Lennon Out

Does he know someone who could be a better manager than Lennon?

He might at least command a bit more respect. For me, this is what is required now. Danny is a nice guy, but it seems to me that he is perhaps a bit too nice, and the players have limited respect for him. We need a manager who can put a bomb under a few arses.

Incidentally, my McLeish reference was tongue in cheek. I had assumed that would be apparent?

Edited by Drew

So Danny is criticised for making the much needed addition of a defensive mid-fielder, giving support to an over worked central defence and freeing up the likes of Newto and McLean to make telling runs/passes/shots in support of Thommo and Gowser.

Could these calls for his head for this be from some of the people who called for his head when he didn't have this option in play????

Make yir feckin minds up.... or just admit whatever danny does or doesn't do you think we should sack him because you know exactly who to get to replace him and improve us.... surely if you want rid you've got something better that we can afford to get???

I would like to see these namesthumbup2.gif

I reckon we have DL to the end of the season regardless. If he was fired just now we have to find compensation. To recruit someone else we have to find compensation. Most decent managers would not want to jump ship at the moment (Hartley excepted - bad timimg there), as they would probably want to finish the job they started eg Ian Murray at Dumbarton. And with no-one in mind it would take too long to get someone in with important games having to be played in the meantime.

Of course we could ask Thommo to take over on a temp basis until the summer. He probably has total respect from the dressing room but has no experience and playing and managing may be too much. I think the Board are in a difficult situation over this and will wait it out.

Lennon has assembled a good squad of players on paper who should really be in the top 6, problem is we aren't. He clearly can't motivate the players and get them playing the way he wants them too (or the way he wants them to play isn't working). Either way, we need someone new in who can get the best out of the talented group of players that we have.

His tactics were woeful yesterday, When is he gonna learn that McLean cant play wide left, Either play him in his natural position or not at all, And what is the point of Tommo flicking balls on the nobody, The whole game he was isolated, I don't think his contract will be renewed for next season,

Edited by santaponsasaint

IMO the BOD will wait this out for as long as possible , if it looks like we're going to scramble 10th place they will leave things as they are. However , if it's looking dodgy , and their dosh , pre-sale , is looking like being affected , then they'll take the smaller hit of replacing DL with probably a senior player/s , in the hope that the wee lift that gives everyone will get us over the line , there is a precedent for this as we all know !

He certainly needs to get his head out of his @rse and start playing his own game again. He ran around all day today half a yard too slow and hardly made a tackle when it counted. He looks as though all this rubbish in the media has affected him and, if that's the case, he needs to be dropped.

He didn't do well today. I thought it was by far the worst game he's had in a while.

Goodwin had a good game today. First half he was very good. Seems to be a lot of pre conceived opinions, not just from referees...

I'm shocked at the level of criticism Lennon has been getting for this game. I didn't have we were that bad I've Seen much worse

First half we compteted very well, fought back into it after going behind. Second half we were pretty woeful, although Utd played some great stuff in the first ten minutes of the half as the went ahead again. We seemed reliant on long balls, which really pissed me off as with one up front it was a lottery. We've players who can play football, so the hoofing was depressing.

When all is said and done, I was disappointed with the result and very disappointed with second half. Some seem to want any excuse to fuel their claims that Lennon must go now! He'll be here til the end of the season, and depending on how we do from here til then, he'll either go or earn a new contract.

I hope he earns a new conract as we'll have to do extremely well for that to happen. Sadly some want to see us struggle to ensure the manager is fired, which is a bonkers way to look at things.

So Danny is criticised for making the much needed addition of a defensive mid-fielder, giving support to an over worked central defence and freeing up the likes of Newto and McLean to make telling runs/passes/shots in support of Thommo and Gowser.

Could these calls for his head for this be from some of the people who called for his head when he didn't have this option in play????

Make yir feckin minds up.... or just admit whatever danny does or doesn't do you think we should sack him because you know exactly who to get to replace him and improve us.... surely if you want rid you've got something better that we can afford to get???

