Lennon Out

Jesus f**kin Christ sometimes I feel like thrown the towel in. Loyal army my arse

Some of us did loyal through division one and can see all the signs again. It's like watching us under Davie Hay at the moment. We are, without a doubt, more often than not the worst team in the league aside from Hearts. We've replaced good football and effort with random huffing and puffing

There's no Cup run to save Danny now, we can't go another spell of losses and draws.

Big Tommo saying we sat too deep which meant we werent in their faces and we offered no support up front. Pretty much saying danny's tactics were baws

I said this very thing in the matchday thread during the game and I'm a cretin, so it makes you wonder what Danny was thinking about it all....

Big Tommo saying we sat too deep which meant we werent in their faces and we offered no support up front. Pretty much saying danny's tactics were baws

We played 2 defensive mids as our centre mids today, ovcourse we played to f**king deep, Lennon is a f**king muppet

A lot of people missing the point here. If Lennon is going in the summer, why wait til then to get rid? A parting of the ways now allows the new man to get his feet under the table ahead of pre-season and may give us the short term boost needed to escape the play off.

If, as is suggested by some, the board aren't sacking him to ease the sale of the club, what happens if that doesn't get wrapped up in the next 3 months? Does he go on month to month contracts until the sale is complete?It's a ludicrous suggestion.

I don't hate Lennon and if we'd won today he would have earned the right to take the quarter final in my eyes.

But why waste the next 3 months, and risk relegation, if he's not staying past May?

from what I saw on sunday we cant get the basics right the passing was crap to many loose balls and why are we standing off teams and letting them run at us . Aberdeen beat celtic because they didn't let them settle and they had a go I always say if you stop a team playing you can get a result against anybody . Campbell should have been on sooner that was clear . defensively we need cover to many silly mistakes . we give teams to much respect and as for defenders do the obvious don't play about with the ball boot it out . thommo cant do it himself good to see teale back and I agree with some comments about us having some decent players when back and a settled team there is no reason why we don't climb the league. as for Goodwin hes to much of a risk hes going to get caught out with his stupid antics slapping other players some younger supporters might like it but he is a risk every week . not blaming Goodwin entirely . as for danny he will be judged at the end of the season and lets face it who wants the job .

Danny wants two defensive midfielders, ergo we'll drop too deep every week Goodwin and Djemba Djemba play together. Neither those two will offer support. Now, we all know this...but what does Danny do, he brings in cup tied options and plays creative central players out of position. He also wittered in about freeing up players, but today they constantly came inside and put the square root of f**k all in to the box. A half fit, ageing, Teale did more with one cross than Newton did all game.

Goodwin past it? You can't have been at the games of late. Jim was tremendous against thistle and did well today

He certainly needs to get his head out of his @rse and start playing his own game again. He ran around all day today half a yard too slow and hardly made a tackle when it counted. He looks as though all this rubbish in the media has affected him and, if that's the case, he needs to be dropped.

He didn't do well today. I thought it was by far the worst game he's had in a while.

I don't like going against the manager as I always believe in the team, but now it's getting embarrassing. For dundee united second goal today we had at least 10 chances to clear our lines but Danny Lennons way is to pass the ball out of danger. We are far to easily broke down, when we concede a goal the players don't seem too bothered. I'm fed up of the excuses aswell. Though I think the board will look for a cheap replacement so it's easier to sell the club.

The new manager will need money to spend to make our team better. Goodwin has past it IMO too. Why is Adam Campbell coming on with 15mins to go? The startin line up was far too negative. Especially for a cup tie. He'll blame it on the game plan instead of himself again!

I don't like going against the manager as I always believe in the team, but now it's getting embarrassing. For dundee united second goal today we had at least 10 chances to clear our lines but Danny Lennons way is to pass the ball out of danger. We are far to easily broke down, when we concede a goal the players don't seem too bothered. I'm fed up of the excuses aswell. Though I think the board will look for a cheap replacement so it's easier to sell the club.

The new manager will need money to spend to make our team better. Goodwin has past it IMO too. Why is Adam Campbell coming on with 15mins to go? The startin line up was far too negative. Especially for a cup tie. He'll blame it on the game plan instead of himself again!

