Lennon Out

How many times has Lennon said those things in the last couple of years, "the talking has to stop " "this football clubs reputation" etc etc ? He trots out the same recycled garbage every week, usually in an incomprehensible fashion a la Charlie Nicholas.

I cringe every time the man appears on radio with his mealy mouthed platitudes and tiresome excuses.

I am prepared to give him credit for winning the League Cup, but the rest has been a shambles, and in particular since January 2013. Please just leave now while there is still a chance of saving the situation.

You can't appear on radio, it is an audible medium rather than a visual one.

I

How many times has Lennon said those things in the last couple of years, "the talking has to stop " "this football clubs reputation" etc etc ? He trots out the same recycled garbage every week, usually in an incomprehensible fashion a la Charlie Nicholas.

I cringe every time the man appears on radio with his mealy mouthed platitudes and tiresome excuses.

I am prepared to give him credit for winning the League Cup, but the rest has been a shambles, and in particular since January 2013. Please just leave now while there is still a chance of saving the situation.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Danny will be VERY relieved. Ithink we all are to be honest.

You make billyg sounds like Mr Happy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is as funny as fcuk. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Looks like you widnae know funny if it kicked you in the arse. 1eye.gif

you are a complete and utter fanny...your posts are pish...totally unfunny...why do u feel the need to try and put up smart arse comments all the time and post on every subject? i cannot wait for your smart arse comeback because no way u can keep quiet....u r one of the fools who ruin this forum.....

you are a complete and utter fanny...your posts are pish...totally unfunny...why do u feel the need to try and put up smart arse comments all the time and post on every subject? i cannot wait for your smart arse comeback because no way u can keep quiet....u r one of the fools who ruin this forum.....

Welcome, another "new" member. 1eye.gif

and so say all of us , and so say all of us , and now...............................................

Not surprised to see this thread descend into personal abuse from the usual suspects. I will rise above that and not respond to it directly, but more generally.

I think that we all accept that regardless of what happens between now and May, Danny won't be here next season. However, the reasons I want Lennon to see out the season are two fold really:

Changes in management at this stage in the season very seldom have a positive impact on the club, indeed, they are more likely to have a negative impact. History shows us this. Four of the last five clubs to be relegated from the top flight (ICT, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Dundee) all changed their managers post January whilst they were in 12th, they all finished 12th. I could cite numerous other examples from other leagues, the evidence is clear, post January managerial changes do not increase teams chances of staying up. I don't think it would be any different with us, I don't think we will be any more likely to stay up without Danny Lennon between now and May, if anything I think we would be less likely.

So baring this evidence in mind, I wouldn't like to see the club wasting money on paying Danny off and wasting money on a new manager between now and the end of the season, as it's likely going to be wasted money. Baring this evidence in mind, I wouldn't want to see a new man come in and take part of the hit for Danny.

Imagine we do appoint Thompson and Teale (a completely ludicrous suggestion of a management team in my opinion, but I digress) and we then go on to a terrible finish and end up in the Championship. Would that be their fault? No, of course it wouldn't be, it would be Danny Lennon's fault, but if he wasn't here the blame on him would be lessened.

He's made his bed he has to lie in it. And baring in mind the lack evidence for and the cost of managerial change at this stage, Danny should be here to face the consequences of his doing, whatever they may be.

Given how they normally act, i'd also be astounded if the BoD make a change at this point, it's not their style. They will know now that they should have made the change after the home loss to Thistle. As they never they also will have to accept a fair chunk of the blame should we end up in the Championship.

Like you I think the BoD will postpone making a decision as long a possible, but in the hypothetical situation that we become stranded in 11th place then they will have no option but to replace Lennon (&Craig) before the play-off games. At this point with no certainty of what division we will be in next season it would be difficult to make a permanent appointment. If we are to make an interim appointment who would you chose - someone from the deadpool of unemployed managers or T&T?

Just hypothesizing like, I'll be there on Saturday giving the team my customary wholehearted support................

Jesus...you really are an arse who can't keep quiet....stop thinking your smart or funny ...u r neither....

Now I am not disagreeing with you entirely, not at all.

However may I point out that someone with only seven posts would be unlikely to know Faraway Saint's posting style well enough to be able to make such a statement. One (not me you understand) may be led to think that only an alias would have such in depth knowledge of the character of regular forum user's such as "oor Faraway".