I would like to see these namesthumbup2.gif

He's always had the option in play...well, Jim Goodwin. He's also had John McGinn, one of the best box to box midfielders in Scotland, and wasted that talent every chance he gets.

The problem is that he's added a second player who is predominately a defensive midfielder. We're not a recently promoted Bundesliga 2 side of a team who have come up from Serie C to Serie A in successive seasons, there's no need for TWO defensive midfielders in Scotland. Even worse than that, we didn't play a single wide man because numpty baws had Campbell on the bench and signed a cup tied player. The two who were wide drifted inside all bloody game, which on occasion did release Naismith and Kelly but also exposed the two of them very badly and would have therefore exposed McAusland and MacGregor too.

I would assume that most who wanted the addition of a defensive midfielder also wanted Goodwin dropped. It now appears that we're going to have to suffer two defensive midfielders all season. McLean plays better inside, McGinn plays better inside and I really don't want to see the pair of them wasted any longer. Newton can do what the hell he likes, ask for a move, throw a strop, I don't care, as he shouldn't start again. We also have Campbell, lauded as the answer up front and then thrown out wide because he couldn't handle the long balls punted at him vs Celtic. Wylde will suffer from not putting in a shift (Danny has shown he doesn't like creative wide left players), but at least he gets wide and bloody stays there. Teale will struggle to get match fit and do much this season, but his footballing brain should help out.

Danny has, yet again, shown absolutely abysmal squad management during this transfer window and I want him gone. I'm sick of the players being hammered in to the formation, sick of his constant second guessing himself and sick of worrying who he's going to take off for who. I'm also utterly sick of hearing how good the opposition are.

He's always had the option in play...well, Jim Goodwin. He's also had John McGinn, one of the best box to box midfielders in Scotland, and wasted that talent every chance he gets.

The problem is that he's added a second player who is predominately a defensive midfielder. We're not a recently promoted Bundesliga 2 side of a team who have come up from Serie C to Serie A in successive seasons, there's no need for TWO defensive midfielders in Scotland. Even worse than that, we didn't play a single wide man because numpty baws had Campbell on the bench and signed a cup tied player. The two who were wide drifted inside all bloody game, which on occasion did release Naismith and Kelly but also exposed the two of them very badly and would have therefore exposed McAusland and MacGregor too.

I would assume that most who wanted the addition of a defensive midfielder also wanted Goodwin dropped. It now appears that we're going to have to suffer two defensive midfielders all season. McLean plays better inside, McGinn plays better inside and I really don't want to see the pair of them wasted any longer. Newton can do what the hell he likes, ask for a move, throw a strop, I don't care, as he shouldn't start again. We also have Campbell, lauded as the answer up front and then thrown out wide because he couldn't handle the long balls punted at him vs Celtic. Wylde will suffer from not putting in a shift (Danny has shown he doesn't like creative wide left players), but at least he gets wide and bloody stays there. Teale will struggle to get match fit and do much this season, but his footballing brain should help out.

Danny has, yet again, shown absolutely abysmal squad management during this transfer window and I want him gone. I'm sick of the players being hammered in to the formation, sick of his constant second guessing himself and sick of worrying who he's going to take off for who. I'm also utterly sick of hearing how good the opposition are.

Hmmm perhaps you need to do a wee bit of homework on just scot prm clubs to see how many play with two holding midfielders..? It is the majority and it's replicated across europe and beyond. So for us to not have done it for the last three seasons tells you all you need to know why we have been picked off, and conceeded from winning positions...

It's one reason why Goodwin runs around scything all comers in midfield... it's too much for one def/mid to handle...

So who is it we can afford to replace with Danny then?

Elvis tell us what the price is then maybe you can get an answer.

How can you possibly expect anyone to commit to a bet without knowing what price they are getting?

Thats not the point of the question .the point is would anyone in there right mind put money on us not being in the play off.

Will the new manager be paying cash up frontfor himself? cos that is the only way that this club can fund it

And can you guarantee that?

There's certainly no guarantee that wee useless will keep us in the top division , which I would imagine would be top of the BODs wish list