Lennon Out

I think he should go, no question, but some of these players need to have a good long look at themselves. For most of the season they've been shite and, if as suggested elsewhere, some of them aren't giving their all for the manager then, irrespective of hero status, they should be run out of town come the end of the season.

The BOD have also got to accept their share of the blame. Who sanctions these transfers? Harkins, Grainger, Cornell, Bahoken, Campbell, Caprice, Dillon & Djemba Djemba. Have I missed anyone? Each one a complete failure. What about the pay offs? Mair, Grainger & Imrie. The running of this club lately has left a lot to be desired.

Like I said, he needs to go, in my opinion, but it's unfair to lay the blame solely at his door. There are a few down Greenhill Road way that should be hanging their heads at the state of our club 12 short months after such a high point in our history.

I think he should go, no question, but some of these players need to have a good long look at themselves. For most of the season they've been shite and, if as suggested elsewhere, some of them aren't giving their all for the manager then, irrespective of hero status, they should be run out of town come the end of the season.

The BOD have also got to accept their share of the blame. Who sanctions these transfers? Harkins, Grainger, Cornell, Bahoken, Campbell, Caprice, Dillon & Djemba Djemba. Have I missed anyone? Each one a complete failure. What about the pay offs? Mair, Grainger & Imrie. The running of this club lately has left a lot to be desired.

Like I said, he needs to go, in my opinion, but it's unfair to lay the blame solely at his door. There are a few down Greenhill Road way that should be hanging their heads at the state of our club 12 short months after such a high point in our history.

For the feeble minded this is a decent balanced post.

I "defend" Lennon against the moronic stupidity of many posts that blame him for everything, not defending him as a manager.

The absolute narrow minded and personal bollox that's aimed at Lennon on this forum and the few games I attend will always be a a sad reflection on St Mirren football club.

Ashamed at times doesn't cover it.

Edited by faraway saint

Off topic slightly. Is this season worse than the season under Hay.

NO WAY!

That was the worst season I can ever remember. The football was absolutely putrid with no chinks of light at all.

Well, maybe McGowne's goal at Ibrox but that was it, period.

This season, whilst not great, is fantastic when compared to the season under that corrupt thieving bastard Hay!.

The season where Murray scored at Stirling was pretty abysmal too. From a wage budget viewpoint, Hay's season had to be the worst by a good way though Fitzy's spendathon was the start of the slow slide to that.

For the feeble minded this is a decent balanced post.

I "defend" Lennon against the moronic stupidity of many posts that blame him for everything, not defending him as a manager.

The absolute narrow minded and personal bollox that's aimed at Lennon on this forum and the few games I attend will always be a a sad reflection on St Mirren football club.

Ashamed at times doesn't cover it.

He's clueless.

The season where Murray scored at Stirling was pretty abysmal too. From a wage budget viewpoint, Hay's season had to be the worst by a good way though Fitzy's spendathon was the start of the slow slide to that.

Fitzy spent money but also bought it back in

Hay however spent it on players that him and Smith were agents of

Never got money back in and the fitba was utterly dreadful.

Considering he was a success at every club he was involved with

I think he had an agenda against us

Hay however spent it on players that him and Smith were agents of

Never got money back in and the fitba was utterly dreadful.

Considering he was a success at every club he was involved with

I think he had an agenda against us

I've mentioned it before, but had heard he was promised the job before and so bought his pub and the house in Balgownie. The job offer then didn't come through. I can't remember enough about timescales now though, I.e. when was he made the offer, who we did bring in (Smith or Fitzy?) and how it ties in to his time in Norway.

There's always stories though, Archie Gemmill turning the car round when the driver said he had the job if the board didn't like the guy being interviewed is just one. Norrie McWhirter being offered the job is another.

Surely the job of the. Board is to provide a budget for the manager to spend as he sees fit, DL is responsible for the dreadful transfer dealings this season I'm afraid. That said I do think that a lot of the vitriol is way over the top but finally, for me, his tea is oot !!

Surely the job of the. Board is to provide a budget for the manager to spend as he sees fit, DL is responsible for the dreadful transfer dealings this season I'm afraid. That said I do think that a lot of the vitriol is way over the top but finally, for me, his tea is oot !!

I understand this point of view and, to a certain extent, agree with it. That being said I do feel the BOD has a responsibility to sit the manager down at the start of the season and have a discussion around objectives, budget, personnel, playing style etc. I would assume that those types of conversation would include the BOD telling the manager where they felt he went wrong the previous campaign and would want assurances that, if budget was made available, we'd see an improvement.

When the managers makes little attempt to address the glaring deficiencies in the squad, looks to pay off people on decent wages and "panic buys" players that he hasn't seen playing and don't really fit the strategy he'd outlined in pre-season then I feel the BOD step in and ask serious questions.

If they have and are satisfied with what they've heard then I'd love to have heard that conversation. If they haven't then they are every bit as culpable as the manager. They, not he, run the football club.

Edited by DLBud

I understand this point of view and, to a certain extent, agree with it. That being said I do feel the BOD has a responsibility to sit the manager down at the start of the season and have a discussion around objectives, budget, personnel, playing style etc. I would assume that those types of conversation would include the BOD telling the manager where they felt he went wrong the previous campaign and would want assurances that, if budget was made available, we'd see an improvement.

When the managers makes little attempt to address the glaring deficiencies in the squad, looks to pay off people on decent wages and "panic buys" players that he hasn't seen playing and don't really fit the strategy he'd outlined in pre-season then I feel the BOD step in and ask serious questions.

If they have and are satisfied with what they've heard then I'd love to have heard that conversation. If they haven't then they are every bit as culpable as the manager. They, not he, run the football club.

