Lennon Out

Calderwood is shite. He has bought whatever little success he has had.

Dinnae want him at St Mirren Park taking an excessive wage and trying to bankrupt us with his Transfer Budget demands.

Dan is the man.

I might temper my wording a touch............................... but I have to completely partly agree with Shull.

Calderwood is NOT the answer.

Neither unfortunately is Dan any more.

Edited by The Original 59er

And still after what is it eight moths of calling for the manager to be sacked we still haven't had one credible, better replacement put forward by the DL haters...

Surely if you call for him to be sacked you can reccomend a replacement that will take us further..?

No..?

Why thats like releasing a forward when you've got no cover....!

What part of we are at the bottom of the pile (excluding hertz) do you not get? Any and i mean any other football manager could not do much worse than Danny.The fact that we are bottom of the pile means that anyone who comes in will look a messiah if he keeps us up. You must have missed the post i made calling for Owen Coyle to take us over just in the short term to keep us up. Shouldnt cost to much for what 2 months work.

We need someone who could come in and knock a few heads together, and not be phased by undermining tittle tattle around the dressing room and beyond. Someone who is confident, assured, and assertive (a bit of a hard-nosed bastard, in other words). So, for me, that rules out any current squad member, and another relatively inexperienced manager such as Murray.

Maybe an interim appointment of a 'fixer' to steady the ship is an option. God only knows who this elusive character is, however.

Edited by Drew

I'd be very happy with Calderwood, he done a great job at both Dunfermline and Aberdeen, and he has the experience to get us into the top 6 next season and possibly Europe.

You're funny Luther lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Most likely he's scouting for other teams

I know teams get ex players or managers to spy and get match reports for up coming games

Well if hes spying on us he is going the wrong way about it.

All he has to do is sit in his house and at 5pm send a text message to whoever with the following words. "They are shite"

Calderwood has no' a bad record on paper.

Dunfermline - 38% win ratio

Aberdeen - 41.% win ratio

Over 400 games in charge between these 2 clubs

Took over Killie in January who had won 16% of their games

Win ration of 30% after this and kept them up.

To over Ross County mid Feb when they had only won 3 games all season (12% win ratio)

40% win ratio for the rest of the season.

Danny Lennon Saints record - 28% win ratio in all competitions and 23% SPL win ratio.

9 wins in all competitions in the last 12 months.

Edit to correct predictive text

Edited by davidg

It's time for Danny to go. 95% of us accept this.

But Jimmy f**king Calderwood?! God help us if that's how desperate some fans are to see any new gaffer.

I love these posts where a made up stat is posted as if it's a fact.

Regarding Calderwood, 90% of us don't want him either...

What part of we are at the bottom of the pile (excluding hertz) do you not get? Any and i mean any other football manager could not do much worse than Danny.The fact that we are bottom of the pile means that anyone who comes in will look a messiah if he keeps us up. You must have missed the post i made calling for Owen Coyle to take us over just in the short term to keep us up. Shouldnt cost to much for what 2 months work.

Repeating something doesn't make it any more convincing.

And calling for Owen Coyle doesn't correspond with suggesting a realistic replacement who would be better than Lennon. Why in the name of god would Owen Coyle come to us with the possibility of relegating us going onto his CV? No matter what it costs, it'll be too much for the board who are not willing to take financial risks.

Unless you believe the fanciful nonsense that everything is already agreed - we have a new manager, new owners etc who are waiting in the wings/in the store cupboard, ready to spring out as soon as we're safe from relegation...

sorcerer.gif

There used to be a guy called somner9 who reckoned Lennon would have to guide us to a Top Six finish or another cup win to get a new contract - perhaps he could have told us!

The bar for testing the BoD's bottle is slipping - these attempts to demonstrate that you're a better fan by making ridiculously optimistic posts are becoming wearisome.

Well, events have moved on

Sadly, you have not

top marks for history, but i hear your buns are a bit soggy from all the knickerwettings thumbup2.gif

Also, where is the unrealistic optimism in my posts? all i did was highlight my support for a decent man and no-bad manager and my hope that he gets to raise 2 fingers to the unrealistic and unfair detractors. (but DL has more class than that)

and i dont seek to prove anything about what sort of fan i am, i just represent myself honestly. maybe you have trouble dealing with that. I dont care

Edited by beyond our ken

Owen Coyle..?

Yeah I suppose we could go for him, or Steve Clark, Martin Jol, Rene Muhlwhatsit, Michael Laudrup, possibly BIlly Davies soon too..? They are all out of (nearly in Davies,s case) contract and feckin we'll beyond our price range...

You think this Bod are going to pay up Danny,s contract and spunk money on Coyle for two months?

Well, events have moved on

Sadly, you have not

top marks for history, but i hear your buns are a bit soggy from all the knickerwettings thumbup2.gif

.............because you're still making the same banal points - we both know what would happen if Lennon was to offer to resign. lol.gif

I look at our current league position, our recent league form, and the threadbare nature of our squad (look at our substitutes for Saturday's game) and yeah I worry about our prospects for the rest of this season.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Calderwood is a better bet than Lennon right now if people want a name. His stats piss all over Lennon's and he has a proven track record of steadying clubs in a bad situation in the short term.

He may be a total prick, but I'd rather have a total prick keep us up, than a nice guy take us down.