Lennon Out

One of the principles of debate is to listen to what your opponent says and consider it, this precludes the need to continue to ask me the same question over and over.

If you are trying to expose me as a Danny lennon supporter then you are about 3 years too late with that

Sometimes a sweary is worth more than a hundred flowery terms, you should keep that in your armoury

You fcuking tell him. whistling.gif

oaksoft Posted Today, 18:43

"Chances are we'll be relegated sometime - probably soon as historically we've never been a top flight side for very long. It's almost as though you don't know your history."

Try checking your 'history' - between 1948 and 1967 we were always a 'top flight' team in the old 1st division, now the equivalent of the SPL.

So when you put that into your pipe and smoke it, quite a few contributors to this forum do actually recall us being a consistently ranked top team and not one that was as you might have suggested, flitting between leagues.

Presumably, in your limited lifetime as a 'buddie', you have seen them move between the SPL and the leagues below, thus makes you the font of all knowledge on this subject.

18 straight years out of more than 125 in our history and you had to go back to the year after England won the World Cup to do so.

Well you've convinced me. lol.gif

18 straight years out of more than 125 in our history and you had to go back to the year after England won the World Cup to do so.

Well you've convinced me. lol.gif)

I think that in our 125 year history we have only spent 21 years outside the top division (available to us) in total.

You've not convinced me!!

I think that in our 125 year history we have only spent 21 years outside the top division (available to us) in total.

In the last 25 years we've spent 9 in the top league (including this year). So 16 years outside the top league in the last 25 years.

I'd say that's a more accurate record of our recent standing as a club in modern times.

In the last 25 years we've spent 9 in the top league (including this year). So 16 years outside the top league in the last 25 years.

I'd say that's a more accurate record of our recent standing as a club in modern times.

In which case then, what about Lennons recent record as a manager in the top flight, say , the last year. How many wins has he managed in that time.Very few indeed.

Tomorrows game is on BBC Alba so I believe. Our record in these games is pathetic, so lets hope it changes for the better, but I rather doubt it. Wonder what Lennons latest excuse will be. Maybe best said in Gaelic instead of his usual pidgin English.

In which case then, what about Lennons recent record as a manager in the top flight, say , the last year. How many wins has he managed in that time.Very few indeed.

Tomorrows game is on BBC Alba so I believe. Our record in these games is pathetic, so lets hope it changes for the better, but I rather doubt it. Wonder what Lennons latest excuse will be. Maybe best said in Gaelic instead of his usual pidgin English.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Methinx the poor 1eye.gif frog has lost the plot.

I wasn't using it as any sort of guide to our standing at any point, more using it to show that you can use stats to slant any argument you want, a point you've just proved. It isn't necessary to see everything that isn't DL positive as DL negative.

I could use more recent stats to slant the conversation in another direction but I won't............for the record you don't have to defend DL from me, I hope he can turn it around and have a successful end to the season. Whether he can turn things around remains to be seen.

After 21 games, we were 2 points above the play off place, 8 points behind 7th place.

Now, five games later, we are...2 points above the play off place, 8 points behind 7th place.

Where's this freefall we are in?

In the last 10 league games, we have won once.Not the most stella of records and certainly one that hints strongly at finishing 11th, although you will probably think we are going for a European place.

Well you started to quote 'history' lessons.

As pointed out by others we have spent significantly more time in the top league than we have in the other leagues in Scottish football.

Your sole approach is to ridicule those who don't agree with you or find fault in your argument. So if you are going to quote history as being the basis of your argument, all I pointed out was that there have been lengthy periods when we have been a top flight team. History isn't just created over the last ten or twenty years, which is where you appear to glean your statistics.

As pointed out by others we have spent significantly more time in the top league than we have in the other leagues in Scottish football.

Your sole approach is to ridicule those who don't agree with you or find fault in your argument. So if you are going to quote history as being the basis of your argument, all I pointed out was that there have been lengthy periods when we have been a top flight team. History isn't just created over the last ten or twenty years, which is where you appear to glean your statistics.

Just so typical of them but.

Below is the all time Scottish league table - when the top division was 18 team we were pretty much always there until the early '70's. When the top division was reduced to 10 teams in 1975 it took the Fergie Revival Movement to get us back up and with 12 teams currently in the top flight our position is always gonna be more precarious.

http://www.statto.co...time-table/full

By my reckoning 15 of those 21 seasons outside the top flight have been since the reconstruction/reduction in 1975.

Lennon deserves the chance to see out his contract and if possible secure a new one but if the worst happens and we end up in the play-off spot he really can't be allowed to remain in charge for those games.

Edited by Bud the Baker

It's not his sole approach, he ridiculed me for agreeing with him

Hop It !

Below is the all time Scottish league table - when the top division was 18 team we were pretty much always there until the early '70's. When the top was reduced to 10 teams in 1975 it took the Fergie Revival Movement to get us back up and with 12 teams currently in the top flight our position is always gonna be more precarious.

http://www.statto.co...time-table/full

By my reckoning 15 of those 21 seasons outside the top flight have been since the reconstructionuction in 1975.

Lennon deserves the chance to see out his contract and if possible secure a new one but if the worst happens and we end up in the play-off spot he really can't be allowed to remain in charge for those games.

Love the fact that Third Lanark are STILL more succesful than Morton.

I note that you've edited your original post to show that you are an out and out 3.

As for a 4 week recruitment process, more bollox. Should we lose the next two games we could appoint a temporary manager to see us through to the end of the season. I'm sure the likes of Thommo knows the squad inside out and could get at least a short term boost in the players performance.

Well as long as YOU are sure.

As long as YOU don't have to pay the compensation to Danny,

As long as YOU don't have to be the one who gets the aggro if that all goes tits.

You've persuaded me.

Vote Kendo!