So basically the boards role in this current mess are that they haven't addressed the mess Lennon has us in and have backed his efforts to get us out of it rather than just replace him?

Don't think you'll find many now who disagree with that.

I feel sorry for Danny Lennon. I almost feel he is out of his depth. I suspect the St Mirren Job looks promising for any young up and coming manager. A club with no real expectations - just don't get us relegated / maybe win a trophy. In fairness he has achieved that, however as a support - do we expect too much? A season every now an again where we are not fighting relegation, possibly top 6. Since promotion we have never kicked on, but have been surpassed by Inverness / St Johnstone, Ross County and even Partick Thistle

What are the Boards expectations. Whether they like it or not - THEY ARE CULPABLE. Have they supported the manager - or are they just hoping.

The club appears to have been mismanaged from top to bottom in terms of mismanaged transfer dealings. This season has been shocking. If they are allowing Lennon's Contract to run Down then they cannot be surprised at where we are. By trying to protect their investment they have possibly damaged it beyond repair

However - They need to act. If Lennon is here next season then I am sure this will be reflected in Season Ticket sales.

Whilst here I need to apologise for mentioning for mentioning that wage thief HAY (sorry)

Back in those days everyone focused on transfer fees and in that regard FItzpatrick did alright. But you can bet that the likes of Wishart, Manley, Stickroth were on a hell of a lot more wage wise than Cameron, Winnie etc were. And then there are Archibald and Victor, the BOD at that time need to shoulder a lot of the blame for letting spending get totally out of control compared to income.

I feel sorry for Danny Lennon. I almost feel he is out of his depth. I suspect the St Mirren Job looks promising for any young up and coming manager. A club with no real expectations - just don't get us relegated / maybe win a trophy. In fairness he has achieved that, however as a support - do we expect too much? A season every now an again where we are not fighting relegation, possibly top 6. Since promotion we have never kicked on, but have been surpassed by Inverness / St Johnstone, Ross County and even Partick Thistle

What are the Boards expectations. Whether they like it or not - THEY ARE CULPABLE. Have they supported the manager - or are they just hoping.

The club appears to have been mismanaged from top to bottom in terms of mismanaged transfer dealings. This season has been shocking. If they are allowing Lennon's Contract to run Down then they cannot be surprised at where we are. By trying to protect their investment they have possibly damaged it beyond repair

However - They need to act. If Lennon is here next season then I am sure this will be reflected in Season Ticket sales.

Whilst here I need to apologise for mentioning for mentioning that wage thief HAY (sorry)

Yes...some fans do have unrealistic expectations of our club.

If the expectations are what you said above, the past 3 years should have been a breeze for Danny. With the full backing of our support. Instead folk have wanted him gone from that 1st season, and nothing will change their minds.

I don't see how appointing another up and coming manager will solve that problem.

I was thinking that for the first time in years, we have a squad with some real quality, yes we have had individuals before, but throughout the team there are players who other spl clubs would love, I don't think that we have a manager who can cope with a situation where the team doesn't pick itself. Thommo, Teale and Kello must be sitting there, along with some others, thinking how the hell aren't we a top 6 side, they must doubt some of the decisions that DL is making. We need a gaffa who can mould experienced players, with others who have genuine skill/talent and youth, I don't think that DL is that man.

Back in those days everyone focused on transfer fees and in that regard FItzpatrick did alright. But you can bet that the likes of Wishart, Manley, Stickroth were on a hell of a lot more wage wise than Cameron, Winnie etc were. And then there are Archibald and Victor, the BOD at that time need to shoulder a lot of the blame for letting spending get totally out of control compared to income.

As do the shareholders who voted to raise the level of the overdraft.

Suppose this is as good a thread as any to ask...

How would the Saints fans feel if it turned out that all their ire had been wasted, and infact it hadn't actually been Danny's tactics of late, yet Danny was sitting taking all the abuse from the fans?

Say for example a couple of fans favourites had over ruled the manager, undermined him and basically went to the board and positioned themselves as a future management duo.

I mean, I know Danny's a great scapegoat, and at times the team haven't performed to their best. But these players aren't here for ever, it would be pretty disrespectful to the fans if the players had not been performing to the best of their ability because they didn't agree with their boss.

It would show a lack of respect to the fans and the club if players were bad mouthing their manager to the public, wouldn't it?

Or is it just a case that the fans have a very short term view of things and getting Lennon out is the only priority?

Well either he's responsible or he can't control the squad - the second is worse IMO.

Danny reached the highest high by winning the cup , since then it's been down hill reminds me a bit like the 87 88 season which was terrible. Many might be confident in the double header play off sure it will be exciting stuff like a cup final but I would really fear a team who has been winning regular with a strong appetite for the top league running all over us. Frankly I can see a management change for the split the stakes will be too high not too. As for Danny Im sure he will get back into the game hopefully in the championship I for one will wish him well.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Well either he's responsible or he can't control the squad - the second is worse IMO.

I'd say the second is a lot worse, as it demonstrates from boardroom down to players a complete disrespect for the manager.

Word gets out, who would want to go to st mirren as manager if things are getting run the way some of your players are blabbing.

Edited by dave.j

I suppose it depends on where you choose to place the emphasis.

I think Danny is probably a bit of a soft touch who doesn't command the required level of respect from his squad, but the idea of certain players treating another employee of the club, let alone their manager, with contempt is sickening, if true. Who the hell do they think they are? They get paid handsomely to play football for St Mirren, and that is what they should be 100% focussed on. Tittle tattle is corrosive, and serves no-one.

Now, I don't know if there is anything to this claim, but there is something amiss, and it is easy to see that a few players have little respect for the manager. So be it, but do the job you're paid to do and don't try to deflect away from your own inadequacies by rounding on an easy target. Its not big, and its not clever.