfits and flirt with the old 2nd Division but the majority of us ( my mates, that is) are just fed up watching us play like this and it's been going on too long so we've started being selective about our away games. How long until I don't buy a season ticket and start choosing homes games? I don't know the answer to that but I would never have thought I'd have stopped going to away games a couple of seasons ago so who knows?

You're right. We're only 2 points off 8th but we're just not good to watch and I just don't see us finishing any higher than 10th to be honest. If we don't get some results soon then we're looking at needing a big result post split and I think we've been to that well too many times since we came back up. One of these years we'll likely come up short.

Good? Bad? It's all subjective but I enjoy watching us less at the moment than I have in a long time and that's the key for me and probably a good few others.

I do get it tho,

I completely understand what you're saying and I respect your opinion.

Current form is not good. I agree. Is it enough to fire the manager? For me, no it's not.

With the players we have now we will win games. I expect a 7th or 8th place finish and I worry if we change management we will not get that

I do get it tho,

I completely understand what you're saying and I respect your opinion.

Current form is not good. I agree. Is it enough to fire the manager? For me, no it's not.

With the players we have now we will win games. I expect a 7th or 8th place finish and I worry if we change management we will not get that

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

The belief that we will lose the next 2 games, that we will be in the play off place and be relegated is utterly astonishing.

Like you said, we have a better squad than we've had all season, something that has been overlooked conveniently.

I'm reasonably confident we'll be safe and have the chance to finish 8th.

Time will tell.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

The belief that we will lose the next 2 games, that we will be in the play off place and be relegated is utterly astonishing.

Like you said, we have a better squad than we've had all season, something that has been overlooked conveniently.

I'm reasonably confident we'll be safe and have the chance to finish 8th.

Time will tell.

Me tae, in fact i'm very confident.

I'd wait until the end of the season because I'd see no good reason to risk a change AND pay compensation as well.

Changing a manager mid-season is a weakness brought on by panic.

I'm not prone to panicking.

You apparently are.

So are a few on here.

Please 're-read my post. I didn't suggest changing manager mid-season. Quite the opposite.

We're also 2 points off 11th, appear to be in freefall, have recently lost points to hearts, Kilmarnock,thistle and have a manager who has clearly lost his way and appears like a broken man in interviews.

After 21 games, we were 2 points above the play off place, 8 points behind 7th place.

Now, five games later, we are...2 points above the play off place, 8 points behind 7th place.

Where's this freefall we are in?

Edited by Soctty

Ha ha - win the next 2 games?

We've won 2 games in a row 5 times since Danny took over.

What possible reason would anyone think we can do it with the state we're in just now?

Bonkers levels of optimism.

(We've won 3 in a row once - and never in the league - and never had a better run than that. Danny must stay)

We won 4 games out of 5 in October/November, so we have had decent runs.

Are you Gladys or Ted in this imaginary camp world? :1eye

It's not imaginary it's real, you're firmly in camp 3. Can't see what's staring you in the face.

We are heading for a car crash, the next 2 games will be decisive on whether the driver survives. Personally I hope he does, realistically I'm not so sure. Fasten your seat belt.

It's not imaginary it's real, you're firmly in camp 3. Can't see what's staring you in the face.

We are heading for a car crash, the next 2 games will be decisive on whether the driver survives. Personally I hope he does, realistically I'm not so sure. Fasten your seat belt.

I've no idea what "camp 3" is and quite surprised you have the "super powers" to say what everybody "is" but I'll keep that in mind as I've a few decisions coming up that you can probably make for me.lol.gif

I've no idea what "camp 3" is and quite surprised you have the "super powers" to say what everybody "is" but I'll keep that in mind as I've a few decisions coming up that you can probably make for me.:lol

Support Lennon until the bitter end and go down with the ship, that is camp 3. Watch out for icebergs

Iceberg straight ahead!!

I think you'll find that one of the principles of debate is to look at an issue from a different perspective and by doing so perhaps develop a clearer understanding.

And FYI, although I'm also at work I can use any adjectives I want. However I choose to use the language of considered and respectful intercourse.

One of the principles of debate is to listen to what your opponent says and consider it, this precludes the need to continue to ask me the same question over and over.

If you are trying to expose me as a Danny lennon supporter then you are about 3 years too late with that

Sometimes a sweary is worth more than a hundred flowery terms, you should keep that in your armoury