. It was actually the 85th minute Campbell came on but I take your point .Even less time to make an impact

Some bookies are giving odds on who will finish 11th ,and so i don't think we will finish there, so i wouldn't put money on it ,you can also get odds on who will finish in the top or bottom 6 .

Thats not what i asked .I asked if YOU would put money on it at the bookies.

I agree that the players need to be up for the fight, but the manager decides who to play and in what formation. It is also down to him to ensure that they have the belief that they can play themselves out of trouble. As others have said, I think we have a solid enough squad (albeit a bit thin), so this shouldn't be too big an ask.

From what I seen of the match today, we didn't really trouble their 'keeper a great deal, and we have Kello to thank for keeping the scoreline down. We backed off them in the second half after looking the better team following our equaliser. That is inexplicable, and the manager should have been out urging them forward. It was a cup tie, and to sit back and invite a mediocre team onto ourselves was a very poor show. Danny didn't look like he had the wherewithall to influence what was happening, and regardless of the role of the players, that is his job, surely?

I don't hate Danny. On the contrary, I think he comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke. I think he has run out of ideas, now, however, and that has to be a major concern.

I read through this entire thread, thinking about how to put down my own thoughts at the end. I needn't have bothered, as this post by Drew sums up my sentiments exactly.

I read through this entire thread, thinking about how to put down my own thoughts at the end. I needn't have bothered, as this post by Drew sums up my sentiments exactly.

Agree entirely - this isn't a personal witch hunt against Danny Lennon, it's just that he's a dreadful football manager!

Danny wants two defensive midfielders, ergo we'll drop too deep every week Goodwin and Djemba Djemba play together. Neither those two will offer support. Now, we all know this...but what does Danny do, he brings in cup tied options and plays creative central players out of position. He also wittered in about freeing up players, but today they constantly came inside and put the square root of f**k all in to the box. A half fit, ageing, Teale did more with one cross than Newton did all game.

To be honest having 2 defensive centre midfielders is a good thing and may well suit our team will allow the attacking play to come from the wings with wylde here and teale back i see the point. Also will allow gowser to drift in and out of the hole between to link up. IMO what he is best at.

Newton will be dropped im sure to make way for Teale and i think that the fight in place should be between mcgowan and mclean for that second striker role.

If we can bring in a commanding cb or 2 this will allow us to commit to this way of playing as the defensive centre mids can work more freely and be the playmakers instead of acting as supporting defenders.

I think dannys time has run out but if you are reading this Danny take note as it may save your job :)

A lot of people missing the point here. If Lennon is going in the summer, why wait til then to get rid? A parting of the ways now allows the new man to get his feet under the table ahead of pre-season and may give us the short term boost needed to escape the play off.

If, as is suggested by some, the board aren't sacking him to ease the sale of the club, what happens if that doesn't get wrapped up in the next 3 months? Does he go on month to month contracts until the sale is complete?It's a ludicrous suggestion.

I don't hate Lennon and if we'd won today he would have earned the right to take the quarter final in my eyes.

But why waste the next 3 months, and risk relegation, if he's not staying past May?

• The board dont want to get into a dispute with lennon at this time
  • there is no money for another manager, if one came in he would have to work with the same as or less than lennon, minus whatever it costs to get DL to leave

• The board dont want to get into a dispute with lennon at this time
  • there is no money for another manager, if one came in he would have to work with the same as or less than lennon, minus whatever it costs to get DL to leave

New manager will pay for himself finishing 8th instead of 11th.

Thats not what i asked .I asked if YOU would put money on it at the bookies.

I tried to explain for you as easily as I could ,and I did tell I wouldn't put money on us finishing 11th ,I would put money on you not being a fan as every game you say we wont win or will get gubbed ,you weren't on telling people how right you were after the Hibs or Partick games and going by the season the clubs having saying they will not win or lose every game would make you look like a super tipster ,but you are not ,going by a description another member has of you I would add super to that and make SUPER MUPPET.

Edited by linwood buddie

Considering the way Dundee Utd treated Jim Goodwin following the last game, that performance was weak, incipid and pathetic.

Danny seems simply incapable of motivating the players, and on this occasion he was handed plenty of ammunition.

Despite the number of hopeless signings, we have a decent squad but I don't think Danny gets anything like the best out of them.

He seems to have completely lost his way over the past couple of seasons.

Not good enough. In fact nowhere near good enough.

Edited by ds10