Lennon Out

... and kept us in it, and reached a League Cup Final, and won the Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup, and won the reserve League Cup, and saw us through the stadium move, and got a Sellik manager sacked, and gave me two truly unforgettable days of my St Mirren supporting life - at Falkirk and especially Motherwell. That 3-2 game was electric. The scenes in our end were truly magnificent.Lots of it was shite though. But the stuff above is enough to make me stick by my view - Gus and Andy were good for St Mirren.

Correct poz, not sure why he gets so much stick. His record is better than most managers of our club.

I think what is clear is that there is a section of our support who expect us to be in the top 6, challenging far higher up the league than our playing budget suggests we are able to given the support we attract. They will always find fault with managers, no matter what they achieve with the club, as they seem to think (bizarrely) that they know better, and love pointing out how other teams do better than us. How "they're no a bigger club than us" and other shite of this sort.

We are of a size and stature that staying up is a decent season. Anything above that and we're doing quite well. Winning a major trophy is fantastic, and playing nice football along the way is a lovely bonus.

These are the sort of supporters who piss me off far more than a manager doing his best to achieve results.

I think what is clear is that there is a section of our support who expect us to be in the top 6, challenging far higher up the league than our playing budget suggests we are able to given the support we attract. They will always find fault with managers, no matter what they achieve with the club, as they seem to think (bizarrely) that they know better, and love pointing out how other teams do better than us. How "they're no a bigger club than us" and other shite of this sort.

We are of a size and stature that staying up is a decent season. Anything above that and we're doing quite well. Winning a major trophy is fantastic, and playing nice football along the way is a lovely bonus.

These are the sort of supporters who piss me off far more than a manager doing his best to achieve results.

Maybe some fans simply look at a cash-strapped Killie, a club like St Johnstone who struggled to even get back to the SPL, or a club like ICT who went down and came up, and knitted new teams together each season, and we see these clubs making the top 6, playing in Europe, and not necessarily scrambling to avoid relegation every SPL season, and some of us think 'why are we not moving forward to have our own 'top 6 season' - even once!

Budget is part of it, no argument there. It isn't everything though.

Maybe some fans simply look at a cash-strapped Killie, a club like St Johnstone who struggled to even get back to the SPL, or a club like ICT who went down and came up, and knitted new teams together each season, and we see these clubs making the top 6, playing in Europe, and not necessarily scrambling to avoid relegation every SPL season, and some of us think 'why are we not moving forward to have our own 'top 6 season' - even once!

Budget is part of it, no argument there. It isn't everything though.

Of course, kris boyd is a t Killie because of his life-long love of Johnston, not for the salary he draws

Now I am not disagreeing with you entirely, not at all.

However may I point out that someone with only seven posts would be unlikely to know Faraway Saint's posting style well enough to be able to make such a statement. One (not me you understand) may be led to think that only an alias would have such in depth knowledge of the character of regular forum user's such as "oor Faraway".

Many people follow the forum without posting, or follow as a guest for a period before registering as a member

Of course, kris boyd is a t Killie because of his life-long love of Johnston, not for the salary he draws

He didn't say that. Read the post again and try to address the issue highlighted. Namely, why are we the only team in the SPL who are consistently in the relegation dogfight and NEVER in the top 6 come the split. Every other team manages it. Christ, even the Accies did it one year I think.

Look mate, I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing here, which is a successful Saints side. That being said, if the limit of your ambition is to avoid the drop every year then that's where we differ.

Other teams regularly do better than us over a season. That is a fact you cannot get away from and I'd like to understand what we need to do to change that.

Of all the clubs that have competed in the SPL only ourselves, Thistle, Falkirk (although the did finish 7th one year with more points than 6th) and Hamilton who, whilst not achieving a top 6 finish, have managed to comfortably avoid the drop on a few occasions in 7th place, well in front of us on those occasions.

Look at that list. Hardly illustrious company and we've had a good few more attempts at it than any of those teams. Even Livingston, Dunfermline and Dundee have managed it.

Why not us? Is it unrealistic to expect some league success every once in a while? Why does it piss you off that fans like me would like to see us have the ambition to do that?

I get that we're a small club with a small cost base but others in our situation have shown it can be done. I ask again, why not us?

Look mate, I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing here, which is a successful Saints side. That being said, if the limit of your ambition is to avoid the drop every year then that's where we differ.

Other teams regularly do better than us over a season. That is a fact you cannot get away from and I'd like to understand what we need to do to change that.

Of all the clubs that have competed in the SPL only ourselves, Thistle, Falkirk (although the did finish 7th one year with more points than 6th) and Hamilton who, whilst not achieving a top 6 finish, have managed to comfortably avoid the drop on a few occasions in 7th place, well in front of us on those occasions.

Look at that list. Hardly illustrious company and we've had a good few more attempts at it than any of those teams. Even Livingston, Dunfermline and Dundee have managed it.

Why not us? Is it unrealistic to expect some league success every once in a while? Why does it piss you off that fans like me would like to see us have the ambition to do that?

I get that we're a small club with a small cost base but others in our situation have shown it can be done. I ask again, why not us?

I agree that we have underachieved but the teams highlighted are now in the lower regions of Scottish football and we are not.

I'm not denying it's frustrating that we've only had one real half decent league campaign but we could have been relegated.

He didn't say that. Read the post again and try to address the issue highlighted. Namely, why are we the only team in the SPL who are consistently in the relegation dogfight and NEVER in the top 6 come the split. Every other team manages it. Christ, even the Accies did it one year I think.

Dont tell me what to read, arsehole.

He stated that Killies comparative success to ours could not just be down to money alone, yet they have spent much more than saints

I just pointed out an obvious example that calls that opinion into question

Dont tell me what to read, arsehole.

He stated that Killies comparative success to ours could not just be down to money alone, yet they have spent much more than saints

I just pointed out an obvious example that calls that opinion into question

He actually referenced ICT and St Johnstone also and if you call me an arsehole again we're going to have a problem tough guy.

Read it, don't read it. I couldn't care less. It seemed to me as though you were missing the main thrust of the point and by having another look you may have seen what was being asked.

There are altogether far too many people on here hiding behind the anonymity of their keyboards hurling insults and abuse at other fans. You threw some at me and I'm not having it. Wouldn't let anyone call me an arsehole in the street so I don't see why I should accept it on here.

Read it, don't read it. I couldn't care less. It seemed to me as though you were missing the main thrust of the point and by having another look you may have seen what was being asked.

There are altogether far too many people on here hiding behind the anonymity of their keyboards hurling insults and abuse at other fans. You threw some at me and I'm not having it. Wouldn't let anyone call me an arsehole in the street so I don't see why I should accept it on here.

and i wouldnt take the kind of bulllying behaviour you showed on the street and wont take it on here. seems you dished it out but couldnt take your behaviour being played back to you.

It's no worries to me if you want to know who i am