Lennon Out

I'd say the second is a lot worse, as it demonstrates from boardroom down to players a complete disrespect for the manager.

Word gets out, who would want to go to st mirren as manager if things are getting run the way some of your players are blabbing.

are you having a laugh Dave? No debt proper training facilities and fans that expect us to be above Thistle at least ! ! !

Most work employes talk about their boss where do you think I get my paranoia from smile.png

That's true enough, Ian, but if they start acting to undermine their manager at every turn, things can take a sinister twist.

I think Danny is probably out of his depth, and certainly believe it is time for him to move on, but the mutiny talk doesn't sit comfortably with me at all, and I've no reason to think that Dave would take time out to shit-stir on here just for the sake of it.

Like you Drew I get the impression Danny is an extremely nice guy and probably gives too much respect to his work force. I feel for the man as I'm sure he has gave it his best shoot and feels he has done enough to be down as "successfully" as kept us in the SPL up till now and won a national trophy. However it's St Mirren that's important most of all and a change is needed.

Like you Drew I get the impression Danny is an extremely nice guy and probably gives too much respect to his work force. I feel for the man as I'm sure he has gave it his best shoot and feels he has done enough to be down as "successfully" as kept us in the SPL up till now and won a national trophy. However it's St Mirren that's important most of all and a change is needed.

This sums up my thoughts too

Agreed.

I've got a lot of sympathy for Danny. He is clearly out of his depth and should have gone ages ago but it would be unreasonable to expect him to walk . He has a family to support.

I have no sympathy at all for BOD . They could have taken the necessary action ages ago . I wonder also what restraints they have put on Danny ? Either way they and they alone are to blame for where we are . At AGMs they come across as smug and everyone bows to them as saviours of the club . Infact the club they own is a shambles playing performance and commercial wise.. It is dead and needs a total revamp in all areas. The sooner they sell up the better albeit I know I need to watch what I wish for .

On the manager front , whoever is going to lead us next season , in whatever league , needs to be in post now to start preparing for next season . An appointment in July is too late.

I've got a lot of sympathy for Danny. He is clearly out of his depth and should have gone ages ago but it would be unreasonable to expect him to walk . He has a family to support.

I have no sympathy at all for BOD . They could have taken the necessary action ages ago . I wonder also what restraints they have put on Danny ? Either way they and they alone are to blame for where we are . At AGMs they come across as smug and everyone bows to them as saviours of the club . Infact the club they own is a shambles playing performance and commercial wise.. It is dead and needs a total revamp in all areas. The sooner they sell up the better albeit I know I need to watch what I wish for .

On the manager front , whoever is going to lead us next season , in whatever league , needs to be in post now to start preparing for next season . An appointment in July is too late.

Oldfellow wise words - I would expect the BOD to man up and face their responsibilities. To me, they are a bunch of old farts behaving like school boys, without any cahoonies. Call DL in, say thanks for everything, accept some serious blame, offer him a good comp package - which he deserves as a family man - and move on. But do it quick. Do it this week, give us a fighting chance. Confidence is already at an all time low, and I fear Saturday will rub it in. If we get a going over we are in serious bother. It just needs to happen BOD...now. Grow some.

I would not be surprised if Lennon is here for the remainder of the season, then when we stay up after winning the playoff he is shown the door, and we do not have a new manager until something like a week before the new season starts. It's the kind of thing our board would do to save a few weeks paying someone's wages.

I would not be surprised if Lennon is here for the remainder of the season, then when we stay up after winning the playoff he is shown the door, and we do not have a new manager until something like a week before the new season starts. It's the kind of thing our board would do to save a few weeks paying someone's wages.

The current board won't be here if we remain a premiership club !

And still after what is it eight moths of calling for the manager to be sacked we still haven't had one credible, better replacement put forward by the DL haters...

Surely if you call for him to be sacked you can reccomend a replacement that will take us further..?

No..?

Why thats like releasing a forward when you've got no cover....!

there is no-one out there who is better, available and affordable for SMFC

I'd love it if he could put us in a position where we have 2 games left and require only 1 or 2 points to avoid the play-off and then offered to resign on his own terms, testing the bottle of the board, those who have undermined him and those who have called for his head from day one.

And still after what is it eight moths of calling for the manager to be sacked we still haven't had one credible, better replacement put forward by the DL haters...

Surely if you call for him to be sacked you can reccomend a replacement that will take us further..?

No..?

I believe that both the future and current BODs know who the next boss will be , doesn't matter what the clappers or the haters come up with !

I think you're being a wee bit harsh on the moths. :unsure:

They've done their limited best.

Apart from bees, wasps and ants, insects seldom gang up thegither...

Calderwood is shite. He has bought whatever little success he has had.

Dinnae want him at St Mirren Park taking an excessive wage and trying to bankrupt us with his Transfer Budget demands.

Dan is the man.

Edited by shull

No..?

There used to be a guy called somner9 who reckoned Lennon would have to guide us to a Top Six finish or another cup win to get a new contract - perhaps he could have told us!

If new owners come in, they should be presented with a stable club that has all of the key positions covered for a reasonable period and they should have both the cash and courage of their convictions to take on the existing highly successful manager and see where we go from there.

letting DLs contract slip is a sign he is sliding towards being let go. hopefully we will get to the start of March in the top six and still in the cup. At that point he should offer to leave early and see how the board's nerve holds up.

there is no-one out there who is better, available and affordable for SMFC

I'd love it if he could put us in a position where we have 2 games left and require only 1 or 2 points to avoid the play-off and then offered to resign on his own terms, testing the bottle of the board, those who have undermined him and those who have called for his head from day one.

The bar for testing the BoD's bottle is slipping - these attempts to demonstrate that you're a better fan by making ridiculously optimistic posts are becoming wearisome.

Edited by Bud the Baker