Lennon Out

I took my lead from you Bluto. I walked in your shoes.

Shoes?

He said "occassion" not "moccasin"

I'm quite proud of that wee pre-match pun.

It almost works as a pun too.

BTW I tried walking in his shoes once.

I had to use fungal treatment for a month afterwards.

Good luck.

Just to keep everyone abreast of the situation as we speak. Thats win 2, drew 1 and lost 10 this year. So So bad if i do say so myself. Defeat to the fakes tomorrow and it surely, surely now has to be tees-out for Danny. Just get anyone in to try and galvanise this team and i mean anyone b4 all you happyclappers give it who, who. No-one else including permatan can be this bad.

I heard that interview. Agree that he was pretty flat. Not ideal when he's leading a team into a survival fight.

Was intrigued by his comment along the lines of "personal issues need to be put aside".

The personal issue being , as far as he's concerned , that he's out on his arse !

Danny on Radio Shortbread about ten minutes ago sounding as flat as I have ever heard him.

Quite sad to hear, to be honest.

I think it's really sad too. He's always struck me as a really decent man who has worked hard for St.Mirren and given his best. He has made some bad decisions, he has made mistakes but then who hasn't? At times he has along with the team had some really bad luck. Quite a few of our shocking defeats were down to our players performing like a primary girls football team only without the enthusiasm. It seems fairly clear that a few players have stabbed him in the back.

It's doubtful if he will survive now. We see and hear a lot of really nasty vitriol being poured on him by a lot of our fans. It's their right and privilege, you know. And it makes them happy. Fair enough. I wish Danny all the best whatever happens.

I heard that interview. Agree that he was pretty flat. Not ideal when he's leading a team into a survival fight.

Was intrigued by his comment along the lines of "personal issues need to be put aside".

Aye, I thought the same about leading the team into the dogfight. This is the gamble that the BoD have taken.

I think he is a busted flush as manager, sadly, and that was all too evident from that interview. I genuinely feel for the guy, but I fear for the impact this is having on our campaign to beat the drop. Alan Archibald will have Thistle fired up. Adams is a cock, but he is arrogant enough to believe in himself, so will strut his stuff and it might pay off. I think Killie have enough to avoid the play-off spot, and Hibs will manage to stay clear, if only just.

I reckon we have enough to get through the play-off, and that is what I am preparing for. Listening to Danny this morning drained some of that belief, however.

Edited by Drew

I thInk Danny is a decent chap, I really do. However, over recent weeks, how many times have I voiced concerns about facing a vital relegation dogfight without characters like Shuggie, Broadfoot, or Gus MacPherson? I have been vocal about this in regard to loanees and what the St Mirren jersey means to them. Newton gets shuffled around, Campbell doesn't get a game, and Magennis piss-farts around on a cup winning podium when he was nowhere near the final.

Nice guy undoubtably, but he better not get us relegated. Him and the loanees he lauded as the ones he was waiting on. Christ, I forgot about Bahoken and Eric the Bunnet too. How much do guys like this care if St Mirren stay up or not?

I thInk Danny is a decent chap, I really do. However, over recent weeks, how many times have I voiced concerns about facing a vital relegation dogfight without characters like Shuggie, Broadfoot, or Gus MacPherson? I have been vocal about this in regard to loanees and what the St Mirren jersey means to them. Newton gets shuffled around, Campbell doesn't get a game, and Magennis piss-farts around on a cup winning podium when he was nowhere near the final.

Nice guy undoubtably, but he better not get us relegated. Him and the loanees he lauded as the ones he was waiting on. Christ, I forgot about Bahoken and Eric the Bunnet too. How much do guys like this care if St Mirren stay up or not?

If we are relegated, the buck lands squarely at the door of the board room. Let's face it, the writing has been on the wall for the best part of 10 months, and very little has occurred in that period to suggest that a sustainable recovery was likely.

The BoD stuck by their man, and they will be accountable for how that decision plays out in the final analysis. I'm done pointing the finger at Danny. There is no point going over ground that we are all too familiar with. His limitations were there for all to see, including the St Mirren BoD. If we are relegated as a result of their failure to act before it was too late, that isn't Lennon's fault (I wouldn't walk away from the job if I were him).

If we are relegated, the buck lands squarely at the door of the board room. Let's face it, the writing has been on the wall for the best part of 10 months, and very little has occurred in that period to suggest that a sustainable recovery was likely.

The BoD stuck by their man, and they will be accountable for how that decision plays out in the final analysis. I'm done pointing the finger at Danny. There is no point going over ground that we are all too familiar with. His limitations were there for all to see, including the St Mirren BoD. If we are relegated as a result of their failure to act before it was too late, that isn't Lennon's fault (I wouldn't walk away from the job if I were him).

The club's commercial partner and a guy well-known to fans is walking away and closing down. We only know this because he personally engaged with fans on here to let us know - not a bloody peep from within the walls of FeegieField. Not a peep about anything.

Damn right the buck stops with them.

No. Here, Wait a minute. Do you no remember that great run that Faraway always banged on about when we only lost 1 game in 10. Totally neglegting the fact that all those teams apart from the 1 we lost too should in most peoples eyes all be deemed winnable in the first place. whistling.gif

No. Here, Wait a minute. Do you no remember that great run that Faraway always banged on about when we only lost 1 game in 10. Totally neglegting the fact that all those teams apart from the 1 we lost too should in most peoples eyes all be deemed winnable in the first place. whistling.gif

I fairness, we did hit a bit of a purple patch, but history (under Danny in this instance) has taught us that this is unlikely to be sustained, and so it transpired.

The most blatant indicator that Danny was struggling to take things forward was his business during the transfer window of summer 2013. We then had a lamentable start to the season, and this is probably when the BoD should have acted. Easy for me to say, perhaps, but they should either have backed the manager or sacked him in the Autumn. They did neither, and questions have to be asked.

County and Thistle strengthened in the January window, and this could be the business that ultimately secures their top flight status. In contrast, our business was dubious, at best.

Question after question of Danny has been asked this season, and he has failed to come up with the answers on any consistent basis. We can see that - what about the BoD?

Edited by Drew

These last few posts are exactly my concern. How many of the current squad have got contracts beyond this season? How many of the coaching / management staff have contracts beyond this season? And on top of all this, how many of the current BoD will be here after this season? There has been talk of new owners waiting in the wings, but the silence from the BoD has been deafening. For all we know, the buy-out is a done deal, regardless of which league we're in next year. The only stipultion may be that they don't go extending contracts, so that the new owners can put their own men in place.

And where does that leave the club and suppotrers for now? Crossing fingers that we stay up, but no-one *really* caring because no-one is going to be around to actually have to face the consequences.

These last few posts are exactly my concern. How many of the current squad have got contracts beyond this season? How many of the coaching / management staff have contracts beyond this season? And on top of all this, how many of the current BoD will be here after this season? There has been talk of new owners waiting in the wings, but the silence from the BoD has been deafening. For all we know, the buy-out is a done deal, regardless of which league we're in next year. The only stipultion may be that they don't go extending contracts, so that the new owners can put their own men in place.

And where does that leave the club and suppotrers for now? Crossing fingers that we stay up, but no-one *really* caring because no-one is going to be around to actually have to face the consequences.

All clubs face the same unknowable concerns about the future of players in and out of contract - that's the way of today's fitba world.

Saints have also been facing the departure of the old BoD for several seasons.

I am sure players, management and BoD are caring.

It could be worse.

You could be a Sevco supporter.

Edited by bluto

All clubs face the same unknowable concerns about the future of players in an out of contract - that's the way of today's fitba world.

It could be worse.

Exactly! Danny was appointed when the club had been put up for sale. The sale of the club and the uncertainty caused was being blamed for our form in the league during Gus's final season (even though Gary Blues seems to regard this season as a pinnacle of achievement).

Most SPL clubs have lots of players on short term contracts and plenty of loanees whose deals end in the summer.

Yup, I appreciate the club has been up for sale for some years now, but with SO many of the players/staff ulikely to be here next season, combined now with the club shop closing down, the whole thing smarts of a "done deal" in terms of the club sale, with preconditions being to leave the place with as clean a slate as is possible. I'm not questioning any individual's level of professionalism, I'm pretty sure they all hurt when they lose, but I can't help but think there is a disticnt lack of unity in the ranks, because most of them have only weeks left on their contracts and have no reason to have any real concern or passion for The Bigger Picture (unlike us poor mugs).

All clubs face the same unknowable concerns about the future of players in an out of contract - that's the way of today's fitba world.

It could be worse.

Its funny how at the start of the bosman carry-on all the players thought, YAWDAY, run my contract down and ill get a bumper deal from other clubs by signing a pre-contract with someone else. How times have changed that even a player like Bacary Sagna only has a few months to go and still no-one has snapped him up yet as Arsenal are not caving in to his demands. Now the clubs have the upper hand as with the downsizing of most clubs players are not snapped up as they used to be. Job security is a wonderful thing.

Its funny how at the start of the bosman carry-on all the players thought, YAWDAY, run my contract down and ill get a bumper deal from other clubs by signing a pre-contract with someone else. How times have changed that even a player like Bacary Sagna only has a few months to go and still no-one has snapped him up yet as Arsenal are not caving in to his demands. Now the clubs have the upper hand as with the downsizing of most clubs players are not snapped up as they used to be. Job security is a wonderful thing.

I agree, however clubs also 'suffer' from the insecurity of Bosman - and of the use of Loanees - with players/agents naturally keeping cards close to chests. Long term planning is almost impossible - even with the ManU's of the world. (If they're not in CL, I guess some players may have escape clauses in their contracts?)

It's an extra area of work, skill and knowledge that has to be coped with by Managers - and done much more regularly with few players committing to longer than a couple of years - with all sorts of qualifications and equivocations written in on both sides.

If I was really sad, I might even suggest it added interest... :rolleyes: